✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

7-Dec-08 - Liverpool, Echo Arena - Meetups, Review/Photos (originally 10-Dec)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michie's Mega Review Pt. 5

So they leave the stage and go up into the crowd, as per. Chris says to us in the front that we should text our friends (which I was :lol:) whilst those at the back see how ugly they really are (yeah, yeah Chris, stop fishing for compliments :P) I can't remember exactly what he said after that, something about Liverpool again :D Then was like "this has got to be the most long winded introduction ever" :P They played Green Eyes (SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) and I was desperately trying to call Mel, I had a really bad signal and it wouldn't connect and I was scared it would be over before I got through. Thankfully I did. :D Sorry it was the end of the song Mel :(

He introduced Death Will Never Conquer by saying Will was going solo and was going to audition for X Factor :lol: He said if you're watching next year vote for "little 30 year old Will from Southampton" :nice: He sang it well and Jonny and Guy were having a right old laugh throughout :D

VLV remix was played as they made their way back down. You boys at the front were waving your phones and your glow bracelets :D Me and Mari danced like crazy fools :lol:

Politik next :D Some lovely singing from JB :D Chris changed one of the lyrics to "give me screams from Liverpool" or something like that, which we all did, of course. His voice was stunning tonight, "so give me love over etc" was just perfect! :dead:

LIJ weeee! Started with Chris and Jonny having another little laugh. Chris was skidding down the ramp on his knees like a little kid :lol: The butterflies were stunning as usual, of course we knew they were coming, but I love seeing everyone else look utterly amazed as they fall. Chris ran up to Jonny and sort of jumped on him and then span him around :lol: I have it on video :D

DAAHF followed. Chris sang the beginning acapella :D Was stunning and when Jonny's guitar came in he timed it so his fingers hit the piano at exactly the same time! It was just amazing! We all sang along to the "recycled" revenge lines :D :dance:

So they did their bow and left the stage. The "woahs" started up again along with stomping and clapping and we must have done it for a good 5 minutes. Really loud. It was amazing. Chris came back out on stage, dropped to his knees and worshipped us! :D :dance:

Next up was The Scientist full version! :dance: Sooo beautiful sang every word again! I've really missed the full version :nice: I filmed the whole thing. :D

Finally LITii! It was soooooo good live, I'm so glad I got to see it! :dance: Chris thanked us profusely between the verses, saying he wished they could play Liverpool every single night :D I'd gladly take them. He got to his knees again too :D He waved and walked off. The other boys stayed for ages though. Waving, smiling, clapping, thanking us, throwing stuff into the audience. Guitar picks, drums sticks :D Unfortunately I got neither :(

I hope I manged to put across how epic this show was, I saw the twice in Florida and whilst they were both amazing, this was just on another level. I think the mixture of a fantastic audience, them being in an amazing mood, plus them being completely on form performance wise made it the best evening of my life. And surely one of the best for the boys. They honestly did seem overwhelmed and dumbfounded by the response and I'm sooo glad I got to be a part of that :dance:

A little more to come. :D

So they leave the stage and go up into the crowd, as per. Chris says to us in the front that we should text our friends (which I was :lol:) whilst those at the back see how ugly they really are (yeah, yeah Chris, stop fishing for compliments :P) I can't remember exactly what he said after that, something about Liverpool again :D Then was like "this has got to be the most long winded introduction ever" :P They played Green Eyes (SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) and I was desperately trying to call Mel, I had a really bad signal and it wouldn't connect and I was scared it would be over before I got through. Thankfully I did. :D Sorry it was the end of the song Mel :(

He introduced Death Will Never Conquer by saying Will was going solo and was going to audition for X Factor :lol: He said if you're watching next year vote for "little 30 year old Will from Southampton" :nice: He sang it well and Jonny and Guy were having a right old laugh throughout :D

VLV remix was played as they made their way back down. You boys at the front were waving your phones and your glow bracelets :D Me and Mari danced like crazy fools :lol:

Politik next :D Some lovely singing from JB :D Chris changed one of the lyrics to "give me screams from Liverpool" or something like that, which we all did, of course. His voice was stunning tonight, "so give me love over etc" was just perfect! :dead:

LIJ weeee! Started with Chris and Jonny having another little laugh. Chris was skidding down the ramp on his knees like a little kid :lol: The butterflies were stunning as usual, of course we knew they were coming, but I love seeing everyone else look utterly amazed as they fall. Chris ran up to Jonny and sort of jumped on him and then span him around :lol: I have it on video :D

DAAHF followed. Chris sang the beginning acapella :D Was stunning and when Jonny's guitar came in he timed it so his keys hit the piano at exactly the same time! It was just amazing! We all sang along to the "recycled" revenge lines :D :dance:

So they did their bow and left the stage. The "woahs" started up again along with stomping and clapping and we must have done it for a good 5 minutes. Really loud. It was amazing. Chris came back out on stage, dropped to his knees and worshipped us! :D :dance:

Next up was The Scientist full version! :dance: Sooo beautiful sang every word again! I've really missed the full version :nice: I filmed the whole thing. :D

Finally LITii! It was soooooo good live, I'm so glad I got to see it! :dance: Chris thanked us profusely between the verses, saying he wished they could play Liverpool every single night :D I'd gladly take them. He got to his knees again too :D He waved and walked off. The other boys stayed for ages though. Waving, smiling, clapping, thanking us, throwing stuff into the audience. Guitar picks, drums sticks :D Unfortunately I got neither :(

I hope I manged to put across how epic this show was, I saw the twice in Florida and whilst they were both amazing, this was just on another level. I think the mixture of a fantastic audience, them being in an amazing mood, plus them being completely on form performance wise made it the best evening of my life. And surely one of the best for the boys. They honestly did seem overwhelmed and dumbfounded by the response and I'm sooo glad I got to be a part of that :dance:

A little more to come. :D

:stunned:

AMAZING!!!

:cry: almost in tears over such an incredible show and your wonderful words describing it:kiss:

Michie's Mega Review Pt. 6

So after everyone started clearing out I asked Mari to come get a setlist :D We hung around for a bit trying to get the attention of any roadie. Eventually Rik gave me his :dance: Weee I have it right here. Then another roadie went to give Mari Jonny's setlist off the floor and some bastard jumped in front of her and snatched it away! :angry: :\ Prick.

We decide to go say hello to Pete, I got a text of Jen about the amazing response for sign ups. :D We chatted for a bit about how amazing the show was and how the crowds had been a bit off during Sheffield and Birmingham. I laughed at him for getting a blog out so fast. We told him Mari was from Coldplaying and she told him she was from Brazil, but didn't mention she lived over here :lol: He was probably thinking we were both freaks. One of us turns up in America, the other comes all the way from Brazil :laugh4: I told Pete the bastard setlist stealer story and he gave Mari his setlist! :nice: :dance: Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

And that's that.

Mari is lovely as I said, I had a blast with her and she has the most AMAZING pictures! Wait until she gets home :dead:

I have a few pics and video that I'll try and sort tomorrow. The video is actually pretty good :D :wideeyed:

I had a blast. Weeeee.

So after everyone started clearing out I asked Mari to come get a setlist :D We hung around for a bit trying to get the attention of any roadie. Eventually Rik gave me his :dance: Weee I have it right here. Then another roadie went to give Mari Jonny's setlist off the floor and some bastard jumped in front of her and snatched it away! :angry: :\ Prick.

We decide to go say hello to Pete, I got a text of Jen about the amazing response for sign ups. :D We chatted for a bit about how amazing the show was and how the crowds had been a bit off during Sheffield and Birmingham. I laughed at him for getting a blog out so fast. We told him Mari was from Coldplaying and she told him she was from Brazil, but didn't mention she lived over here :lol: He was probably thinking we were both freaks. One of us turns up in America, the other comes all the way from Brazil :laugh4: I told Pete the bastard setlist stealer story and he gave Mari his setlist! :nice: :dance: Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

And that's that.

Mari is lovely as I said, I had a blast with her and she has the most AMAZING pictures! Wait until she gets home :dead:

I have a few pics and video that I'll try and sort tomorrow. The video is actually pretty good :D :wideeyed:

I had a blast. Weeeee.

Pete is such a sweetheart:heart:

YAY! :dance:

Great review Mich!

Can't wait to see more pics and vids!!!!:D

Awwwww Pete :)

Glad you got a setlist too! hehe... we are the setlist collectors this tour :dance: ......all the other oldies don't care, at standing gigs you have crazy mental people launching themselves for anything and everything.

So glad it was so amazing!

Wish I could have come!!!!! I love it, they're obviously loving being back home :)

Can't wait for more pics....but bed now haha. :sleep:

Sounds like you all had a great night (we did in Glasgow) but don't you get the feeling the guys themselves are having their best time ever. Constantly clapping, waving and cheering the crowd. Chris is just a bundle of pure energy, Guy and Will are soooo cool, and Jonny is just hot, hot, hot!!!!

I spent the entire weekend in bed with the flu - my boyfriend wanted to cancel or sell my ticket... if it had been any other band I'd have stayed in bed but I'd been looking forward to this so much.

This was my fifth Coldplay concert and I have to say it was by far the best. When I saw them during the X & Y album, they seemed to be a band kinda going through the motions. Last night was just four guys having the time of their lives. They all seemed so up for it - as were the crowd! I've had my fair share of moans about Liverpool audiences in the past, but last night they sang their hearts out - I did too when I wasn't coughing my guts up!

Highlights for me included In My Place - it's always been my favourite song but because I had such an awesome seat, I got to see Jonny up close - he's transformed from the shy musician I saw way back in the early days. He was feeding off the crowds energy so much. I was sat right infront of the little runway to the left of the stage. Jonny came to do his thing then Chris joined him, by doing a massive jump towards him... for a split second there was this look of panic on Chris' face "Shit, I'm going to knock him over"... he somehow managed to pull back and leave Jonny safe to play that beautiful riff.

Yellow was awesome - wasn't expecting the balloons. It was fun to see the looks on peoples faces who'd clearly never been to a Coldplay concert before.

Strawberry Swing was brilliant too. I know one or two people have been disappointed with it live, and I've seen clips myself that were a little underwhelming but they totally have that number sussed now and I couldn't help but laugh at the "nipples" in the magic balls... Coldplaying.com was never far from my mind.

I could go on and on, but I'm still in the grip of the 'flu. I will say that 42 was brill - it's a song I've never been a huge fan of, and that Will sounded great on Death Will Never Conquer. I hope it's not the last time we get to hear him take a lead vocal.

The absolute highlight, however, had to be Viva La Vida. The crowd went absolutley mental and maybe it was just me, but that song actually sounded louder than all the others. Everyone just had so much fun.

I really shouldn't have gone and I'm paying for it this morning, the flu is worse than ever, but it truly was a night I'll never forget.

Finally I know what to put on the back of my postcard!

30 seconds of butterflies and fireworks. Beautiful.

YouTube - Lovers In Japan, Coldplay - Liverpool Echo Arena, 07/12/08

Wow, you had good seats!

Haha, Yes that was our flag :D, My friend Gbilbo is gonna post the pics tommorow along with a vid of Fix You AND I caught a Plec ;o

OH! Was it a Jonny pick? :surprised: Or whose? :dance:

So me, my friend Mike and her meet up and decide to go to for pizza.

Did you put it away Mich? :sneaky:

to my great surprise and delight row K is only 6 rows back :D The perfect view. Dead centre. Mari was about another 6 rows behind us.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Me and Mari in the arena :D

DSC00651.jpg

:dance: You two are SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!

Michie's Mega Review Pt. 3

He told the right side to cheer when Guy raised his hand, the left when Jonny did and the centre when Will did. The centre were loudest by far. Mwahaha. Go us! He did it over and over again though. "Guy, Jonny, Will, Guy, Jonny, Will, Guy, Jonny, Will..." They boys were having a great time as we all competed with one another, I have it all on film

That is awesome!

So then Yellow started and what should appear above our heads? THE YELLOW BALLOONS! They're back and as big as ever! There were soooo many of them. They kept landing by poor Jonny who had about 7 at his feet

Why do BALLS suddenly appear, every time you are near?????????

I would love to be at a show with the giant yellow balloons! So cool!

CSC next, Jonny (who I forgot to mention JB fans, has a new hat :P) was rocking out big style, jumping around, throwing his body around the stage. :D

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Go Jonny! :wink3:

42, we all sang the beginning, and Chris did his usual silly dance as the guitar kicked in. Jonny was giving it some welly tonight :D At the end Chris milked us for loud singing AGAIN by getting us to song the last few lines and then the "ooooh" once we did that he celebrated by holding a very loud and very, very long note.

Welly? :laugh3:

More to come...

DSC00720.jpg

DSC00718.jpg?t=1228699734

Michie's Mega Review Pt. 4

Strawberry Swing next, which I just love, we all clapped along with Guy. Lots of lovely little Chris and Jonny moments too, girlies, at one point Chris was looking over to Jonny and singing the lines "Now the sky could be blue, I don't mind, without you it's a waste of time"

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :blush:

So they head on over to the B stage and because of the lax security and the weird layout of the arena we all got to move over and we were INCHES from them. So so close! No one cared that we'd rushed the stage. Was awesome! I have some excellent ass shaking footage that I'll get up as soon as I can

That's greta Mich! :D Gosh, I wish it was like that here. They are so strict! I need to see more shows in the UK.

They played GPASUYF and Talk but I honestly don't remember much due to being in a daze at how close we were. As they walked off me and Mari decided to be a little fangirlish and scream for Jonny. It was loud and I'm sure he heard, but he didn't turn around. Booo

He sure is getting lots of love! Good job girls! :dance:

[fangirl] As Chris stepped up to the keyboard I saw him mouth 'are you okay?' to Jonny, who smiled widely and nodded yes [/fangirl]

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

He didn't get on his knees and bend back like usual, he just literally dropped like a limp doll to the floor! Hehe. We all carried on singing the "woahs" so loudly. We kept going on and on, I looked over towards the stage and Jonny and Guy were looking at each other visibly SHOCKED by how loud we were and long we were going. By the end I could barely breathe, I literally didn't have the energy to sing any more. It was incredible. In the end Chris had Will start Lost! I've never heard a crowd so loud before, I'm trying to convey just how epic this was.

:stunned: Wow! I'm so glad you girls were there for all this!!!

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DAYYUM!!

Politik next Some lovely singing from JB

:D:wink3:

LIJ weeee! Started with Chris and Jonny having another little laugh. Chris was skidding down the ramp on his knees like a little kid. The butterflies were stunning as usual, of course we knew they were coming, but I love seeing everyone else look utterly amazed as they fall. Chris ran up to Jonny and sort of jumped on him and then span him around. I have it on video

The love was strong tonight! :lol:

The other boys stayed for ages though. Waving, smiling, clapping, thanking us, throwing stuff into the audience. Guitar picks, drums sticks Unfortunately I got neither

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH picks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I manged to put across how epic this show was, I saw the twice in Florida and whilst they were both amazing, this was just on another level. I think the mixture of a fantastic audience, them being in an amazing mood, plus them being completely on form performance wise made it the best evening of my life. And surely one of the best for the boys. They honestly did seem overwhelmed and dumbfounded by the response and I'm sooo glad I got to be a part of that

A little more to come.

Great review Michie!

So after everyone started clearing out I asked Mari to come get a setlist. We hung around for a bit trying to get the attention of any roadie. Eventually Rik gave me his. Weee I have it right here. Then another roadie went to give Mari Jonny's setlist off the floor and some bastard jumped in front of her and snatched it away! Prick.

:veryangry:

We decide to go say hello to Pete, I got a text of Jen about the amazing response for sign ups. We chatted for a bit about how amazing the show was and how the crowds had been a bit off during Sheffield and Birmingham. I laughed at him for getting a blog out so fast. We told him Mari was from Coldplaying and she told him she was from Brazil, but didn't mention she lived over here He was probably thinking we were both freaks. One of us turns up in America, the other comes all the way from Brazil I told Pete the bastard setlist stealer story and he gave Mari his setlist! Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

And that's that.

Mari is lovely as I said, I had a blast with her and she has the most AMAZING pictures! Wait until she gets home

I have a few pics and video that I'll try and sort tomorrow. The video is actually pretty good

I had a blast. Weeeee.

Aw Pete! :blush: Good you talked to him! :nice:

Forgot to mention that during the start of DAAHF someone shouted "Jonny Buckland" really loudly! Then Mari followed suit by shouting it too.

YAY for Jonny love!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

DSC00766.jpg?t=1228704598

:dead:

Wow, such amazing and detailed reviews! Thanks so much Mich! What an incredible night! Glad everyone had such a good time. Can't wait to see your videos AFTER you have a nice rest, a hot shower, a pot of coffee, and a bacon sandwich. :nice: And I'm looking forward to Mari's review! :dance:

Thanks girls!

OMG, I know this is sorta late, but i feal i have to just relive that, That was absolutely amazing, Dead centre front row! They Walked on carrying Sparklers, and imediately divulged into an energetic set. The set that we seen was the norm, however with a strange ending to Chinese sleep chant instrumental that i'd never seen before. Chris was realy up for it, and the Crowd more than Followed. Baloons during Yellow, and looking up into the skies to see a sea of glow in the dark butterflies fall gracefully onto you is awe inspiring.

We Took our French flag with Viva la Vida on it, And thought that we should throw it on stage, so during the Politik we did, Chris noted it, Played on and then Just before Lovers, Picked it up and put it around him!! then put it around Will who smiled at us!!! At the end when they do there salute, it was around wills arms!

At the end of the Show, we got a Set list off one of the techs, and Got a Plec of Johnny, Each!!!!:) And chris came over to us, and put two thumbs up. Didnt get the flag back like, but im glad because its nice to immagine where it is now. Absolutely fantastic Night.

Who Needs Dreams when they can Never Match that Reality?

Highlights for me included In My Place - it's always been my favourite song but because I had such an awesome seat, I got to see Jonny up close - he's transformed from the shy musician I saw way back in the early days. He was feeding off the crowds energy so much. I was sat right infront of the little runway to the left of the stage. Jonny came to do his thing then Chris joined him, by doing a massive jump towards him... for a split second there was this look of panic on Chris' face "Shit, I'm going to knock him over"... he somehow managed to pull back and leave Jonny safe to play that beautiful riff.

AWWWWWWWW! Thanks for your wonderful description of Jonny! Sorry you were sick and I hope you get better very soon. Thanks for the review!:D

OMG, I know this is sorta late, but i feal i have to just relive that, That was absolutely amazing, Dead centre front row! They Walked on carrying Sparklers, and imediately divulged into an energetic set. The set that we seen was the norm, however with a strange ending to Chinese sleep chant instrumental that i'd never seen before. Chris was realy up for it, and the Crowd more than Followed. Baloons during Yellow, and looking up into the skies to see a sea of glow in the dark butterflies fall gracefully onto you is awe inspiring.

We Took our French flag with Viva la Vida on it, And thought that we should throw it on stage, so during the Politik we did, Chris noted it, Played on and then Just before Lovers, Picked it up and put it around him!! then put it around Will who smiled at us!!! At the end when they do there salute, it was around wills arms!

At the end of the Show, we got a Set list off one of the techs, and Got a Plec of Johnny, Each!!!!:) And chris came over to us, and put two thumbs up. Didnt get the flag back like, but im glad because its nice to immagine where it is now. Absolutely fantastic Night.

Who Needs Dreams when they can Never Match that Reality?

OMG! Were you one of the guys that were dressed up in Coldplay-style outfits?

Weeeeeeeeeee! So glad for you. God, I want a Jonny pick :bomb: but it seems he gives them mostly to guys.

Thanks for your review!