✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great but didn't he promise something special next time he blogged? This blog doesn't exactly tell us anything new..nevertheless, better than nothing :)
I think in his last blog when he promised us something special in the following week (when he didn't actually give a blog), I don't think he specifically referred to himself. I think he was referring to the anticipation of the Art History article.

But I could be wrong.

Where's the "make it up to you" part??? :dozey:

He kind of took the wind out of my sail instead. :shame:

The only thing I could make it out was about the plants. :thinking:

And the whole observatory thing.

Why would he stress that part when it supposed to be about the Solar System? :thinking:

blog12101.jpg
Ha ha ha! That looks just like my couch at home!

Will often gets cited as the member of the band most likely to tell Chris "No", or to reject an idea completely. I always feel that this paints a rather unfair picture of him. He's just as likely to be stubbornly and solidly saying "No, it is not shit - not at all. It's going to be great". This refusal to back down and allow doubt to prevail provides a huge amount of Coldplay's spine. I can't begin to imagine how many times it's been essential to the mix over the years.

R#42

So I guess that means this happens more often than people thought:

anej9g.jpg

:D

Why would he stress that part when it supposed to be about the Solar System? :thinking:
I really think people are misinterpreting / making more of the whole solar system thing than it actually is. I mentioned on the previous page that I think I know what the deal is with it, but nobody seemed interested. :disappointed:

I really think people are misinterpreting / making more of the whole solar system thing than it actually is. I mentioned on the previous page that I think I know what the deal is with it, but nobody seemed interested. :disappointed:

yeah! Please tell!

That's great but didn't he promise something special next time he blogged? This blog doesn't exactly tell us anything new..nevertheless, better than nothing :)

It won't surprise anyone to hear of moments in the development of a song where there are losses of confidence. It's par for the course and the feeling can flare up out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly. "Moments", is exactly what they are. The overall vibe is decidedly "up" here, with everyone very excited at what they're hearing.

With the " " marks I'd say maybe he giving us a few song titles. ;)

It won't surprise anyone to hear of moments in the development of a song where there are losses of confidence. It's par for the course and the feeling can flare up out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly. "Moments", is exactly what they are. The overall vibe is decidedly "up" here, with everyone very excited at what they're hearing.

With the " " marks I'd say maybe he giving us a few song titles. ;)

Intriguing idea. Very possible, too.

When I read the "Moments" part I immediatly thought it was a bit weird, then I though it could be some kind of song title or something :thinking:

I thought the same. Maybe R#42 is trying to tell us something. :awesome:

yeah! Please tell!

:awesome: Glad you asked.

As some people noted about the picture in the previous blog, there is a poster on the wall of planets/solar system, as well as some sketches on the white board:

blog12006.jpg

Okay, here's my little theory:

The planet "theme" doesn't relate to the songs themselves, it's more to represent the general layout of the album. To get a better "visual representation", so to speak, of the format, to keep themselves on track. A sun and some planets. The planets revolve around the sun, as does with an album the songs revolve around one other song/theme (Chris once said that was Trouble on Parachutes, In My Place on AROBTTH, etc.). The "giant" of the solar system is Jupiter; and there's also usually a "giant" song from each LP (Yellow on Parachutes, Clocks on AROBTTH, Fix You on X&Y, and VLV on VLVODAAHF). The other planets have their own characteristics/place in the solar system, as do songs on each LP.

So, hence, therefore, thus, alas... I think the "theme" of solar system is just so they can get a better visual representation of each song's role on the album. THAT'S IT. NOTHING MORE.

THE END

FIN

I'M OUT

PEACE YO

I noted this:

Guy too, can view the work in progress and bring to the table his ever growing experience as a producer in his own right. Guy often gets gently teased by the others for his huge array of extra curricular activities, but the truth is, his overview of the production process allows him to eloquently assess strengths, weaknesses and alternative approaches - And this experience and knowledge feeds directly into the Coldplay project.

I always said that Apparatjik will be a great help in the creation process in CP and help Guy to 'step up' a little...Glad, it's actually coming true!!! :dance:

And Will...you'll be my champion FOR EVER <3

Ha ha ha! That looks just like my couch at home!

So I guess that means this happens more often than people thought:

anej9g.jpg

:D

It's GENIUS!!! :awesome: Where did you get that?

As some people noted about the picture in the previous blog, there is a poster on the wall of planets/solar system, as well as some sketches on the white board:

blog12006.jpg

The planet "theme" doesn't relate to the songs themselves, it's more to represent the general layout of the album. To get a better "visual representation", so to speak, of the format, to keep themselves on track. A sun and some planets. The planets revolve around the sun, as does with an album the songs revolve around one other song/theme (Chris once said that was Trouble on Parachutes, In My Place on AROBTTH, etc.). The "giant" of the solar system is Jupiter; and there's also usually a "giant" song from each LP (Yellow on Parachutes, Clocks on AROBTTH, Fix You on X&Y, and VLV on VLVODAAHF). The other planets have their own characteristics/place in the solar system, as do songs on each LP.

So, hence, therefore, thus, alas... I think the "theme" of solar system is just so they can get a better visual representation of each song's role on the album. THAT'S IT. NOTHING MORE.

THE END

FIN

I'M OUT

PEACE YO

that makes sense... and maybe there will be nine songs on the album, then. :awesome: or nine tracks at least. :P

blog12006.jpg

THE END

FIN

I'M OUT

PEACE YO

Well,look at you, Ms. Smarty over here.

That sounds completely logical and definitely something Coldplay would do.

I'm stickin' with your theory as well.

:thumbsup: