✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Small Reminders/Updates & The Coldplay Messenger (feat. Roadie #42!)

eFlat

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The conversation about today's song is getting underway. Guy' date=' Will, Chris and Phil are sitting with producer Markus Dravs. Jonny has already sat at his guitar-world and has begun experimenting with sounds. His guitar is being fed into his laptop. [b']What is coming out the other end sounds very much like it's arriving from another planet.[/b]

Anyone else notice this? Link it with the solar system thingy.....

"Chris is mid flow discussing the song that they'll be working on today. It's a tune that he's been incredibly excited by since it first appeared and suddenly he's having very major doubts as to whether it will even end up making it onto the record. In a quintessentially Chris style, he gets halfway through a sentence outlining his grave concerns, before interrupting himself and turning to shout over his shoulder to Jonny.

"Fucking hell man, that's INCREDIBLE - Rik, make sure that's being recorded...."

He continues where he left off without missing a beat. Simultaneously maintaining despair and ecstatic excitement. Ever the multi-tasker....."

this is my favorite part of the blog

I have a question about the blog.When roadie 42 said that Jonny is putting his sounds into his laptop and it's coming out the other end like from space,or something like that, do you think that means they are doing a lot of electronic sounds.

.I hate that kind of music.I like to hear real instrumnts playing real sounds.

I'm so excited about this latest blog! I mean, sounds like its going to be such a great thing and such innovative, i dont know... And im curious about what Roadie meant exactly about Guy... I guess this can mean that he is bringing something extra to the sound of the band, which makes things even more exciting! I bet it's gonna be once again different but still in oh-so-Coldplay's style!!! =D

I don't understand what the big deal is... haven't you guys heard that classic little ditty?

"Guy, Will, Chris and Phil are sitting..."

Okay, I'll put it here and use Ian and Jen as an example...

Ian and Jen, sitting in a tree

k-i-s-s-i-n-g

First comes love, then comes marriage

Then comes Sam in the baby carriage

He wasn't trying to imply that the guys were kissing :whip:

This is such a great description of what it must feel like to be there and it sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The studio sounds very cosy, they should add teddy bears they are very soothing even just to the eye like little gorillas and cute little jungle animals to go along with the plants :) I can't wait to hear the new album :)

One Love.

I don't understand what the big deal is... haven't you guys heard that classic little ditty?

"Guy, Will, Chris and Phil are sitting..."

Okay, I'll put it here and use Ian and Jen as an example...

Ian and Jen, sitting in a tree

k-i-s-s-i-n-g

First comes love, then comes marriage

Then comes Sam in the baby carriage

He wasn't trying to imply that the guys were kissing :whip:

I know this ditty but I wondered what exactly was his intention to post it if it wasn't about them kissing each other :blank:

Anyway, I would love to just sit in a little corner of the beehive and listen to them :wacko:

It won't surprise anyone to hear of moments in the development of a song where there are losses of confidence. It's par for the course and the feeling can flare up out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly. "Moments", is exactly what they are. The overall vibe is decidedly "up" here, with everyone very excited at what they're hearing.

With the " " marks I'd say maybe he giving us a few song titles. ;)

Wauw, I did wonder why those words had ". :thinking: :surprised: You make a very good point. ;) Well thought!

So I suppose that means there will also be a song called "lounge area"

:thinking:

Ummm... no.

You can't put it on every word in the blog with "s. There's no very obvious reason to put them around "moments" and "up", though.

there is a poster on the wall of planets/solar system, as well as some sketches on the white board:

blog12006.jpg

here's my little theory:

The planet "theme" doesn't relate to the songs themselves, it's more to represent the general layout of the album. To get a better "visual representation", so to speak, of the format, to keep themselves on track. A sun and some planets. The planets revolve around the sun, as does with an album the songs revolve around one other song/theme (Chris once said that was Trouble on Parachutes, In My Place on AROBTTH, etc.). The "giant" of the solar system is Jupiter; and there's also usually a "giant" song from each LP (Yellow on Parachutes, Clocks on AROBTTH, Fix You on X&Y, and VLV on VLVODAAHF). The other planets have their own characteristics/place in the solar system, as do songs on each LP.

So, hence, therefore, thus, alas... I think the "theme" of solar system is just so they can get a better visual representation of each song's role on the album.

I like your theory. :) It seems very logical.

that makes sense... and maybe there will be nine songs on the album, then. :awesome: or nine tracks at least. :P

You two have a point, because albums must

60mins02932.jpg. ;)

I love Chris stopping his assassination of his own song to praise Jonny and then continuing :lol:
This! :wacky:

"Chris is mid flow discussing the song that they'll be working on today. It's a tune that he's been incredibly excited by since it first appeared and suddenly he's having very major doubts as to whether it will even end up making it onto the record. In a quintessentially Chris style, he gets halfway through a sentence outlining his grave concerns, before interrupting himself and turning to shout over his shoulder to Jonny.

"Fucking hell man, that's INCREDIBLE - Rik, make sure that's being recorded...."

He continues where he left off without missing a beat. Simultaneously maintaining despair and ecstatic excitement. Ever the multi-tasker....."

this is my favorite part of the blog

I agree. :)

6musicthmb.jpg

BBC 6 Music is saved

July 5, 2010 3:03 pm

BBC Trust rejects station closure

news_line.png

You might remember that, earlier this year, the BBC announced its plans to close 6 Music, the wonderful radio station which plays a crucial and unique role in British music.

We're very pleased to report that the BBC Trust today rejected the station's planned closure. This was largely due to the enormous public opposition to the plans. So, we'd like to offer heartfelt congratulations to everyone at 6 Music and a big thanks to all of you who took the trouble to contact the BBC Trust and voice your opinions.

Coldplay