✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Nov-08: Houston - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M IN TANYA'S PICTURES!!!!! I'M THE GUY WITH THE BLOND HAIR IN THE NAVY BLUE SHIRT. IT LOOKS LIKE I'M 3 ROWS UP. YOU CAN SEE ME THE BEST IN THE 10TH PICTURE DOWN. BEST CONCERT I'VE BEEN TO SINCE I WENT TO THE ONE IN '05. SO MUCH FUN, AND THAT'S FUNNY SEEING ME IN THOSE PICTURES.

I'M IN TANYA'S PICTURES!!!!! I'M THE GUY WITH THE BLOND HAIR IN THE NAVY BLUE SHIRT. IT LOOKS LIKE I'M 3 ROWS UP. YOU CAN SEE ME THE BEST IN THE 10TH PICTURE DOWN. BEST CONCERT I'VE BEEN TO SINCE I WENT TO THE ONE IN '05. SO MUCH FUN, AND THAT'S FUNNY SEEING ME IN THOSE PICTURES.

Thats so cool!! :D

I was there! Hey suckah! You all got great views and shots! I had first upper level like almost way in the back.

But they did come like twenty feet from my seat when they went up the the back! I have a vid and some cool shots that I am too damn lazy to post right now! Soon tho.

Man freaking amazing show it beat the Radiohead concert this year I went to! WaY more energy. And that is really saying something i am a big fan of both! You guys had GREAT seats!

I was there! Hey suckah! You all got great views and shots! I had first upper level like almost way in the back.

But they did come like twenty feet from my seat when they went up the the back! I have a vid and some cool shots that I am too damn lazy to post right now! Soon tho.

Man freaking amazing show it beat the Radiohead concert this year I went to! WaY more energy. And that is really saying something i am a big fan of both! You guys had GREAT seats!

wow crystal :dance:

is great to see you here again :kiss:

O hey I just read some of the last pages on this thread, there were at least two other people from Spring/Woodlands area! Mee toooo I live down FM 2920 in the Spring area but I moved from straight out of the Woodlands year and a half ago. Sweet beans, fellow Houstonians.

I can't believe how many people left after the Scientist. I wasn't leaving until they kicked me out! Those suckers missed the BEST part of the show, seriously!

The lighting effects were very much brilliant, but it was super smoky in there for some weird reason so a handful of my shots reflect that. But otherwise, everything else was awesome.

And was anyone feeling nauseous when those two dudes climbed the ladders to get to the cams or lights (whatever it was they were controlling way up there)!?! I was like "no they did not just go swinging themselves up there!" the whole time they were setting up.

And I guess they got bombarded with butterflies, they kept sweeping them off of themselves.

I wish I would have had more time to set up a meet up, but my husband had surprised me with tickets just the night before. I had been begging him to get me tickets months ago when I found out about the show ( I have missed their hows like four times for whatever reasons ) and he just kept saying maybe, maybe. So I had put it out of my mind the whole time just assuming I wouldn't get to go. But man! He got me!

We spent entirely too much with tickets and a handful of shirts/merch. and food and parking (15 dollars for parking, awesome...right?) But well worth it, truly and amazing show!!!!!

Same ol I guess.

No new news...I was recently unemployed due to the sucky work junk here in the states!

Woop!

right? :O

But all is good, still have my sugar daddy makin us money and still safe so I won't complain.

I kept meaning to log on and post here, but I don't know...been busy working for Google Adsense right now. That like, totally takes so much of my attention. But I am giving myself some time (am really bad at that) to visit the pretty sites that I used to.

:) Really nice to see u around here.

I won't be able to post here tonight but 2 things

Pris have fuuuun and hope you won't die in front of guy

Jo and Angie together??.. poor Jonny :lol:

I survived!!!!! :D

while we are awaiting, Lore won Friendliest Poster in the Coldplaying awards. wooo hooo! congrats

and Carla you know he is lookin at you guys

CONGRATS LORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

PRISSSSS....come out come out, wherever you are....

I think she stole Guy in her carry-on, and is too busy to come tell us her story LOL:sneaky:

I know how to keep my man happy........ :wink3:

This lack of a Pris update is killing me!!!

Gosh where is Pris, I am dying to know what happened!!!!! :(

I'm sorry about that!!!!!! :embarassed:

I spent ALL day yesterday between flights and airplanes, and got home horribly late....... thanxx to the stupid delayed flight........:inquisitive:

But anyways............ here I go!!!!!!

Get ready because this is gonna be a loooong story..... :D

I arrived Houston on Monday night, and i was told by the organizer that our tickets would be handed to her by someone from emi at the venue, just before the show. So the next morning i just wondered around downtown with the only two contest winners that had arrived, and we decided to walk to the Toyota center..... it was still very early when we got there, so there was really nothing to see......

We got back to the hotel to meet the rest of the winners and then we went to get lunch.... i barely ate anything, i was waaayy too excited!!!! :dance:

The organizer said that we would meet at the hotel at 5:30, 'cause we had to be early at the venue to get our tickets and for the meet and greet. :D But at the exact moment when i was thinking of the quickest way to get to the toyota center and join Angie in the stalking festivities, she announced that she needed the two mexican winners <another guy and me> to get back to the hotel with her, because she needed us for some contest-stuff.... so my stalking plan got :toilet:

So we got back to the hotel, the organizer said that she would go to her room to get some stuff, and she'd be right back......... and when she did she was glued to her cel phone so she ended up not needing us at all but she didn't let us know until it was already 5:30........:veryangry2: And all i could think of was all the fun stalking i just missed........:embarassed:

So then she announces that her contact with coldplay <a girl we got to meet later on, and whom i had never seen...... :thinking:think her name is Lorraine> called to let us know that the meet and greet had been postponed to 8:30 and that we were just gonna say hi to them and she was gonna take one picture of all of us with them. We could not ask for personalized pics or autographs, and our organizer was also told that we could not get any cameras in the venue <that's when i had my freak out and logged in here to ask for advise to the wise ones!!!!:D> but of course we all refused to that, and despite the organizer's best efforts to stop us, all of us <except the girl and boy from Chile> took our cameras with us......

So we arrived to the Toyota Center, and were told to wait there. Lorraine <???> was gonna contact us to give us the tickets and let us in for the meet and greet. So we were standing there for what seemed like FOREVER!!!! Everybody started going in, and we were just standing there.

We were all wondering were our seats would be, when the organizer walked over to us with a huge smile in her face and the tickets in her hand. We were all very excited, and asked her where they were located. She had no idea. So i took the tickets and almost died of disapointment when i saw that we were seating in the freaking nosebleads!!!!! :inquisitive: We were all really bummed about that, but extremelly excited to at least get in, see the show and meet them!!!!

We were waiting outside, looking at the radio stand wondering if they could upgrade our tickets when i took a look through the glass at the inside of the Toyota center and the first thing i see is Pete talking to a girl with a red and white striped jersey <yup, i saw you flirting with the man!!!!! :wink3:> and cursed for not being able to get in........

Then, at about 7:30 Lorraine called our organizer, and after a couple of minutes she found us. We walked into the arena and were told to stay GLUED to her and to each other. Walked through glass doors and then into a elevator that would take us upstairs into the room we were meeting the band........... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Pris, you are being nominated for Teasingist (is that word?) coldplayer. get back here

Edit - hi everyone as we are waiting for Pris - off topic once again How we lovin the leak? I'm in Heaven

Let me see if I can sum up my reaction for you:

:stunned:

:o

:shocked2:

:wideeyed:

:dance:

:bomb:

:dead:

it's like opening a present on Christmas eve, you knew you were getting something but it came early......Mel, you are great with smilies, I just talk too much. Jo, sneaking info in class? a girl after my heart. in my day we just passed notes

edit - texting the vampire to get up i know she was up late though last night

after thinking of proper english - it's biggest Teaser - yes that's what you are Miss Pris

I was just about to ask which oldies are still around? Sof? Jack? Eric? Andrea? aLYSSA? Mai? who who who!?

just jack... sofia comes just sometimes, almost never.. same as alyssa :(

OMG pris.. you're back :dance:

EDIT:

Uhh..... HI EVERYONE!!!!!! :D

after thinking of proper english - it's biggest Teaser - yes that's what you are Miss Pris

Me likey!!!! :D

the story continues............

By now you should know that our organizer pretended to take our coldplay-picture and pictures of the show with her videocamera <rookie mistake :dozey:> Obviously security would not let her into the arena with that, so she had to leave it at the box office and asked for one of us to lend her a camera for the pic ......... i was nice enough to volunteer mine :D

So we arrived to god only knows what floor <waaaay too excited to even check:dance:> and Lorraine walked us into a room. She said we could seat, have some cookies or water <there were a bunch of chairs forming a "u" around the room, and a table in a corner with water bottles and cookies> and that she would let us know when the guys were coming.

I took a seat right in front of the open door that led to the hallway from where we entered. Lorraine and another girl were standing there the entire time, along with a security guy <afraid of what fangirls can do??? :lol:>

It was pretty obvious that we were right next to catering..... we could smell food and listen to people talking and the sound of dishes. There was an open door conecting to that room, but it was covered <as well as one part of the room we were at> by the black <jonny> nighty. All i could see was some flowers on a vase and a lamp on top of a table.

Then i had a kindergarden flashback........ the organizer and i asked Lorraine if she could point us the way to the bathroom. Instead she walked us to it, and waited outside for us, and walked us back into the room......... think i was 5 years old the last time someone did that for me :rolleyes:

So there we were, talking, shaking and waiting when I looked over to the hall and saw Franksy pass by :stunned: He looked over to us, but kept walking. Less than 5 minutes later he passed by again and smiled back at me :kiss:

Thank god the bathroom was at the end of the hall......... Less than 10 minutes after my Franksy sighting, Phil passed by!!!!!!!!! :shocked2:

He was looking as hot as always, wearing a blue suit and smiling at Lorraine and the other girl <over the 5 seconds i got to see him :P> Of course a couple of minutes later he passed by again....... He looked so pretty :blush:

After a few more minutes Franksy walked into the room we were at, and thanked us for being there and waiting for the guys.....:smug: He said that they were on their way to us, and that he would come back in a couple of minutes with them........

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: