✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Venti] 15-Jul-08: Forum, Inglewood, CA - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

I paid close to $100 for my "nosebleed" seat, and that's including fees and what not, not to mention $20 for parking, bought 2 shirts, and drove from close to 25-30 miles out (where I live from the venue)..... I got my money's worth :cool:

TallGuyCM - you are sounding like the idiot next to me griping about what the title was to a song (when in fact Coldplay were playing "The Scientist"), and thus confirming the said title of the song with his friends loudly so everyone could hear his stupidity.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually didn't talk the entire time, and because I was with my lil bro and Coldplay's his favorite band, I didn't say anything negative about the show upon leaving. Saving my venting for now :D

So Daniel - talk to me when you've paid good money to see a band like Pearl Jam give you a 2 and a half hour set. THAT'S getting your money's worth. And for half the price. I'm sure you're too young to appreciate a band that old, but still.

here's the 1st, the backside of Leo and his chick:

[what the hell was he doing sporting a "Boston" hat in Los Angeles, especially where the Lakers used to play?] (j/k)

d0801e5082.jpg

so Leo took up a seat a real fan could've had on the floor...look how excited he is with his arms crossed:dozey: BOO!

what are you mad about really? the price did not equal the sum of your happiness?

I've seen Pearl Jam numerous times, saw them at Forum July 13, 1998 (right after I turned 17 - to give you an idea of how old I am) and loved them since (although I have like them since "Vs" came out.

I have paid regular ticket prices for U2 (for 2 out of 3 shows they did in 2001 at the Pond in Anaheim) well worth it. I went to a ticket broker, even, for the 1st night of the LA vertigo show on April 5, 2005 and paid close to $200 for a floor seat, WORTH IT. The only time I can recall that I didn't get my money's worth is when I saw Morrissey at The Greek Theatre in 1997 (October 12, 1997 to be exact) the idiots that invaded the stage during the 1st encore song, stopped the show, because the setlist had Morrissey and his band playing a few more songs after that, but said idiots ruined it.

I love Coldplay. They honestly gave a great show and played more songs than I thought they would play. I think they stopped less than last time I saw them on Twisted Logic.

I have no real passion for another band to pay 100 something on a ticket, plus parking and a (real) t-shirt that I bought. Coldplay is it for me.

I also appreciate the fact that they has a free concert at MSG! And a handful more! Not just some dinky little place, but at an arena.

That place is huge. I saw an Elton John concert there (it was for my mom, and he's cool and all, but at the time I was 14, so didn't care as much as I do now), and that man put on a show, for sitting most of the time.

Oh, and sorry again for the wrong set list. I'm a bit tired. I waited for people to leave the parking lot, but it still took a few minutes. And I don't like driving through Inglewood. Or Los Angeles for that matter.

what are you mad about really? the price did not equal the sum of your happiness?

No. The price did not equal the sum of the band's output is more like it. Tonight's show was a $40, maybe $50 show. Not an $85 show.

If I pay $20 for a show and they play for an hour, great! I got what I paid for. But $85, and especially those that paid outrageous amounts for good floor seats, deserves a longer show than 90 minutes.

No. The price did not equal the sum of the band's output is more like it. Tonight's show was a $40, maybe $50 show. Not an $85 show.

If I pay $20 for a show and they play for an hour, great! I got what I paid for. But $85, and especially those that paid outrageous amounts for good floor seats, deserves a longer show than 90 minutes.

That doesn't really answer the question:

what are you mad about really?

1. You're "mad" they didn't play more from the 1st album

2. You're "mad" because they played most of the new album, (hmm..... new album coincides with a new tour.......plot thickens!)

3. You're "mad" because you thought your ticket price was not worth the time, even though you didn't consider the fact of all the production costs that went into this night's show, security,etc...

a. you say Coldplay's not exactly your #1 band *they're not mine either*

b. one of your posts gives the impression that you were basically there to go with your sibling

-- if you did see reviews from last night, you would have gotten the idea (more or less) of how the show was going to go. yet being a "casual fan" rather than a "cliche" fan [let's not forget your night would have been all the better if they had played "Trouble"] you decided to go. --

[you get what you paid for, well, that's to say for the rest of us] :cool:

I just got back from the concert and it was soo much fun! I was pretty far back in Col 23 row 16, but I was just glad to be there at all. This was my very first Coldplay concert & I was really impressed. I loved the part where Chris got all excited that we finished the lyric to Lost for him! He's so cute like that. After a few songs I realized though, that I have always thought of them as this big stadium band that needs that type of huge space for their music to feel right in. (if that makes sense) But I realized that they're really not like that at all. When you see them perform, they're just this little band in the middle of a huge stage playing really beautiful music. In fact I think they'd be so much stronger in a much smaller venue, like the Wiltern or something, where their music could really fill the venue to the brim. Having said that, I still loved it & that was only a fleeting thought I had for a minute during the beginning of the show.

But anyway... Chris sounded great tonight. I was proud of him! haha My only complaint is that I wish they would have played fewer singles. It was kinda like Coldplay's Greatest Hits concert. I really wanted to hear Swallowed in the Sea or Green Eyes or anything a bit lesser known. It's cool though...it was my first Coldplay concert so it was new to me to hear those all live for the first time.

Coldplay was soooooooooooooooooo awesome last night!! :D This was my 2nd Coldplay concert and I had such a great time! (I had better seats this time too) :D I've finally calmed down a bit, er sort of! :laugh3: It was a great show! :D I loved the magic balls! :P Coldplay is already awesome but the magic balls just made it magical! :laugh3: Seriously they were cool! :D My favorite part though was Lovers in Japan with all the butterfly confetti floating in the air! It looked so beautiful and I actually got one of the butterflies and brought it home with me as a souvenir since it fell on me. :P Chris was a goofball as usual! :laugh3: He was jumping around and at one point he actually kind of slid down on his back on one of the side ramps of the stage while he was singing and he didn't miss a beat! :laugh3: I loved that!! :D I loved how he referred to our audience as a 'Venti' in Starbuck terms! lol! Oh just good times all around!! Well I'm still kind of hyper so I'll leave the rambling here!!! :P

I wasn't able to take my camera but my brother did, so I'll share some of the pics he took with you guys! :D He was seated at the left side of the stage, in Colonnade. I was directly across from them, front view and he should have given me the camera but I forget to tell him too! :cry: Cause if I had it I would have taken loads of pics and video. :P Anyway pics:

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

Chris and Jonny moment! ;)

DSC01027.jpg

The magic balls! :D

DSC01043.jpg

Lovers In Japan butterflies! Pretty! :D

DSC01026.jpg

concertloot.jpg

My concert loot! :D You can see my little butterfly! :laugh3: Oh and I love the program, it has the Viva lyrics! :D

Oh by the way I loved the technolized God Put A Smile! It was awesome! I hope someone got audio of that! :D Okay I'm done! :D Sorry for the massive pictures!

Okay here goes *takes deeep breath!* :D:D

For tonight's concert, I was selected to volunteer w/ Oxfam and so I arrived at the venue around 4:40PM-ish (LoL too excited and it was better safe than sorry...LA traffic is downright ugly everyday). So while waiting for the volunteer-call-time @ 5:30, my friends and I took a lovely stroll around the building to kill some time and....well see what else was around. :wink3: Walking around the venue we caught a glimpse of the tour's parking area, and heard Shearwater doing soundchecks/warmups as we were going around the back end of the venue. *sigh* Nothing too crazy happened (although I could've sworn I saw Phil :shocked2:, but then I figured that he had to be inside the venue already with the guys....so it might've been someone else? :\). Then right around the other side was the KROQ booth with the couch and KROQ-ed out Escalades. Hahahh I should've just gone up to them and say 'hi,' but my friends and I chickened out and so the guys there were probably thinking we were weird since we kept passing by them and stare at the area ((and on a side-note, I'm still partly bitter about the horrible ordeal + aftermath with the KROQ-Coldplay contests!)). :dozey:

Soooo....then 5:30PM was only a few minutes away and I pretty much headed off to the meeting area for Oxfam volunteers. It was great meeting everyone, by the way (I know Freddie lurks around here somewhere....LoL HI again! :)), and after an hour of orientation we headed off into the venue. For the rest of the work time, my experience has been wonderful! LA folks tend to be 'jaded' in ways, but what surprised me the most was how many people showed or developed an interest in this organization, regardless. For those of you who took some time to listen and allow yourselves to know about Oxfam, THANK YOU! <3

Well right around 9:20-ish, the crowd goes off and after getting my ticket from Pete, I was thinking "OMG IT'S STARTING!!!" :o so I placed (....or tossed, LoL) the signups/pins/stickets/postcards down on the table and made a run for it into the concert! Linh (another Oxfam volunteer) and I had a hard time finding our seats, at CONNOLADE 7, ROW 21!! :( Sorry, I know I shouldn't be in a position to complain at all, but that a downgrade from my original seat @ Loge 8 (I ended up giving that to Stephanie, aka StephBerryman. BTW Steph: sorry we couldn't meet up in time, but I hope you had fun at the concert. And thank you again! :)). Anyway, that was just two seconds of regret, but the concert was well underway, at the time going into "Violet Hill", so my negativities were immediately pushed to the side.

(to be continued...LoL just a minute, please :D)

That doesn't really answer the question:

what are you mad about really?

1. You're "mad" they didn't play more from the 1st album

2. You're "mad" because they played most of the new album, (hmm..... new album coincides with a new tour.......plot thickens!)

3. You're "mad" because you thought your ticket price was not worth the time, even though you didn't consider the fact of all the production costs that went into this night's show, security,etc...

a. you say Coldplay's not exactly your #1 band *they're not mine either*

b. one of your posts gives the impression that you were basically there to go with your sibling

-- if you did see reviews from last night, you would have gotten the idea (more or less) of how the show was going to go. yet being a "casual fan" rather than a "cliche" fan [let's not forget your night would have been all the better if they had played "Trouble"] you decided to go. --

Part of what I meant by the band's output also relates to the number of "piped-in" tracks and instruments included in the songs that band members weren't actually playing. That's what was so great about Coldplay's 1st two albums, they were so natural and musically simple. Now, you've got a violin track that starts of Viva, Chris didn't even play the organ in Lost, and during Lovers in Japan he played the intro and fully got up and danced around with the piano still somehow playing!

I purposely didn't read anything about last night or the NYC show, because I wanted tonight to be a total surprise from start to finish. And, I'd heard Coldplay is really shitty when it comes to mixing up their setlists, so I for sure didn't want to spoil anything.

But yeah, Daniel, you got me on most of those points. I always say that it's best to go to a concert and just enjoy it, take it in for what it is. If you have 2-3 songs that you HAVE to hear in order for it to be a good show, you'll often be let down. I was definitely a hypocrite in that respect regarding tonight's show!

NOW the juicy stuff (sorry for blabbing so far! :embarassed: but i'll make this short since i have to go to bed, right now!):

~Right from the beginning the boys sounded SO GOOD! Chris was just full of energy, along with Johnny, Will, and Guy (though Guy's a bit more subdued, I assume...).

~"Clocks" came on and *squeee* LASERS!! LoL my first time seeing lasers done for "Clocks" live too!

~"Viva La Vida" was so exciting, to hear EVERYONE sing along!!!

~when Chris spent a minute to say "HI" to everyone, he went on something like this: "Hello. We're the older members of the Jonas Brothers. We are no way involved with Miley Cyrus..." :stunned::laugh3::laugh3: ROFL <3

~42 was AMAZING! LOL and Chris made us sing the last two lines again, cause it actually sounded so good with most of us singing along in-tune. :D

~Yes! was played, all to my heart's desire :wink3: ((too bad the people around me were sitting down :angry::angry:))

~Chinese Sleep Chant was....errmm...quite interesting. Hahah I definitely saw the blank faces of people around, watching. :laugh3:

~the techno-ed version of "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face." IT SOUNDED SO GOOD, to my surprise! the reworking of that song was done just right! <3

~Johnny was just nailing all of the great guitar-ing at the concert! GO JOHNNY! :cool:

~it seemed like i was the only one around my area, throughout the second half of the concert, was rilling up everyone to excitement! LoL i was consistently the first one to recognize the next song (just by hearing the first 2 or 3 notes :smug:) and was cheering out and stuff. :embarassed: :D

~CHRIS F*CKED UP DURING "THE SCIENTIST" (my absolute-favorite song!!) :stunned::angry::P

~BEST PART OF MY NIGHT: so my seat turned out to be 'worse' than the one i had originally bought. :( BUUUUT....when the boys ran up to play in the crowd, THEY WERE ACTUALLY A SECTION AWAY FROM ME! I had snuck in my really-good camera too, so the pics and footage turned out nicely! ((semi-perv moment: GOD those guys look amazing in-person...Chris, Guy, and Will at one point turned around towards the general direction of where I was and....*SQUEEE!!!*:wacky:)). So I guess in the end, the seats worked out JUST fine! I can't believe I got to be that close to them after all!! :)

~The footage w/ that old senile geezer commenting on how Coldplay steals other people's music. *Cue the collective 'booos and hisses' from the audience!* :smug:

~Fix You was beautiful!

~"Lovers in Japan" = confetti galore!! *squeeeee* And HAHAHAH we actually got to see clearly the stage personnel on top dumping the boxes of confetti down on the audience.

~Death and All His Friends....LOOOVED it when the music kicks in and the VIVA background drops down! <3

*SIGH!* I can't believe it was over after that! I would LOVE for it to keep going, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. :( Nonetheless, GREAT JOB COLDPLAY! You guys are proving well to be stepping it up after all!

Soooo then, to quickly sum it up on my part, I stayed back with the Oxfam volunteers and did a bit more scouting/recruiting on signups, had a group picture, and finally left the venue to go eat at In-N-Out with my friends that i completely missed seeing throughout the concert (between the four of us, i ended up getting separate seats, so they weren't together with each other as well). We've compared stories and concert footages as well. One of my friends ended up with the BEST seat (Loge 10, Row E) and seriously had the time of her life cause it was her first Coldplay concert ever! The other two were nearest the stage, but seated higher, yet managed to....*ahem* seat-hop throughout the show. :dozey:

Didn't get any concert goodies, other than Oxfam buttons/stickers, and the butterfly confetti on the floor from "Lovers in Japan." I'll be over @ the San Jose gig this Friday, so the party doesn't exactly stop yet! :D

(((LoL PHEW! Sorry once again...i know my recollections are very jumbled. TOO much happened for my sweet little self to contain all of it controllably!)))

NOW the juicy stuff (sorry for blabbing so far! :embarassed: but i'll make this short since i have to go to bed, right now!):

~Right from the beginning the boys sounded SO GOOD! Chris was just full of energy, along with Johnny, Will, and Guy (though Guy's a bit more subdued, I assume...).

~"Clocks" came on and *squeee* LASERS!! LoL my first time seeing lasers done for "Clocks" live too!

~"Viva La Vida" was so exciting, to hear EVERYONE sing along!!!

~when Chris spent a minute to say "HI" to everyone, he went on something like this: "Hello. We're the older members of the Jonas Brothers. We are no way involved with Miley Cyrus..." :stunned::laugh3::laugh3: ROFL <3

~42 was AMAZING! LOL and Chris made us sing the last two lines again, cause it actually sounded so good with most of us singing along in-tune. :D

~Yes! was played, all to my heart's desire :wink3: ((too bad the people around me were sitting down :angry::angry:))

~Chinese Sleep Chant was....errmm...quite interesting. Hahah I definitely saw the blank faces of people around, watching. :laugh3:

~the techno-ed version of "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face." IT SOUNDED SO GOOD, to my surprise! the reworking of that song was done just right! <3

~Johnny was just nailing all of the great guitar-ing at the concert! GO JOHNNY! :cool:

~it seemed like i was the only one around my area, throughout the second half of the concert, was rilling up everyone to excitement! LoL i was consistently the first one to recognize the next song (just by hearing the first 2 or 3 notes :smug:) and was cheering out and stuff. :embarassed: :D

~CHRIS F*CKED UP DURING "THE SCIENTIST" (my absolute-favorite song!!) :stunned::angry::P

~BEST PART OF MY NIGHT: so my seat turned out to be 'worse' than the one i had originally bought. :( BUUUUT....when the boys ran up to play in the crowd, THEY WERE ACTUALLY A SECTION AWAY FROM ME! I had snuck in my really-good camera too, so the pics and footage turned out nicely! ((semi-perv moment: GOD those guys look amazing in-person...Chris, Guy, and Will at one point turned around towards the general direction of where I was and....*SQUEEE!!!*:wacky:)). So I guess in the end, the seats worked out JUST fine! I can't believe I got to be that close to them after all!! :)

~The footage w/ that old senile geezer commenting on how Coldplay steals other people's music. *Cue the collective 'booos and hisses' from the audience!* :smug:

~Fix You was beautiful!

~"Lovers in Japan" = confetti galore!! *squeeeee* And HAHAHAH we actually got to see clearly the stage personnel on top dumping the boxes of confetti down on the audience.

~Death and All His Friends....LOOOVED it when the music kicks in and the VIVA background drops down! <3

*SIGH!* I can't believe it was over after that! I would LOVE for it to keep going, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. :( Nonetheless, GREAT JOB COLDPLAY! You guys are proving well to be stepping it up after all!

Soooo then, to quickly sum it up on my part, I stayed back with the Oxfam volunteers and did a bit more scouting/recruiting on signups, had a group picture, and finally left the venue to go eat at In-N-Out with my friends that i completely missed seeing throughout the concert (between the four of us, i ended up getting separate seats, so they weren't together with each other as well). We've compared stories and concert footages as well. One of my friends ended up with the BEST seat (Loge 10, Row E) and seriously had the time of her life cause it was her first Coldplay concert ever! The other two were nearest the stage, but seated higher, yet managed to....*ahem* seat-hop throughout the show. :dozey:

Didn't get any concert goodies, other than Oxfam buttons/stickers, and the butterfly confetti on the floor from "Lovers in Japan." I'll be over @ the San Jose gig this Friday, so the party doesn't exactly stop yet! :D

(((LoL PHEW! Sorry once again...i know my recollections are very jumbled. TOO much happened for my sweet little self to contain all of it controllably!)))

great tidbits! finally someone gives some little details! how was the oxfam experience? would you recommend it to others??

great tidbits! finally someone gives some little details! how was the oxfam experience? would you recommend it to others??

I loved it! As the concert-goers came into the venue, many folks were willing to give Oxfam some attention, and MUCH to my surprise, given that this was L.A. (people here are just so.....*groans* most of the time :angry: :rolleyes:), some of the people I had a chance to speak/talk with soon became really interested in what the organization had to do, and were willing to join the cause and take action! Overall, it was fun to meet new people and help spread the word. This only made my concert-going much more exciting! :nice:

So yeah, definitely try it out! The other volunteers, I noticed, had an awesome time as well. Really, it's a great way to go meet and mingle with various people at a concert, and it's something for anyone to take action into promoting a great cause.

I loved it! As the concert-goers came into the venue, many folks were willing to give Oxfam some attention, and MUCH to my surprise, given that this was L.A. (people here are just so.....*groans* most of the time :angry: :rolleyes:), some of the people I had a chance to speak/talk with soon became really interested in what the organization had to do, and were willing to join the cause and take action! Overall, it was fun to meet new people and help spread the word. This only made my concert-going much more exciting! :nice:

So yeah, definitely try it out! The other volunteers, I noticed, had an awesome time as well. Really, it's a great way to go meet and mingle with various people at a concert, and it's something for anyone to take action into promoting a great cause.

I already sent in my app. for the Orlando show but wanted to hear first hand from someone who did it. I think it sounds like fun and its a great organization to support. Hope I get picked!:)