✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Sep-2008: O2 Arena, Prague - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, just photoshopped...., I AM trying to come up with some different abbreviations for my new license plate for this car. I can't seem to condense Codplaylover or Coldplayfan into the 7 or 8 letters they'll let you put on a personalized plate. Anyway....back on topic....these freaking pics are the best pro shots of the Vida tour IMHO.

That car looks really great!

And talking about the concert in Prague i could say that it was amazing.I have just sung all the songs that they have played over there.And the best thing was that the day before the concert i have met Guy!I saw him walking on the Karlov bridge,very late in the evening.But i was so shocked that i couldn`t even say any word.That really surprised me.

And the whole concert was really great.They played all songs so so good(except Fix You)but they fixed it too,and that song was really great then,and the strangest thing was that i was crying at that moment when Fix You sounded,because that was such a cute view.And of course Speed Of Sound,Clocks,Violet Hill,Live In Technicolor,Lovers In Japan and the butterflies which were falling on me,and all songs were amazing.

So that is all.I can`t say everything here,what i have seen over there.But i think that you can imagine how pretty it was.Ohh i am so scared that i will never see them performing live again.But however i am really happy now!

Agna...how exciting to see Guy in person in your lovely city! Your right the show is really beautiful and you got to hear one of their most touching songs twice, lucky you!

Actually I am not from Czech Republic,I went there to see Coldplay perfoming live.

I hope so that it was not the last Coldplay concert for me.And thank you! ;}

listingslab's slideshow on Flickr[/url]

Here's that guy's review:

I’d never had “backstage passes” before, so the Coldplay concert was an oddity by that measure: here I was, walking the corridors of superstardom rock’n'roll, where the roadies hung out emailing their friends back wherevertheylive, and stage managers moving through like rhinos on the warpath. And then there was Sarah, so British, so cute, leading us through the tumult and into the catering room, clouded with food mists and a cornucopia of aromas. This was also the first stadium concert I’d attended since the late ’90s, when the Rolling Stones played Wisconsin U (or was that last Chicago concert Page & Plant playing Zeppelin songs? Can’t remember, and sort of glad for that).The Czech crowd was large, young, and anxious. The O2 Arena (named for O2, the Euro telecommunications giant) is BIG, but very modern, and new. Lots of beer/food stalls, plenty of bathrooms, and a nice “press” entrance that Chris & I slipped through once we got our cool stick-on passes. The idea was to have dinner with Sarah, Chris’s girlfriend who works the catering operation for the tour, and then see the show in the stands with all those other people … the non-VIPs.

We had no chance to meet the band before the show, as they get into that band-only mindset before each show. I do hear that the lads are proper English boys, who are terribly polite to all the road crew (”Can I bother you for more orange juice?”, “Is there any tea?”), and make the on-the-road experience as easy as possible for everyone. Case in point: the buses that the road crew travel from city to city (Prague one night; Budapest the next; Vienna on the third) are completely decked out for sleeping, comfort, eating, entertainment, and easy transport. A computer hard-drive has dozens of HD movies available to play on the flat screen TVs; beer, wine and spirits are there for the wanting; munchies galore; music and dancing; strip monopoly and rooftop jacuzzies (okay, these last two are imaginative).

So Sarah collected us outside the press entrance. We went into the bowels of O2 areana, met a bunch of the crew, then went into the dining room. There we had a sheet of the day’s menu from which to choose: steak & roasted potatoes; grilled perch over rocket salad; a vegetarian dish; and something else. There were starters laid out buffet style, and fruit and pastries for dessert. I had the perch.

After we ate, and sat around shooting the breeze before “showtime”, I noticed one of the crew with a t-shirt that said “All access All the Time. Don’t Even Ask.” Now that dude was important. We made our way up to the main floor with our tickets; there was a bit of confusion in the translation between the Czech guard watching the main floor “corral” area and us trying to get close to the stage. Eventually, we figure out what he was trying to say. Here’s a rough translation: “What the fuck you want to stand with all these people for? The ticket’s you got are right next to the stage, you dumb shits.”

Me and Chris went outside, in through the turnstiles, and down to our seats. They were next to the stage on the right side, at the front end. I could have jumped the barrier and stood on stage. Chris and I took seats that weren’t ours, but we had a plan: if anyway came to “claim” the seats, we were going to flash our VIP backstage passes and shove our thumbs at the intruders: “Hit the road, Czesky! We’re with the BAND.” Fortunately, no one tried to kick us out. We were surrounded by gorgeous Czech teenage girls. Let me tell you about Czech girls: this country is filled with Little Miss Universes. Unfortunately, they’re all young enough to be my daughter, but then I’m only window shopping, right? Anyway, as the band … Coldplay … came on stage, the crowd went crazy and the party began.

Funny that I don’t really know any of the songs; I recognize them, but then the voice sort of sounds like a half-dozen other bands. You don’t get that feeling in concert though, when the spectacle, the crowd, the vibes, and the beer are all working together.

The light show centered around these giant balloons that dropped from behind the stage and over the crowd. They revolved as they projected video feeds from the inside — live feeds of the band members playing guitar, jambing the drums, singing — and had colors and other weird, psychedelic images going on as well. Very dramatic and graphic and all that.

So then me and Chris ran out for beers a few times. Two-fifty for a beer at a concert is a steal. So since when has America decided that the concessionaires would set the price for food & liquor at all sporting, concert, and fair events? In Prague, if you charge too much, there will be riots. Now that’s democracy in action, no?

I was “surprised” at how good Coldplay was, actually. I’d given up on rock & roll bands since the mid 1990s when record labels sought bands based on how closely they came to sound like the previously “best-selling” band that, of course, didn’t last, couldn’t write decent lyrics, and only were signed because the boys “fit the suit.”

Coldplay is in fact made up of quality musicians who not only play well together, but LIKE TO ENTERTAIN their audience, give a good show, and leave people with the feeling that what they had just seen was a memory worth holding.

After the show, we hit the tour bus for an apré-concert beer, then jumped in Chris’s VW cruiser van for a harrowing ride back to my Suchdol apartment using his i-Phone GPS guide. At one point we found ourself riding on tram rails up by Hradcany Castle. But all was good. We made it safely into the arms of a Canadian whiskey nightcap.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij1-6LUfwdQ]YouTube - Coldplay in Prague_1[/ame]

http://www.bibliogrind.com/category/the-prague-blog/

So, they had backstage passed but didn't meet the band. Now, that sucks.

Well, he didn't seem to know Coldplay anyway, but at least he liked the show, yay!

It first confused me that his friend's name is Chris, haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Double Fix You?!!!!

Ohh, guys, you really big LUCKY!

x_069bf9d4.jpg

Okean El’zy – Coldly 2007/06/01 Donetsk, Old Stadium

Muse – Starlight 2007/10/13 Kyiv, Sport Palace

Coldplay – The Scientist 2008/09/23 Budapest, Sportarena

--------------------------------------------------------

For a minute there, I lost myself