✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Venti] 15-Jul-08: Forum, Inglewood, CA - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys see a young guy in a Mars Volta shirt with another guy in a blue Pitzer shirt, feel free to say hello. The name is Justin. :) We may or may not be walking around smoking, haven't decided if we should get there soon or wait until right before the doors open since it's assigned seating anyways.

I'm so exicited for the Coldplay Concert tonight!!!! So excited I have chillis lol :P

Well I'll be leaving my house in an hour to head to the Coldplay concert!! :)

I'll bring video's and pics..lol can't wait!!! 4 hours and 20 mins left :D

I was in Citibank today and there was a girl at the teller counter who had on a Coldplay T-shirt from last night.

She said the concert was awesome. And that she got here t-shirt at the end of the show for 10 bucks. Bootleg of course.

I'll probably get to the Forum by 5:30 and just wait. I remember the parkining lot that was a 10 minute walk. I am not doing that.

It was an awesome concert. It was the exact same play list as the night before

1. Life In Technicolor

2. Violet Hill

3. Clocks

4. In My Place

5. Viva La Vida

6. 42

7. Yes

8. The Scientist

9. Chinese Sleep Chant [sidestage]

10. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face [sidestage - new version]

11. Square One

12. Speed Of Sound

13. Trouble

14. Lost!

15. Strawberry Swing

16. Yellow [Acoustic]

17. Death Will Never Conquer [Acoustic, Will on vocals]

18. Fix You

19. Lovers In Japan

Encore

20. Death And All Of His Friends

Some highlights:

-Chris was a BALL OF ENERGY during "Square One". He did a backward somersault. He tumbled around the side stage. He was nuts.

-I call them "The Orbs", the big balls that were circular versions of a big screen, were AWESOME. There were six altogether. One towards the center. Two on the side of the stage and three behind the band. Sometimes they showed color. Sometimes images. Sometimes images of the band playing.

In the beginning of The Scientist, Chris' piano was only playing. I think Johnny's guitar wasn't plugged in. Something happened. It was funny.

In the beginning verse of Speed of Sound, Chris forgot some lyrics and stopped the song.

My absolute favorite highlight: At the end of "Lost!", Chris was playing his piano, he sang "just because I'm losing", and I think he was pausing and was going to say the next part, but the audience finished it for him: "Doesn't mean I'm lost". Chris said, "Let's do that again because it was really fulfilling"....so we all did it again. And, like the last time I remember on the Twisted Logic Tour, he loves how were "all in tune".

-Chris mentioned that they were the older brothers of the Jonas Brothers, and they didn't have as good a relationship as Miley Cyrus.

-Chris wanted to tell us in "starbucks terms" that the first night was "grande" and that the second night was "Venti"

-When Chris was up in the Colonnade, he said "So this is what it's like?"

I know I'm missing more. I'm bad at reviews.

It was an awesome show!

I tried reporting live before the show, but kept on getting booted from the site on my iPhone :cry:. I was on the floor this time, in the last row, aisle seat. Far cry from last night's colonnade 26! The show was just as awesome as last night. The only difference in the setlist (I think) was that they swapped Spiderwebs for What If. I would've preferred to hear SpiderWebs again. Tonight, the show started at 9:15, twenty minutes earlier than last night. It seemed like they let out more confetti butterflies tonight too, but that observation may've just been due to my closer proximity to them. I hear that Chris Martin will be on Ryan Seacrest tomorrow morning, is that true?

It was an awesome concert. It was the exact same play list as the night before

1. Life In Technicolor

2. Violet Hill

3. Clocks

4. In My Place

5. Viva La Vida

6. 42

7. Yes

8. The Scientist

11. Square One

12. Speed Of Sound

13. Trouble

14. Lost!

15. Strawberry Swing

16. Yellow [Acoustic]

18. Fix You

19. Lovers In Japan

Encore

Some highlights:

-Chris was a BALL OF ENERGY during "Square One". He did a backward somersault. He tumbled around the side stage. He was nuts.

-I call them "The Orbs", the big balls that were circular versions of a big screen, were AWESOME. There were six altogether. One towards the center. Two on the side of the stage and three behind the band. Sometimes they showed color. Sometimes images. Sometimes images of the band playing.

In the beginning of The Scientist, Chris' piano was only playing. I think Johnny's guitar wasn't plugged in. Something happened. It was funny.

In the beginning verse of Speed of Sound, Chris forgot some lyrics and stopped the song.

My absolute favorite highlight: At the end of "Lost!", Chris was playing his piano, he sang "just because I'm losing", and I think he was pausing and was going to say the next part, but the audience finished it for him: "Doesn't mean I'm lost". Chris said, "Let's do that again because it was really fulfilling"....so we all did it again. And, like the last time I remember on the Twisted Logic Tour, he loves how were "all in tune".

-Chris mentioned that they were the older brothers of the Jonas Brothers, and they didn't have as good a relationship as Miley Cyrus.

-Chris wanted to tell us in "starbucks terms" that the first night was "grande" and that the second night was "Venti"

-When Chris was up in the Colonnade, he said "So this is what it's like?"

I know I'm missing more. I'm bad at reviews.

It was an awesome show!

Woo hoo -- this is an excellent review. Thanks for posting!!!

I tried reporting live before the show, but kept on getting booted from the site on my iPhone :cry:. I was on the floor this time, in the last row, aisle seat. Far cry from last night's colonnade 26! The show was just as awesome as last night. The only difference in the setlist (I think) was that they swapped Spiderwebs for What If. I would've preferred to hear SpiderWebs again. Tonight, the show started at 9:15, twenty minutes earlier than last night. It seemed like they let out more confetti butterflies tonight too, but that observation may've just been due to my closer proximity to them. I hear that Chris Martin will be on Ryan Seacrest tomorrow morning, is that true?

They played "What If"? OMG that's great, I love this song!

Just got back.

Insanely beautiful show. My first Codlplay gig, and so happy I was able to go. Got a seat in Section 11, seat 11 (next to section 12) and I couldn't have asked for a better seat. Unbelievably close to the stage at the comfort of my own seat.

As to the show, my only real gripe is they opted for a techno-ish pre-recorded version of Talk as opposed to the real thing. But aside from that, it was aces across the board.

Viva La Vida, In My Place, Lovers in Japan, Strawberry Swing and a ton more...and closing with Death and All His Friends was just heavenly.

Chris screwed up a couple of times (Speed of Sound, and The Scientist, I'm pretty sure) but he's so damn charismatic all you do is laugh along with him. The happy foursome awesomely ran up to the nosebleeds mid-show to play Yellow and Death Will Never Conquer, which I can only imagine was crazy cool for those people up there.

Also, he compared our crowd with Monday's in Starbucks-speak. He said we were a Venti, while Monday's crowd was a Grande.

The best compliment....Cracked me up! :D

Awesome show all around!

Just got back.

Insanely beautiful show. My first Codlplay gig, and so happy I was able to go. Got a seat in Section 11, seat 11 (next to section 12) and I couldn't have asked for a better seat. Unbelievably close to the stage at the comfort of my own seat.

As to the show, my only real gripe is they opted for a techno-ish pre-recorded version of Talk as opposed to the real thing. But aside from that, it was aces across the board.

Viva La Vida, In My Place, Lovers in Japan, Strawberry Swing and a ton more...and closing with Death and All His Friends was just heavenly.

Chris screwed up a couple of times (Speed of Sound, and The Scientist, I'm pretty sure) but he's so damn charismatic all you do is laugh along with him. The happy foursome awesomely ran up to the nosebleeds mid-show to play Yellow and Death Will Never Conquer, which I can only imagine was crazy cool for those people up there.

Also, he compared our crowd with Monday's in Starbucks-speak. He said we were a Venti, while Monday's crowd was a Grande.

The best compliment....Cracked me up! :D

Awesome show all around!

Excellent! Thanks for the review. Can't wait to see them!

Ah! Yes. "What If" was played instead. My bad. Happens when you're on a concert high.

I was in Loge 27, Row V, Seat 10. Pretty good seat. Was able to see everything. Chris and the gang though were really small when they were in Colonnade 4/5. Smaller than the stage.

1. Life In Technicolor

2. Violet Hill

3. Clocks

4. In My Place

5. Viva La Vida

6. 42

7. Yes

8. The Scientist

11. Square One

12. Speed Of Sound

13. What If (not Trouble)

14. Lost!

15. Strawberry Swing

16. Yellow [Acoustic]

18. Fix You

19. Lovers In Japan

Encore

01. Life In Techicolor

02. Violet Hill

03. Clocks

04. In My Place

05. Viva La Vida

06. 42

07. Yes

08. The Scientist

SIDESTAGE

09. Chines Sleep Chant

10. God Put A Smile Upon My Face (new version)

(....)

11. Square One

12. Speed Of Sound

13. What If (instead of 1st night's "Trouble")

14. Lost

15. Strawberry Swing

ACOUSTIC IN CROWD

16. Yellow

17. Death Will Never Conquer (Will)

(....)

18. Fix You

19. Lovers In Japan

ENCORE

* Ryan Seacrest, Toby Maguire (and wife/gf), Leonardo Decaprio (and his Israeli gf - Bar ?) - as I was told by my cousin and her friend (they sat in Floor Section A Row 19) [so Toby Maguire (and wife/gf), Leonardo Decaprio (and his Israeli gf - Bar ? were all sitting in Floor Section A Row 18)

I sat in Col. 7 Row 6 Seat 6 (and the band did their crowd part {were they sing Yellow and Will sings "Death Will Never Conquer"} somewhere near me in [what I believe was Col. 4,5,or 6 - dont know, but it was close] )

I believe that genuinely the band was very pumped when they were testing the crowd for the lyrics to Lost (the studio version) and we did not mess up and it really got them going for more. FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

{I WILL UPDATE THIS POST with pics from my cell phone that my cousin held up from the floor}

here's the 1st, the backside of Leo and his chick:

[what the hell was he doing sporting a "Boston" hat in Los Angeles, especially where the Lakers used to play?] (j/k)

d0801e5082.jpg

Setlist correction

Looks like the set was almost the same as last night. Almost. With one BIG exception...they did NOT play Trouble! Unless I was just terribly distracted, they didn't play it. So that makes, uh, ONE song from Parachutes. Count 'em. ONE.

I mean, yeah, Parachutes came out almost a decade ago, and I don't expect them to play the entire album. But Trouble was the song that propelled them to being the "biggest band in the world" as Chris commented they were tonight.

And 9/10 of the songs from Viva La Vida is a bit many for my taste. I hate people who gripe like this, I really do. But they couldn't have played Sparks, Spies, or Don't Panic? Just one of them? To give Parachutes some love?

And secondly...they played for an hour and a half. I paid $85 face value to sit 5 rows from the back of the entire fucking arena for an hour and a half? Are you kidding me?

I will never pay that much to see Coldplay again. If you want lifelong fans, give them their money's worth.