✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on American Idol! (itunes commercial)

airieslady

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that really is an amazing video. beautiful.

I love how it advertised the album. I don't think i've seen that before.

Yup I think its a great way to advertise the album. As much as some of us don't prefer them to let large companies use their music/video to advertise, this really is the the best way to do it. This video looks amazing and it advertises the sound and feel of the album perfectly ;)

I didn't see this thread.

I saw it! :)

...I almost passed it up while fast forwarding through idol.

I was like, did I see what I think I did...Coldplay. Sure enough, their was a commercial for their new single....

I got goosebumps. :)

So did I! Especially when Will does the huge drum roll into the chorus and the colorful explosion goes off behind the band. What if this happens in the live show!? :o:P

They should make a video with all of us in it :blush::blush::blush:

Hahaha, that would be so much fun! We could all bring our instruments (or voices) and act like we're playing along so all those cool effects will shoot out of our guitars/drums/whatev while we're playing! Just imagine a massive crowd of Coldplayers PLAYING! :D:lol::guitarist:

Some info about the video:

Coldplay iTunes ad debuts on US TV

US TV audiences were last night treated to a new Apples iTunes ad spot for Coldplay's forthcoming album Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends as the band's unique marketing campaign continues to roll out before the album's launch next month.

The 30-second ad, filmed by acclaimed director Mark Romanek, aired on American Idol at 8pm East Coast Time and featured a clip of the band performing the new single Viva La Vida. An accompanying graphic stated: Viva La Vida Coldplay exclusively on iTunes.

The band's manager Dave Holmes of Santa Monica-based 3D Management says the ad clip was filmed a couple of weeks ago and is a significant coup since Apple has only shot similar exclusive iTunes ad spots for a handful of major acts such as Eminem, Mary J Blige, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney. He also promised a wealth of other marketing activity - already first single Violet Hill was made available as a free download - as the album campaign unfolds over the next few weeks.

The ad follows other high-profile marketing activity leading up to the release of the album on June 16 in the UK and June 17 in the US, including giving away as a download for seven days the album's lead-off single Violet Hill, which was also cover-mounted as a seven-inch on the NME. The free download attracted more than 600,000 takers in the first 24 hours and more than 2m in total.

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1034284&c=1

i KNEW the style of this video looked familiar! it was kind of bugging me last night, but not enough for me to get on researching. but this has mark romanek all over it (well, his more recent stuff), namely with respect to "speed of sound," which he also directed! i knew it was reminiscent of something i knew very well..."speed of sound"!

but if THIS is what the global initiative is...i'm disappointed. two days ago while in the apple store (and while they were piping "the scientist" to all the customers), i thought "huh, i wonder if coldplay will put out an itunes ad, and maybe even put out their own ipod?" well...i was half right, but i kind of wish i wasn't. i was hoping for some huge announcement that would make us all die of happiness. but i didn't set myself up to be blown away, either, so i'm not sulking :P

have any one noticed that i tunes are calling it Viva La Vida and not Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Firends (even on itunes store)

Yup its been like that for about a week and a half now, thanks for mentioning it though ;)