✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

I'll be there with friend, sis and sis's bf, can't wait, already so excited!

I've met a few fans at the last few gigs I've been to, and it's been great to have a drink with really enthusiastic people beforehand, so I'd be up for it again if there's a meet. The Pilot Inn's the nearest pub (outside of the bars in the O2) but is a brisk ten minute walk away. Nice pub though.

We're in block 110 apparently, not bad, not great (we're towards the back) but you can indeed wander down to the aisle nearer the front of your block at the o2 as long as you don't stand right in the middle - stay on the sides and not more than a couple of people together (unfortunately). If you're near the back of the block like we are a good bet is the space behind the last row for a real dance and arms in the air without worrying about the people behind (plus it's right by the bar :))

Coldplayed I was really dismayed to read your story. Those people are the scum of the earth, buying up the best tickets just to see on to people with too much money for silly prices. Hopefully the lack of hardcore, less-moneyed fans at the front this time will make the people who make the ticketing decisions on behalf of the lads think again next time. I'm also reminded of the first Earl's Court show I went to. i had an extra ticket and tried to offer it to people outside to try to get a few quid back, and was nailed by the police. I could have accepted that but just yards away all the gangs of touts were doing the same thing, but in much less of an innocent fashion it goes without saying. The police didn't dare touch them, and the touts were laughing at them for it, it was sickening. So they booked me instead.

Ah well. Viva la vida. And roll on December (and Brixton too hopefully :))

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad we're going to the same concert kimchi baka cause I actually should pay you a drink as far as you helped me with the cardholder title thing and thanks to that, I've got a ticket !

That's incredible news Chris, I'd been wondering if you got tickets! I'm so happy for you and very glad I helped :) Hopefully a few of us will meet up and have a beer together at the show. Where are you sitting?

I'm in the same block as you and on my own ....so maybe I'll come by to say hi.... or to jump around in the aisle at the back...haha! :nice:

Yes do come and say hi - join our ever-growing bunch of jumpers at the back! :)

Great stuff you're not far from us either.

Just a thought but we should be able to get you into a block further down with some of us if we lend you a ticket for a bit ;)

aww yes please! :D

the dizzy heights of block 414 row Q doesn't seem so appealing on my own :(

i could climb my way down to the first tier :lol:

I've been looking for vids of the O2 arena on youtube and I finally found what I wanted to see : during a Keane concert some people from level 1 (so seated people) went down the stairs of their block and jump at the bottom of the stairs.

You can be sure that's where I'll be after 1 song :D

By the way the O2 is quite impressive, that's gonna be bloody great, I'm already excited while it's 6 months away hehe

I'll be sticking to block 110 for the whole gig - got to really as I'm taking my sis and her bf to their first Coldplay gig ever (are they in for a big surprise!) One thing about the O2 is that when I've been there before the best sound was towards the middle to back of the first tier, with the floor sound being just awful, but hopefully they'll get it all perfect this one.

I do wonder about security - they can be quite heavy at the O2, and as it's quite probable that there'll be numerous celebs, and probably some very high profile ones, hogging the seats on the floor (GRRRRR) it might be extra tight. I think the best thing is to assume you'll be sitting where you've got tickets for, then any improvement is a really nice bonus, rather than being disappointed.

crazyduckette, your posts on the other thread have decided things for me - tonight is Parachutes night! :) It really is my joint favourite with A Rush; they do the low-key, subtle stuff just as well as the anthemic. The strength of the melodies, song-writing and lyrics carry through whatever style they choose, but I find there's something extra special when they take the lower-key approach, and I'm actually wondering what Viva would sound like in that style, I think I'd like it more.

I had to laugh as I drove home earlier listening to Fearne Cotton (I think) on Radio 1. She started going on about how she was going to play some vintage Coldplay and about how if you played one of their 'old' albums the tracks were real classics. 'What will she play?' I wondered...surely something from Parachutes. She put on.....Speed of Sound :P

The last time I was at the O2 was for the NME big gig...... and I was front row... so this is going to be a bit of a let down, haha. I wish it would have been the other way around... Coldplay front row... and nme gig in a seat.

A Parachutes night! Why, what a good idea :nice: AROBTTH & Parachutes are it for me. To put it bluntly, only Square One from X&Y comes near to those two albums!

Fearne Cotton is an idiot, and I'm scared the O2 will be full of people like her who think Coldplay started with Speed of Sound :disappointed:

everyone's so close to each other :stunned:

haha i have a plan to get myself further down though

last time i was seated for a gig nobody bothered to check my ticket when i went through the doors to the actual arena, it was checked at the ticket barriers, so i could wander about anywhere i like if the same thing happens again :D

plus i'm small, i can sneak my way down.

Many thanks Jenjie for updating the thread :)

December is so far away, it's just torture...fingers, toes, and all other body parts crossed for Brixton!

Voodoo_geisha how small are you, you sound tiny?! There are at least six of us now heading to 110/111 area, if we all go in together we can probably smuggle you in in the middle of us all.

Btw, do you have a connection with Japan? I've been blown away by LiJ since last night, best thing they've done for years for me. I used to live in Osaka and was thinking of heading back to see my friends there and to catch the August gig, now I HAVE TO!

Many thanks Jenjie for updating the thread :)

December is so far away, it's just torture...fingers, toes, and all other body parts crossed for Brixton!

Voodoo_geisha how small are you, you sound tiny?! There are at least six of us now heading to 110/111 area, if we all go in together we can probably smuggle you in in the middle of us all.

Btw, do you have a connection with Japan? I've been blown away by LiJ since last night, best thing they've done for years for me. I used to live in Osaka and was thinking of heading back to see my friends there and to catch the August gig, now I HAVE TO!

i'm 5 ft 3 :D i'm also quite slim, so i'm really small. most people tower over me :(

yuss smuggle me down! :D security won't notice, they'll just think i'm a child :lol:

nope i haven't got a connection with Japan, i'm just obsessed with the way geishas look at the moment haha. I really want to dress up as one. I blame my artistic tendencies. I tend to want to do strange things, being an art student :D

but i'd really like to go to Japan, it seems like such a wonderful place.

i'm 5 ft 3 :D i'm also quite slim, so i'm really small. most people tower over me :(

yuss smuggle me down! :D security won't notice, they'll just think i'm a child :lol:

nope i haven't got a connection with Japan, i'm just obsessed with the way geishas look at the moment haha. I really want to dress up as one. I blame my artistic tendencies. I tend to want to do strange things, being an art student :D

Yes, well there you'd be considered a giant!!:P

Japan is an incredible place well worth a visit. I have oads of pictures of geisha and the like, Japanese art installation, temples, loads of stuff. I'll let you know if I ever get around to getting my collection online.

Maybe we can dress you in kimono and convince security you're a prop for LiJ??! :)

(That would be pretty amazing actually, if they had some geisha types, or some sort of Japan-themed lights or effects for that song).

Yes, well there you'd be considered a giant!!:P

:D

Actually that's probably average for Japan so a perfect size really, you can stand out enough just for being foreign at times! Being six foot two I was somewhat noticeable the first time I saw Coldplay live at a festival in Japan. 30 000-odd Japanese, all calmly and serenely watching the band in the afternoon sunshine, and one tall foreigner in the middle jumping around all over the place like a kid with his first toy. Ah, them were the days!