✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on American Idol! (itunes commercial)

airieslady

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, it is a bit. but frankly, i love it too much to care :P

i made a computer background with it for myself, but it's a bit pixelly, and i'm really not in love with the text i added at the bottom and will probably delete it, but it's working on the most part for me right now. i think no matter what we do, desktop patterns based on this will be pixelly.

vlvdesktopgm7.jpg

not my finest work, let me tell you :laugh4:

yeah, it is a bit. but frankly, i love it too much to care :P

i made a computer background with it for myself, but it's a bit pixelly, and i'm really not in love with the text i added at the bottom and will probably delete it, but it's working on the most part for me right now. i think no matter what we do, desktop patterns based on this will be pixelly.

vlvdesktopgm7.jpg

not my finest work, let me tell you :laugh4:

OOO very cool! :D

Maybe make the glow around "COLDPLAY" white so it has that eclipse effect coming from the background explosion? Just an idea ;)

I still love that avatar though, Jonny looks so hardcore haha....

^if i only knew how to do that...:P

i just use the "simple outer glow" tool in photoshop. if i knew how to mess with it more, i would :D

Haha likewise, I've touched Photoshop maybe twice and I have yet to dare myself to go back and fiddle with all the options and cool stuff...

Good old iPhoto has done me right ;)

Wow this video is awesome.

Great colours

great black and white contrast between the band members and the background

BEAUTIFUL EFFECTS! OMFG!

I like it when Will is drumming and this smoke comes out of the stick

JONNY! AHH XD

Great light explosion

Damn its just beautiful.... :shocked3::surprised:

Some info about the video:

Coldplay iTunes ad debuts on US TV

US TV audiences were last night treated to a new Apples iTunes ad spot for Coldplay's forthcoming album Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends as the band's unique marketing campaign continues to roll out before the album's launch next month.

The 30-second ad, filmed by acclaimed director Mark Romanek, aired on American Idol at 8pm East Coast Time and featured a clip of the band performing the new single Viva La Vida. An accompanying graphic stated: Viva La Vida Coldplay exclusively on iTunes.

The band's manager Dave Holmes of Santa Monica-based 3D Management says the ad clip was filmed a couple of weeks ago and is a significant coup since Apple has only shot similar exclusive iTunes ad spots for a handful of major acts such as Eminem, Mary J Blige, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney. He also promised a wealth of other marketing activity - already first single Violet Hill was made available as a free download - as the album campaign unfolds over the next few weeks.

The ad follows other high-profile marketing activity leading up to the release of the album on June 16 in the UK and June 17 in the US, including giving away as a download for seven days the album's lead-off single Violet Hill, which was also cover-mounted as a seven-inch on the NME. The free download attracted more than 600,000 takers in the first 24 hours and more than 2m in total.

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1034284&c=1

^^ Nice info!

Got the UK release date wrong though didn't they :P

I didn't realise it was filmed specially for the commercial, maybe there is a full length version floating around somewhere....

Why are they doing itunes commercials?! :stunned:

Shame on you boys.

I don't think that this is selling out to advertising in the same way as selling your music to be used in commercials to sell something like cars or clothes etc. They are only promoting their own music. Sadly, now a days artists really need to promote their music online, as CD sales are getting so poor.

I am pretty sure they wouldn't have got paid to do this advertisement as it is just promoting themselves, not other artists or endorsing Apple products like i-pods or computers.

When they started out they played a promotion gig at the HMV music store in Oxford Circus, to encourage people to buy their CD from the shop. Lots of new bands do it. I don't see the difference between doing an online promotion for i-tunes store than doing a promotion for the HMV shop. It's still them just promoting their music. It's sadly not realistic that they can ignore the need to promote online sales, particularly through legal download providers like i-tunes.

I'd be upset if they allowed their music to be used to sell a non-music related product like a car, clothes or electronic equipment. No i-pod adverts please boys!

Oh I know, but they're advertising Apple and itunes as they do so. I agree with needing to promote music online too, is just that I don't think Apple or Coldplay really need advertising you know, everyone knows what both are.

It's good they're promoting paid downloads though and it really is rather cool :D