✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

7-Dec-08 - Liverpool, Echo Arena - Meetups, Review/Photos (originally 10-Dec)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHA. I still get nasty comments on youtube for those videos!!!

people really expect us to stay quiet for their own amusement while we watch those concerts?? :thinking:

But I do admit that my yelling during politik is just plain annoying. :blush:

but my crying during fix you was overall seen as adorable (or people are just big fat liars) :laugh4:

I knooow.

Like, I put a video of LiT ii on youtube. it's fairly good quality, the song is from beginning to end and a stupid git comes and says "that girl singing is horrible", and I sang like... 5 lines, just coz I didn't want to completely ruin the vid!!!

I was happy I made to 3 different concerts because what I have noticed happening often to me is that I'm so into filming the concerts and trying to make it reasonably 'viewable' that I end up spending more time doing so than actually enjoying the gig properly.

At least this time I managed to fully enjoy Coldplay without really caring (much) and on this last gig, that I was so close, I just took more than 100 pics and almost didn't film at all...

(poor Mimi on the other hand has to take up with my screaming on her vids... :laugh4:)

Marianats,

I was just looking at all your pics on your site and they are wonderful.The Coldplay pics and the random ones.You and your friends are all so gorgeous.

So you're from Brazil and you're in school in England.??? And the pics of you and the guys are great.Did you just meet them waiting for them.I love the pic of you and Chris with your heads totally touching.

Marianats,

I was just looking at all your pics on your site and they are wonderful.The Coldplay pics and the random ones.You and your friends are all so gorgeous.

So you're from Brazil and you're in school in England.??? And the pics of you and the guys are great.Did you just meet them waiting for them.I love the pic of you and Chris with your heads totally touching.

Uhhmm... Thank you for the compliment :blush:

I met them last year in Brazil when they went to Sao Paulo for the twisted logic tour. and it wasn't by accident as we waited long hours in front of the hotel but it was all worth it.

And yeah, I'm from Brazil but am doing my masters here in Oxford...

Forum entry from http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/71633-scum-i-encountered-what-otherwise-great-night.html

There really is too many of them.

Tonight I went to watch Coldplay at the Echo arena. Now, this post is not about Coldplay nor about music at all. I had a great night but I had to make sure it was not spoilt by the twats behind me.

Coldplay is a band that has fans that have a bit of class about them. I knew that it wasn't going to be like the Oasis concert at all and thats why I took my mum along. The floor was seated (or basically allocated places) so I knew that it wasn't going to get crowded in.

We were in our seats watching the support acts for about an hour before the main show. Then about 5 minutes to the start I get an elbow in the back of my head and hear 'fuckin el we're quite far back here aren't we' as two lads venture into there seats behind us followed by two slapped up blondes. You know the type I'm on about already. Immediately my thoughts turn from 'this is quote a good crowd I have around me here' to 'what the hell are these doing liking Coldplay?'. My attentions then resumed to the concert.

The first 15 minutes one of them had managed to spill their drink over the young lads leg next to them. By about half an hour in it became apparent that the 2 birds had no interest in the concert and were sat down all the way through. Fair enough I thought.

About halfway through the act the band moved towards the back of the stage to do a couple of songs up in the stand. It was then that these two dickheads started throwing bottles at the crowds and coldplay themselves (but I doubt they were aware). Now, I know they are only plastic bottles, but nobody wants half the drink that all over there clothes. I was actually embarresed for them as everybody around was clearly not impressed and aware of these cunts by now.

The show goes on and 15 minutes later it became apparent that they either already knew or were cut from the same cloth as another few scallies behind them. They then started play fighting (2 big lads) and ended up falling forwards into our row pushing the seats with them. My mum fumes, pokes one of them and complains they've just hurt her arm. No apology, he just points at the young lad next to him.

2 minutes later a few more bottles get launched fowards and then they leave with 20 minutes of the concert remaining.

By then it was difficult to get back into the swing of things and enjoy the concert like I wanted to. I'm going to try my best to erase the memory of those cunts though because their not going to ruin what will stay in my memory for a good while. Whatever your thoughts on Coldplay, I love them

But why did these even come in the first place? Why are there so many of them in our city? Why do they have to spoil it for the majority? Why can't they handle their ale? Why can't we stone them all to death. Seriously, I would have a clear conscience if I could personally stab them all in the throat and get away with it. Rant over. Sorry for boring you, but I just wanted to share.

That's a shame. I have to say the people around me were all having a great time, but it's not always the case at Liverpool gigs.

I saw Elbow at the Uni and it seemed like half the crowd talked their way through it while some people at Vampire Weekend thought it would be fun to throw their pints in the air.

Why do people pay good money to ignore the music and make others peoples night miserable?

But why did these even come in the first place? Why are there so many of them in our city? Why do they have to spoil it for the majority? Why can't they handle their ale? Why can't we stone them all to death. Seriously, I would have a clear conscience if I could personally stab them all in the throat and get away with it. Rant over. Sorry for boring you, but I just wanted to share.[/i]

This, lol.

I totally forgot about the sparklers until Mich mentioned them :P

I don't understand why the stewards don't chuck them out at the first sign of trouble. The first time I saw Coldplay was at Newcastle. All through the support act I was really stressed out by three peoplev behind me who were so drunk, they couldn't sit up straight. They were rowdy and making everyone around them feel uncomfortable. The stewards only intervened when one of them tried to light a spliff. Then the were all removed and the rest of us could get on with enjoying the evening

That's a shame. I have to say the people around me were all having a great time, but it's not always the case at Liverpool gigs.

I saw Elbow at the Uni and it seemed like half the crowd talked their way through it while some people at Vampire Weekend thought it would be fun to throw their pints in the air.

Why do people pay good money to ignore the music and make others peoples night miserable?

I went to that Elbow Gig Fantastic Night, Yet However I can agree, you could tell sometimes that it Reaches the performers in smaller venues, Doesnt harm as much in a big venue, but it still harms your enjoyment.

We arrived late for the Elbow gig (and yes, it was fantastic) due to getting stuck in the traffic so we were right at the back, and people were just carrying on like they were in a pub.

Who pays to go and have a conversation and a pint in a concert hall?

Forum entry from http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/71633-scum-i-encountered-what-otherwise-great-night.html

There really is too many of them.

Tonight I went to watch Coldplay at the Echo arena. Now, this post is not about Coldplay nor about music at all. I had a great night but I had to make sure it was not spoilt by the twats behind me.

Coldplay is a band that has fans that have a bit of class about them. I knew that it wasn't going to be like the Oasis concert at all and thats why I took my mum along. The floor was seated (or basically allocated places) so I knew that it wasn't going to get crowded in.

We were in our seats watching the support acts for about an hour before the main show. Then about 5 minutes to the start I get an elbow in the back of my head and hear 'fuckin el we're quite far back here aren't we' as two lads venture into there seats behind us followed by two slapped up blondes. You know the type I'm on about already. Immediately my thoughts turn from 'this is quote a good crowd I have around me here' to 'what the hell are these doing liking Coldplay?'. My attentions then resumed to the concert.

The first 15 minutes one of them had managed to spill their drink over the young lads leg next to them. By about half an hour in it became apparent that the 2 birds had no interest in the concert and were sat down all the way through. Fair enough I thought.

About halfway through the act the band moved towards the back of the stage to do a couple of songs up in the stand. It was then that these two dickheads started throwing bottles at the crowds and coldplay themselves (but I doubt they were aware). Now, I know they are only plastic bottles, but nobody wants half the drink that all over there clothes. I was actually embarresed for them as everybody around was clearly not impressed and aware of these cunts by now.

The show goes on and 15 minutes later it became apparent that they either already knew or were cut from the same cloth as another few scallies behind them. They then started play fighting (2 big lads) and ended up falling forwards into our row pushing the seats with them. My mum fumes, pokes one of them and complains they've just hurt her arm. No apology, he just points at the young lad next to him.

2 minutes later a few more bottles get launched fowards and then they leave with 20 minutes of the concert remaining.

By then it was difficult to get back into the swing of things and enjoy the concert like I wanted to. I'm going to try my best to erase the memory of those cunts though because their not going to ruin what will stay in my memory for a good while. Whatever your thoughts on Coldplay, I love them

But why did these even come in the first place? Why are there so many of them in our city? Why do they have to spoil it for the majority? Why can't they handle their ale? Why can't we stone them all to death. Seriously, I would have a clear conscience if I could personally stab them all in the throat and get away with it. Rant over. Sorry for boring you, but I just wanted to share.

That's a real shame. Same thing nearly happened to us when we saw the Foos at Wembley in the summer, but the stewards were so on to these 3 lads and they got ejected before the Foos started! Result! Everyone round them was totally cheering when they left!

I don't know what makes people drink so much before going to concerts. To me it's enough of a high to listen to the music and watch the show. Cant imagine being drunk enough not to be able to fully appreciate it.

A Coldplay Moment…

I’m out on the Coldplay Arena Tour right now. It’s fucking amazing and their show every night is incredible.

For now just a quick snap that i took of chris in Liverpool at the weekend… the first time I’ve tried to shoot the paper butterflies so not sure if I’ve got the lighting exactly as I want it but, I might give it another go tonight!

Coming to you right now from the dressing room of glasgow SECC. We played here on Saturday for the 1st night and the crowd was nuts so looking forward to the show later on!

Things continue to go well and Eugene Francis Jnr and the Juniors continue to find love in all corners of the UK.

phill1.jpg

http://peter-hill.livejournal.com/