✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

Does anyone know what type of bass Will is playing in that pic? Also, I probably should search back a couple pages, but have we noticed that Will has the lead vocal mic? I love how they have the bazillion other microphones picking up all kinds of different sounds just sitting in the middle of them all. Fantastic idea. Loving it. The excitement is coming back!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roadie #42 - Blog #112

February 26, 2010 10:23 pm

#42 and the stadium show remembering

news_line.png

After my first day in Buenos Aires being wonderfully relaxed and tourist-y, it's been heads down getting the show together for a bit. It's a little strange going back into stadium-sized gigs after a lengthy period of relatively normal living. I distinctly remember going into the European shows feeling very, very comfortable and relaxed. A hundred and fifty shows on one tour will do that to you....

Here though, the stadium feels absolutely enormous (basically because it is...). Everyone is trying to remember exactly what it is that they used to do to make sure that their little cog in the machine kept moving smoothly.

We had a great run through with the band yesterday, in the empty stadium. That's shaken the dust off nicely, but I have a feeling that 50,000 screaming Argentinians is what we really all need to get us comfortably back into gear.

I'm sat outside the dressing room where I believe Guy and Will are chatting to a film crew from Brazil. I can hear the crowd beginning to fill the floor outside. I'd better go get busy with cables or something to keep the nerves at bay.

Here's a little footage of where we're at from yesterday's production rehearsals.

<object width="400" height="227"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9766799&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9766799&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="227"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/9766799">Rehearsal Day Buenos Aires</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/coldplayyalpdloc">Coldplay</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

R#42

The visual representation of the new music is intriguing! They seem to be really dynamic, lots of loud and quiet parts.

The waveform on the bottom row second from the right, is quite possibly a piano piece, or else something equally gentle and quiet. Notice the waveforms with more spikey edges (like the one on the top right hand side) are more likely to have an acoustic, stripped down feel. Which I'd love to hear more of.

Also If each of these waveforms represent a whole song, it's interesting to note that a lot of them seem to avoid conventional song structure (verse/chorus/verse/bridge/chorus/outro), but we can only look at the dynamics as clues for this. For example the first one (on the left) seems to have the loudest part of the song halfway through, and then the second half switches to a more mellow mode. The second one from the right on the top row seems to be a Violet Hill type deal with a consistent loudness and a quiet outro (but without the intro), and the second one from the left on the bottom looks like it constantly builds and suddenly fades off at the end. PURE speculation on my part of course :P [/OVERANALYSIS]

I loved the rest of the blog too, of course - the first part was the best, I agree. R#42 is SO much better at this than 'Prospekt' was.

Also notice, that the end of the first song is going to beginning of the second song (maybe something like LIT and COL)....and it's the same with second and third song. :)

Red Cross Chile Earthquake Appeal

March 2, 2010 4:46 pm

Donate towards the Red Cross's relief work

news_line.png

Although Coldplay's current tour of Latin America hasn't taken them to Chile, the band have been extremely saddened by reports of the terrible earthquake which hit the country on 27 February. This was one of the largest quakes ever recorded, killing hundreds of people. The Chilean government estimates that around two million people have been affected by the disaster (with around 1.5 million homes damaged).

The British Red Cross has set up an appeal to raise funds for their response work. In partnership with emergency services, they are on the ground, carrying out search and rescue operations and damage assessments, and giving medical assistance where necessary.

You can make a donation to their appeal by clicking here.

Thank you.