✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

Japan is an incredible place well worth a visit. I have oads of pictures of geisha and the like, Japanese art installation, temples, loads of stuff. I'll let you know if I ever get around to getting my collection online.

Maybe we can dress you in kimono and convince security you're a prop for LiJ??! :)

(That would be pretty amazing actually, if they had some geisha types, or some sort of Japan-themed lights or effects for that song).

:D

Actually that's probably average for Japan so a perfect size really, you can stand out enough just for being foreign at times! Being six foot two I was somewhat noticeable the first time I saw Coldplay live at a festival in Japan. 30 000-odd Japanese, all calmly and serenely watching the band in the afternoon sunshine, and one tall foreigner in the middle jumping around all over the place like a kid with his first toy. Ah, them were the days!

Ha! I bet more people were gawping you than at the band, then!!:P

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! I bet more people were gawping you than at the band, then!!:P

We were quite far back so there wasn't much to look at really...except me (insert embarrassed blushing smilie here, which I haven't worked out how to do yet!)

The encore later that night for Massive Attack was even better as I'd had plenty of beers by then, and lost what self-consciousness I'd had :p

Japan is an incredible place well worth a visit. I have oads of pictures of geisha and the like, Japanese art installation, temples, loads of stuff. I'll let you know if I ever get around to getting my collection online.

Maybe we can dress you in kimono and convince security you're a prop for LiJ??! :)

(That would be pretty amazing actually, if they had some geisha types, or some sort of Japan-themed lights or effects for that song).

Japanese art installations!?! wowowow

yeah, definitely let me know when you put your collection up online, i'd love to have a gander :D

haha don't give me ideas, i'll be dressing up as a geisha for the coldplay gig :P

maybe it'll get me backstage, if i actually pretend to be a lover from japan that coldplay flew in especially for the gig :D

Japanese art installations!?! wowowow

yeah, definitely let me know when you put your collection up online, i'd love to have a gander :D

haha don't give me ideas, i'll be dressing up as a geisha for the coldplay gig :P

maybe it'll get me backstage, if i actually pretend to be a lover from japan that coldplay flew in especially for the gig :D

Kimono rock, that'd be awesome to dress in it if they were to play LiJ for sure.

Haha, you're giving me ideas now - I have quite a few friends with Osaka sons - I reckon if I fly a few of them in for the gig they'd have to let us all backstage 'but guys I did it for you - you were dreaming of Osaka sons'!! :D

Kimono rock, that'd be awesome to dress in it if they were to play LiJ for sure.

Haha, you're giving me ideas now - I have quite a few friends with Osaka sons - I reckon if I fly a few of them in for the gig they'd have to let us all backstage 'but guys I did it for you - you were dreaming of Osaka sons'!! :D

'Look Chris! we've made your dreams come true!' :lol:

ooh...8 days till Viva La Vida!

I have made an offer to the Osaka municipal government for the infamous 'Tower of the Sun'. If we turn up with this they will have to let us backstage...

tower.jpg

Fingers crossed...let's see what they say! :)

Tickets please!

If anyone is interested in a seat for this date, please let me know. I'm likely to have at least one spare.

I'll want only to recoup what I paid in each case.;)

Touts need not apply.

I'd really like 2 tickets for a present for my husband for our wedding anniversary (16 Dec), if you have any please email me [email protected] Thanks!

I have made an offer to the Osaka municipal government for the infamous 'Tower of the Sun'. If we turn up with this they will have to let us backstage...

tower.jpg

Fingers crossed...let's see what they say! :)

if they say no, we'll make one out of papier mache ;)

and ours WILL BE BETTER!

I flew all the way over from the States to see Keane at the O2 last June. Wish I could do the same for Coldplay this year! It's an awesome venue.

One tip I have--get there early and find a good restaurant to have something to eat. If you're in the right spot, you can hear the soundcheck going on inside the arena itself. That was a real treat.

I flew all the way over from the States to see Keane at the O2 last June. Wish I could do the same for Coldplay this year! It's an awesome venue.

One tip I have--get there early and find a good restaurant to have something to eat. If you're in the right spot, you can hear the soundcheck going on inside the arena itself. That was a real treat.

i intend to loiter about outside and do some coldplay stalking :P

Sorry i know i put this in another thread but just incase i thought i would put it again

Ok i think i can clear this one up:

I live in Greenwich and i decided to go down to the O2 Arena itself to get tickets. Previously my girlfriend was told they would go onsale at 9, i thought wow half an hour before the net but suspicious. We got there at 8:30 and there were a few people there. The security guy said he was told 12pm for sale which really confused me. Both were wrong. There was a cluster of people and O2 did really badly on this part. There were about 9 booths and nobody had a clue which ones would open. They should've put up a sign saying Coldplay tickets 9:30am Booths 7,8,9 etc. 9:30 hits and it's a complete free-for-all. One opened and everyone crammed in then a second and i saw one window flicker went i rushed but didn't open so to the back i went. We were told it was a maximum of 4 tickets, then that we needed photo ID. The communication was really bad. After that we were told no ID for 1-3 tickets then ID for 4 or more.

I am not being classist here, but the wait was horrible. It was basically all chav's. What really wasn't nice was when we were in the bundle and a lot of them started smoking. As a non-smoker it was horrid. Anyway! Most of them were touts, you could tell. My main point is, what happened i feel is that O2 allocated the less desirable seats to the agencies keeping all the best seats for it's own box office. I got 4 tickets at 10:50. I got Block A1 Row H which is the block right infront of the stage, eight rows back. I realise i am extremely lucky. I don't know what the situation is now but the best tickets were actually available from the O2 in-person box-office. Not over the phone becuase the O2 phone line is ticketmaster.

I feel geniunely sorry for those who got worse tickets or those buying off these idiots. You could tell they were angry when the news about photo ID happened. Also when i finally got mine an hour and a half later the ticket lady commented i was the first 'real fan' she'd served saying she could tell they were all touts. If this confirms anything it's in future if you can make your way to the actual box office of the 02.

Coldplayed

Block A1

I just want to back up what this guy just said here. Block A1 tickets went on sale to people who visited the O2... the other areas went on sale to Ticketmaster, SeeTickets, etc. So in future for O2 events it's definately worth getting down there in person on a sale date.

I just want to back up what this guy just said here. Block A1 tickets went on sale to people who visited the O2... the other areas went on sale to Ticketmaster, SeeTickets, etc. So in future for O2 events it's definately worth getting down there in person on a sale date.

Well that's really out-of-order as it just plays into the hands of the touts.:veryangry:

Hey All,

Finally had a question that I thought was signing up for..

If anyones ever been the 02 before and got tickets for the B3 area (I got tickets for, row W) what did you make of the view being on the floor and that?

After Ticketmaster strangely put more tickets on sale yesterday, i can contribute to this thread after obtaining tickets.

I cant wait.

I'm pleased for you, but angry about the sneaky way Ticketmaster went about things so it was just complete chance whether you happened to be online at the time and heard about it or not.

:veryangry:

Hey All,

Finally had a question that I thought was signing up for..

If anyones ever been the 02 before and got tickets for the B3 area (I got tickets for, row W) what did you make of the view being on the floor and that?

I think they should be pretty good. Though they're below the level of the stage (I think) they should be far enough back not to matter, and you will probably be able to take in the screens quite easily as well as the stage. Perhaps someone else knows a lot more though?

I'm pleased for you, but angry about the sneaky way Ticketmaster went about things so it was just complete chance whether you happened to be online at the time and heard about it or not.

:veryangry:

Agreed on all fronts. Ticketmaster suck. But welcome aboard Ron!!

this thread hasn't seen the light of day for a while...

does anyone want to swap tickets with me? haha

urg, i'll be so far back that i won't be able to see or hear anything properly O_O

i guess it's my own fault for not getting in there fast enough

but yeah, is anyone willing to swap? :D

ahh a girl can hope...

urg, i'll be so far back that i won't be able to see or hear anything properly O_O

ahh a girl can hope...

ahh a girl can hope...

ahh a girl can hope...

ahh a girl can hope...

Voodoo I don't believe I caught what you said, could you repeat that please?! :D

(Soz, couldn't resist, I know the forum's been broken again today!)

I might end up having a spare ticket for the 16th, but I won't know for some months probably. If I do someone on here can have it. It's towards the back of the block I think, but certainly better than upper tier or not having a ticket at all. Plus you get the free added bonus of me singing along throughout the gig :wink3:

I've got Block A1, Row A tickets but (and I know this sounds weird) my ex-girlfriend was the one who got me into Coldplay and adores them so much so I've decided to give them to her instead. She'll probably pass out being right up next to Chris! lol :)

Totally gutted that I'm not seeing them myself but hey...