✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a tangible representation of this, co-producers Rik Simpson and Dan Green have put together a bunch of rough mixes and sequenced them together according to the "possible running order" that Chris recently wrote up (on the Beehive wall, naturally). There is now a file all locked up in the depths of the building that they can huddle round and listen to from start to finish. They can judge their progress now - and then again when they get home.

I keep re-reading the blog (being umemployed is kind of boring :P) and this cracks me up so bad! :lol: Oh, Chris... :cheesy:

I loved the first part of the blog. It's really funny how he is all paranoid about people breaking into the Beehive :lol:

Yes!! :laugh3: This is so hilarious, like an action movie! :lol:

Oh dear, I love reading Miller's blogs again!! :dance:

blog111pic3.jpg

The visual representation of the new music is intriguing! They seem to be really dynamic, lots of loud and quiet parts.

The waveform on the bottom row second from the right, is quite possibly a piano piece, or else something equally gentle and quiet. Notice the waveforms with more spikey edges (like the one on the top right hand side) are more likely to have an acoustic, stripped down feel. Which I'd love to hear more of.

Also If each of these waveforms represent a whole song, it's interesting to note that a lot of them seem to avoid conventional song structure (verse/chorus/verse/bridge/chorus/outro), but we can only look at the dynamics as clues for this. For example the first one (on the left) seems to have the loudest part of the song halfway through, and then the second half switches to a more mellow mode. The second one from the right on the top row seems to be a Violet Hill type deal with a consistent loudness and a quiet outro (but without the intro), and the second one from the left on the bottom looks like it constantly builds and suddenly fades off at the end. PURE speculation on my part of course :P [/OVERANALYSIS]

I loved the rest of the blog too, of course - the first part was the best, I agree. R#42 is SO much better at this than 'Prospekt' was.

The visual representation of the new music is intriguing! They seem to be really dynamic, lots of loud and quiet parts.

The waveform on the bottom row second from the right, is quite possibly a piano piece, or else something equally gentle and quiet. Notice the waveforms with more spikey edges (like the one on the top right hand side) are more likely to have an acoustic, stripped down feel. Which I'd love to hear more of.

Also If each of these waveforms represent a whole song, it's interesting to note that a lot of them seem to avoid conventional song structure (verse/chorus/verse/bridge/chorus/outro), but we can only look at the dynamics as clues for this. For example the first one (on the left) seems to have the loudest part of the song halfway through, and then the second half switches to a more mellow mode. The second one from the right on the top row seems to be a Violet Hill type deal with a consistent loudness and a quiet outro (but without the intro), and the second one from the left on the bottom looks like it constantly builds and suddenly fades off at the end. PURE speculation on my part of course :P [/OVERANALYSIS]

I loved the rest of the blog too, of course - the first part was the best, I agree. R#42 is SO much better at this than 'Prospekt' was.

I love your analysing of the wave forms :charming:

I love doing it myself :D

Thanks!That was interesting.I don't really know how these things work

This only makes me more impatient about it, I'd love hearing all the progress of songs, or one song, from it's earliest stage, then 2nd stage, then 3rd and so along the way.. until the final arrives on the album. I'm gonna end dreaming about how these songs may sound like after looking at the soundwaves, and the image of them playing.