• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Sick match. I'm italian but I love the Spurs.

We didn't deserve that result, the draw is the right way.

Kyle Walker had a great opportunity to score at the end of the second half but he has failed resoundingly.

Really? I thought Arsenal were worthy of the three points myself. Arsenal by far created the better openings and for all Spurs big money acquisitions they looked slow and poor relative to what was hyped about them. Granted it will take time for them to gel and then we should see how good Spurs really are. A lot of pressure on AVB and Daniel Levy this season as a result of their summer transfer dealings.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I am hearing United are hijacking the Ozil transfeer for once this is something I want them to win.

I want to see Arsenal being uncussesful in everything they do !

Wait, you want your fiercest rivals to snap up one of the best players in Europe? That's a new one!

Wait, you want your fiercest rivals to snap up one of the best players in Europe? That's a new one!

he is OK but not worth 50 million euros

I dislike Arsenal more than my fiercest rivals these days...

I guess I been listening to mike Durham, and Darren Gough too much in the afternoons

Marouane Fellaini joins Manchester United for £27.5m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23938801

Everton: Romelu Lukaku, James McCarthy and Gareth Barry sign

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23939349

West Brom sign Stephane Sessegnon and Victor Anichebe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23935605

Transfer deadline day: Borini & Dossena join Sunderland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23922927

Premier League clubs spend record £630m

_69613802_69612171.jpg

Arsenal smashed their spending record to buy Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid

Premier League clubs spend record £630m

Premier League clubs spent a record £630m in the summer transfer window, according to Deloitte's Sports Business Group.

The previous record of £500m was set in 2008. The transfer window closed at 23:00 BST on Monday. Among the big signings on Monday was Mesut Ozil who is going from Real Madrid to Arsenal for £42.4m. Manchester United left it late in the day to sign Marouane Fellaini for £27.5m from Everton.

"The story of this summer transfer window is of new records: a new record for Premier League spending as well as a new world transfer record fee," said Dan Jones at Deloitte.

The record transfer fee was for Gareth Bale, who was sold to Real Madrid by Tottenham Hotspur for £85m.

Premier League clubs are flush with cash from their latest domestic three-year TV deal. BT has spent £738m over three years for the rights to 38 live matches a season, while Sky paid £2.3bn for 116 matches a season.

"Testament to the impact this is having is in the scale of Premier League gross spending, as well as the gulf in net spending between the Premier League and other European leagues," said Alex Thorpe at Deloitte. "Whereas many clubs around Europe have been reliant on selling players in order to spend, the financial advantages Premier League clubs enjoy has enabled net spending of £400m across the league."

Although they have not matched the Premier League, spending in other major European leagues has also been up. La Liga and Serie A each had gross spending of £335m, followed by Ligue 1 in France with £315m and Germany's Bundesliga with £230m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23928752

I am hearing United are hijacking the Ozil transfeer for once this is something I want them to win.

I want to see Arsenal being uncussesful in everything they do !

he is OK but not worth 50 million euros

I dislike Arsenal more than my fiercest rivals these days...

I guess I been listening to mike Durham, and Darren Gough too much in the afternoons

These posts explain two key things:

You're clearly not a true City fan: You want Arsenal to fail more than Utd?

The reasoning behind why you are clueless in football matters: You listen to Talksport daily?

These posts explain two key things:

You're clearly not a true City fan: You want Arsenal to fail more than Utd?

The reasoning behind why you are clueless in football matters: You listen to Talksport daily?

I have never seen anyone whom posts so many pointless threads for their own glorification as you, so for you Greg as to quote me in hoping I wanted my fiercest rivals to get Ozil is hypocritical. Arsenal are going to be the biggest danger in the years to come once FFP kicks. So when it comes to being a longer term completive rival we all want Arsenal domed.

BTW I never actually know what team do you follow, or do you never talk about them as you are too embarrassed of their under achievements.. or people may ask "who are they "??

You just this person whom taggs himself around with school yard bullies...

I have never seen anyone whom posts so many pointless threads for their own glorification as you, so for you Greg as to quote me in hoping I wanted my fiercest rivals to get Ozil is hypocritical. Arsenal are going to be the biggest danger in the years to come once FFP kicks. So when it comes to being a longer term completive rival we all want Arsenal domed.

BTW I never actually know what team do you follow, or do you never talk about them as you are too embarrassed of their under achievements.. or people may ask "who are they "??

What the fuck are you?

Huh !

Of course people pick their team... even if their parents brainwash their kids into supporting Acrington Stanleys feeder team like yourself they to chose-

When I moved to Manchester in 1987 I chose city as they were closer to my home.

I am now living in Barcelona and more than happy to be proud of my team as before we got the money not many locals knew whom we was until they met me.. now I am known as the " city fan "

pleased we stopped you winnin the title in the 93-94 season

Bonus for Greg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hvnmv2knEA]18 Women Who Look Like Footballers - YouTube[/ame]

47 seonds... in

Huh !

Of course people pick their team... even if their parents brainwash their kids into supporting Acrington Stanleys feeder team like yourself they to chose-

When I moved to Manchester in 1987 I chose city as they were closer to my home.

I am now living in Barcelona and more than happy to be proud of my team as before we got the money not many locals knew whom we was until they met me.. now I am known as the " city fan "

pleased we stopped you winnin the title in the 93-94 season

Bonus for Greg

47 seonds... in

Who did you support before Manchester City? Surely that's the team you support? I couldn't imagine switching allegiances simply because I moved house. Sure, have a second team and have an interest in them and keep an eye out for their results, but to care so much and with the amount of hatred that you seem to hold, I just don't understand it.

I had liked

I had been to see Leciester vs Everton when Gary Liniker was playing for leicester but then I was too young to be greatful for the game, my mum took me home at half time.

Crystal Palace as it was the 1st ground I went to I enjoyed. 85-86 pre season friendly 3-2 vs West Ham.

This got me into football and then before I moved to manchester and I was at my mums friends house her boyfriend was a massive liverpool fan so I had no option expect to share this excitiment when they played.

Moving to Manchester and saying in a Inner City School you liked Liverpool did not go down to well.

So in the end after some car minding sessions I sneaked in a few city games and never really looked back !

Guest howyousawtheworld

Would not like to see Arsenal 'doomed' myself. I've always had time for Wenger and his Arsenal team. It was a pleasure watching his invincibles from 10 years ago. I don't know about anyone else here but they still are the finest football side I have seen in English football. Mourinho's Chelsea side immediately following that Arsenal side was a fine team particularly on the defensive front and United's team that won the Premier League Champions League double in 2008 as well as the treble in 1999 were sublime as well, but for sheer class and entertainment it still has to be Wenger's Arsenal from 10 years back.

Going back to Wenger however, he doesn't just have one of the most fantastic football brains in the business but he also has a fantastic economic brain (no surprise considering he has an economics degree!). No one individual is bigger than a football club but Wenger certainly has been close to disproving that belief. I think his influence has run deeper in Arsenal than Sir Alex's at Manchester United.