✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

03-Oct-2008: The Ahoy, Rotterdam - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Stefan8

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha ya literally. I think this going to be 6 gigs now!!!

And she was in the front row for all of them!!!!

Thats why im coming to Europe for the next tour so I can get those standing tickets!!!!

6??? When and where is the 6th one??

Yes, you have to try the standing tickets, it's an amazing (and exhausting!) experience!!! It's so good to see them so close...(I'm missing this feeling now...:()

Oh really!! Do you not have standing tickets there??

Yes of course!!!

And they are less expensive!!!!!!!

That's why everbody is waiting at the front doors from 2pm, and sometimes 9 or 10am!!

And that's why there are people collapsing during the show, because they waited standing for 10 hours sometimes... And most of the time it's sooo hot inside you can't breathe...

Yeah, freaking experience...but it's so worth it!!!!

And it's such a shame there are no standing tickets in the UK...I'm wondering why... I will have to seat.... :(

Oh really!! Do you not have standing tickets there??

Ooops sorry, I realise I understood "do you HAVE standing tickets"....

Well, I wanted to wait for Carla and Chavi tonight, but I think I'm already too tired as I can't read properly anymore... :D

And YES, it is exciting to be standing in front row!!! :)

I’m surrounded by nurses in white coats!

Don’t worry. I’ve not been hurt (although I did take a tumble in Band v Crew football earlier..), and I have not gone mad after almost 5 weeks of touring and diminishing sleep levels.

The Oxfam Novib volunteers are busy hugging their way through the Coldplay crowd in the Rotterdam Ahoy arena. A few of them are having a coffee next to me, so I presume the tiredness means that it’s been going very well! Exhausted from hugging.. It must be a rare condition.

They have been a great group to work with. They look great, and really stand out in the crowd, which is generally a mist of Coldplay shirts and the occasional stitched replica jacket.. Hug a nurse, is about drawing attention to the need for quality healthcare worldwide. For that, we just want Coldplay fans voices.. And their hugs.

The ’hug a nurse’ campaign is ’FairAct #44’ for Oxfam Novib. FairActs are small, simple things that people can do to make the world a fairer, more equal and happier place. Other examples are to eat a FairTrade banana, be curious about the world around you, do something for nothing.. Wear ’clean’ clothes (which meet fair trade standards). You get the idea.

I just saw a volunteer nurse run across to the guy selling all those Coldplay shirts, with open arms and a big hug. It’s a really fun way to do a couple of our last shows here in Europe. Now I really am surrounded. The volunteers are coming back to the stall, to change clothes for the Coldplay show.. 10 minutes to kick off.

Speaking of kick-off..

Just a quick word on the football earlier. Band 6 - 1 Crew. I played for the band. Will Champion took home the match-ball. Maybe he’s Southampton F. C’s next star striker..

A big hug and a big thank you to Oxfam Novib, to Maarten and to all of your star hugging nurses! Over 1200 signatures and hugs tonight. Fantastic stuff.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=74