✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Sep-2008: Globe Theatre, Stockholm - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Oxfam Blog] Strawberry swing.. inside a giant golf ball.

Let me explain that title. I don’t want you to think that the tiredness and cool Scandinavian air has made me start to hallucinate. Coldplay are on stage now, playing ‘Strawberry Swing’, in Globen (The Globe), Stockholm, Sweden, which happens to look like a giant golf ball. See.. I wasn’t making it up.

It’s been a while since I wrote. So let me just say… ‘Wow!’

1426 more Coldplay fans, like you and I, have made Oxfam’s Health and Education For All pledge. That’s just tonight.. and the night is still young! This is the second night in Stockholm’s famous Globe arena (*golf ball). On the first night, Oxfam volunteers helped 905 people make the pledge. That was with only 9 volunteers! Amazing stuff. Incredibly, that gives Oxfam a total of 2401, in two nights in Sweden. 2401 people who care about giving everyone, everywhere, access to good quality health care. To well trained nurses. The chance to go to school and learn, for a more sustainable future. Access to clean water and sanitation. Basic things that people need to survive, to be free from poverty, and to prosper.

I think that’s truly inspiring. Coldplay are out there at the moment, inspiring people with their music (the walls are shaking, it must be ’Politik’). I want to thank them for inviting us to involve their fans in Oxfam’s work around the world.

So.. back to Berlin. I failed to mention that! On Monday, Berlin played host to Coldplay in the brand new O2 World Arena, which overlooks the old Berlin wall. The venue was only 3 concerts old. It was a new place to explore, and felt a bit like a clean airport in comparison to some of the more mature venues we are playing.. (one of our volunteers went to the opening of The Globe in 1989..). Oxfam Deutschland volunteers again did a great job. Catching people sitting down or standing up, waiting for their favourite band, and giving them a chance to take action that night.

After Berlin, we were whisked away to Sweden. Literally whisked away. At first, I stayed up on the bus talking to Steffan, our driver. I then went to take a nap, and intended to wake up when we crossed “the longest bridge in the world”. I then slept through a ferry crossing, that bridge, Denmark and half of Sweden. After the first show was over, the crew took the chance to let off steam half way into this trip around Europe. It was a fun night. It was also a late night. Making a football match between band and crew, at lunch time the following day, a little more difficult for a few tired legs. The score was 11-8. It would be disrespectful to say which way it went..

This venue really is unique. I got vertigo when I went up to the top. It’s been two great shows here. But after this encore, a few hundred more Oxfam actions, and a quick load out from The Globe, we will hit the road again, for Norway.. Oslo awaits.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=58

They (or Chris to be exact) played the opening parts of Amsterdam! Jesus, I think I've died and gone to heaven. That could have been one of the best moments of my life.

Amazing gig, slightly better than yesterday due to already mentioned fact. I'm holding my fingers crossed for an even better - if that is even possible - show in Oslo tomorrow. :)

Source: http://blogg.expressen.se/anders/

Sole and förväntansfullt before Coldplay

GLOBEN. Time for Coldplay day 2, and in that I never upplevkt Coldplay two nights in a row, it should be interesting to see how much they dare and want to change.

They replace the one song. They add an extra encore.

Much more than that usually they do not deviate from the formula.

It is, moreover, smockfullt here. I tried to find parking in a whole half hour, but p-houses are unusually full. Coldplay public has taken the car. Which, in fact, says a lot about the fans when it will follow.

It is a day tomorrow, but do we.

Concert starts

GLOBEN. Christer Sjögren in Tyrol, Di Living in Calcutta and Coldplay in Tyrol - it is now the concert has started. Coldplay launches as yesterday - with “Life in technicolor” and “Violet hill.” Troubled strong singing from the audience already in “Violet hill.” Chris Martin takes on outrot and say, ‘Gokväll, thank you “in English. This start bodes well.

Deja vu in the Globe

GLOBEN. Here, it is mostly the same. Coldplay is on the “Speed of sound” after the “Clock” and “In my place”. The start exactly that yesterday. But I am not complaining. It is just as good. “Speed of sound” sound is even better.

Chris Martin hoping for great tonight

GLOBEN. Coldplaysångaren notes that this is the highest building the band ever played in. Only one thing the tub. Would not surprise me if it is the round as well. Just now he also la tonight’s conditions on the table:

We would like to do an even better concert than yesterday. Men. However. Yesterday was the audience for damned good, so you have a stiff job ahead of you.

I do not think Mr. Martin needs to be worried. Fans are pepper, bitch.

Coldplay fixes steak

GLOBEN. “Fix you” right now. Majestic, maffig - and magnificent.My stops in the song Chris Martin up and burst out:– Coldplay and the quire of Stockholm! It is English for “oj wiggle singing again!”

Synthpop in the arena

coldscenpng.png

GLOBEN. Now is the little fun party in concert again. That is when the band steps out on a mini stage and make new wave of “God put a smile upon your face” and “Talk”, with synthdrums and everything.

“Everybody cool so far?”, Wonder Chris (he is the blurry, next to the other blurry). And he also speaks English: “Everything good?”.

Communication from the Globe to the Metal-Martin

Martin Carlsson was one of the few writers who responded to the sound of Metallica new flat “Death magnetic” in the reviews. One can say that we had a discussion about that, me and Martin. But he had a point or two. The other day, the plate mixkille went out and said that the album was shit (I received e-mails from Martin two seconds later). And now the world press about the sound, including The Guardian.

Why did I write this?

Coldplay have just played “Lost” and “Viva la vida”, and I have been struck by how sick it sounds good tonight.

Extranummer in the Globe

GLOBEN. It is cool when the band runs up on the rear gallery and run an acoustic set. Cool that they dare to run out by the audience.

And house remix of “Viva la vida” which is played when they cut away (in the corridors, at the time) before extranumren is cool, too.

Even extranumren follow in the footsteps yesterday. “Politik” is the first out.

Confetti - Laser 1-0

konf.jpg

GLOBEN. Coldplay has a sick-looking lightshow with laser and stuff with him on this tour.

But in the end, it is still an honest usual old confetti that is the coolest effect, during the magnificent “Lovers in Japan”:

Soon after this song went Eva and Efva home. Maybe they got enough. Maybe they thought that it will be better still.

They (or Chris to be exact) played the opening parts of Amsterdam! Jesus, I think I've died and gone to heaven. That could have been one of the best moments of my life.

Amazing gig, slightly better than yesterday due to already mentioned fact. I'm holding my fingers crossed for an even better - if that is even possible - show in Oslo tomorrow. :)

:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

:dead:

If they are practising Amsterdam, then I'll be very happy.

Let me guess where they might play it, Holland maybe?

They need to stop playing just snippets of stuff!!!! Give us the whole thing!!!!!!

I think he was supposed to play the whole song, but he said something like "you should rehearse before playing in Stockholm," and "we haven't done this in three years" and then continued with the next song as he realized that he couldn't do it properly.

This was before The Hardest Part I might add. I really hope they - or perhaps he - decides to rehearse it a little and play it again soon. :)

If they are practising Amsterdam, then I'll be very happy.

Let me guess where they might play it, Holland maybe?

They need to stop playing just snippets of stuff!!!! Give us the whole thing!!!!!!

:dance: that would be awesome... and so appropriate! I think... I might cry!

edit next snippet... warning sign? they've practiced that....

lit

violet hill

clocks

in my place

speed of sound

cemeteries of london

chinese sleep chant

fix you

strawberry swing

gpsuyf

talk

amsterdam(part)

the hardest part

postcards from far away

viva la vida

lost

the scientist

death will..

politik

lovers in japan

death and all his friends

yellow

Yeah, it was an awesome concert indeed, better than the one three years ago I think. The only thing that bugs me is that he started Amsterdam and sang the first verse, but stopped because they "hadn't played the song in three years" (köpenhamn 2005?). He also stated that "you should rehearse before comming to stockholm". He looked really embarrased actually! =)