✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (2nd night)- Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Review/Photos

glad you liked them Joe!

i'll post my videos soon including the scientist when Chris waved and looked at me.But the waving moment isn't captured.But the looking moment was shot.

and i also gave the signs moment picture that Chris said he liked them and said thanks for the signs during Yellow when people are holding them up.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chavi

from Pete's blog

:Quote:I just want to mention. I met a couple of ‘Coldplayers’ earlier. They’re always so supportive of Oxfam’s work. So cheerful too. Thanks for that!

omg! did Mel post how I told her he was scrumptiously cute, and that I now believe EVERY male in UK must be hot!?!? umm no she didn't? :uhoh:, oh oops!

:laugh3: Christa took a picture. So I hope she learns (or gets someone to show her hot to post pics/vids, 'cause she did a lot and had TWO great cameras---yea she's crrrzzzyyy

okay this surely won't be as good as Noelia's, but here we go. Me and my sister hadn’t even planned on going to the show tonight.. At about 5:00pm she comes bouncing into my room all excited and tells me that she found tickets online for section 110, row 2!!! One row closer than we had on the 26th. So of course she buys them, and I rush to get ready.

We got there before the doors had opened and had to wait outside for about 10 minutes. We went straight to our seats. The security guard recognized us, and said “Weren’t you guys here last night?? Must be pretty big fans.” We talked to him for a while. Also talked to another security guard who was an interesting old guy.. Lol he pretty much told us his life story.

My mission for tonight besides having an awesome time, was to try and get Will’s drum sticks (spoiler alert: I failed) so I was asking the security guard if he knew any of the roadies, he said no. I wondered if maybe I should have tried to ask the roadies before the show something like “Can you get me Will’s drumsticks after the show??” but there really was no good opportunity to yell out to Matt, Bash or Hoppy.

Me and my sister talked to Sean!! We talked to him for a little bit, and offered to help him get a setlist at the end of the show.

Duffy came on and was great, Matt (Jonny’s drum tech, although I’m sure everyone knows that) came out and stood by the ramp during Duffy and watched her for a little while. Duffy finished and the madness of equipment changing began. Once again there was some sort of roadie break dancing show happening. Very entertaining. Then Life in Technicolor started!!! For some reason, tonight I was much more aware that I was seeing Coldplay. More aware than I was on the 26th, I don’t know if that makes any sense.. But when I saw Jonny .. I was like “holy shit that is Jonathon Mark Buckland.. Rocking out 10 feet away from me!!!”

It just really sunk in that the people that I had seen a million pics and interviews of were sooo close to me. I didn’t really get that feeling on the 26th, or in Philly. It was amazing. I almost died when they got this close.

ColdplayLive2006.jpg

ColdplayLive2007.jpg

The setlist was the same with the exception of Reign of Love. I seriously screamed every time I got any glimpse of Will (Jonny was blocking him most of the time) I noticed that Guy had his back turned to the audience for a lot of the concert, I agree with people who were mentioning a couple of pages back, that He doesn’t seem to like to interact with the audience that much. At some point during the concert, the lady behind me spilled her beer all over my hair. It was so annoying and made me miss the end of fix you. It took me a while to get back into singing dancing mode. Some cute moments: when Chris thought that people were smoking weed up by the C-stage, When they dedicated The Hardest Part to Jennifer Hudson, At the end when Chris said “Have a great election, enjoy your next four years of democrats!” , also I saw the cutest thing… at the end when they were all clapping and going to different places on the stage, Will and Guy passed each other and did this cute little face/hand gesture to each other as if they were surprised to see each other.. Almost like “omg man what are you doing here??” it was adorable. Yellow was incredible

At the end I tried to rush over to where the Roadies were to ask for drumsticks. I asked one lady but she said that she couldn’t get them, then I asked Matt, but I’m pretty sure he was ignoring me because he looked busy doing a million other things… and I asked another roadie, but he said that they were gone already.

But at the end of the night I didn’t even care about the drumsticks.. It was the best of the four Coldplay concerts that I’ve been to, and hopefully I will get to go to many more. I had sooo much fun!! Can’t wait to see them again.

Another moment is when Chris joked about how the people never used to give them atleast chips but they are giving sandwiches and cakes now.Its their job to stay skinny in the field which they are.

Not the exact words i wrote but the words i understood him while he was talking.

Another moment is when Chris joked about how the people never used to give them atleast chips but they are giving sandwiches and cakes now.Its their job to stay skinny in the field which they are.

Not the exact words i wrote but the words i understood him while he was talking.

yeah he was saying that "no one likes a fat popstar, so we should give them all a round of applause for staying skinny." also that "when we were first starting out, we could barely get a bag of chips, now wherever we go.. people try to give us cake and sandwiches... it's impossible!!!"

:kiss: he's adorable

okay this surely won't be as good as Noelia's, but here we go

Oh shuddup, just 'cause I talk to much??!!! LOL

holy shit that is Jonathon Mark Buckland.. Rocking out 10 feet away from me!!!
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Aww that was awesome--um except for the beer:thumbsdown:. You got tix last minute?!?!:shocked2: Thats soo great....

And umm, THEY NEED TO START EATING SOME CAKE! No one likes skin&bones sinking like stones, either Chris. Unless it's in song LOL.

edit: I VOLUNTEER TO BAKE...that's the one homemaker-type thing I can do!

:confused:

Oh shuddup, just 'cause I talk to much??!!! LOL

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Aww that was awesome--um except for the beer:thumbsdown:. You got tix last minute?!?!:shocked2: Thats soo great....

no not because you talk too much lol, but I just have high expectations for your review! yeah we got tickets at the last minute, we did same thing for the sunday show and got great seats .. it's confusing:confused: .. but awesome :D

Oh ya. last minute tix, and that close too!!! I bet they were expensive though!

well on sunday we got a great deal, because the lady selling them was in california and was desperate to get rid of her tickets , she had them listed really low on ebay... but tonight we had to pay quite a bit more.. well worth it. I'm not sure of exact prices.. my sister payed for them. (such a sweetheart)

:confused:

no not because you talk too much lol, but I just have high expectations for your review! yeah we got tickets at the last minute, we did same thing for the sunday show and got great seats .. it's confusing:confused: .. but awesome :D

Yeah, how did you get those tix??? At the box office, or ebay or somewhere they charged you an arm leg kidney and some intestines???

And Pete is guy from OxFam, he posts a blog after each show.

Yeah, how did you get those tix??? At the box office, or ebay or somewhere they charged you an arm leg kidney and some intestines???

And Pete is guy from OxFam, he posts a blog after each show.

the first night we got them on ebay, tonights tickets I'm not sure (my sis did the buying) but on the 26th, everyone around us was saying that they had just purchased their tickets a couple of hours ago.. I guess people on ebay wait until the last second to sell so they can overprice (dirty scammers)

oh btw I looove your siggy, cold_love23. I noticed it a long time ago, but never said anything...

oh and update: ive caught up to present time reading this thread LOL, I've moved on to ice cream, and I'm working on my pics(I took a lot but very few good ones, it pisses me off a bit that if only I had a better camera, w/ the seat I had I should've gotten PERFECT shots! grrr. (I guess that means I'll have to do this again sometime LOL)

oh btw I looove your siggy, cold_love23. I noticed it a long time ago, but never said anything...

oh and update: ive caught up to present time reading this thread LOL, I've moved on to ice cream, and I'm working on my pics(I took a lot but very few good ones, it pisses me off a bit that if only I had a better camera, w/ the seat I had I should've gotten PERFECT shots! grrr. (I guess that means I'll have to do this again sometime LOL)

thank you!!

omg will's # 1 fan just complimented my siggy :D :dance:

Ya I like it too!! That line is funny, and the picture is cute!!!

just looked at the clock and was shocked to see that its 2:30 in the morning!!! I seriously need to get to bed. so this is my final good night, I will try to stop myself from getting lost in the Will thread again. good night everyone

I've designed the signs for Philly too and Sean is handling the whole job my god i am very excited and in that show i am on floor!:shocked2:And last time when they were in Philly that show is just fucking amazing with two encores and they liked the show and its awesomeness of crowd there that they added another date there and also took the ending and beginning parts of Yellow and Lost in that show were taken into Lost video too.:)

Well my review about today's show:

I love Life in technicolor always.It sounded so awesome.Violet hill was great too.I liked Clocks and its one of my favorite songs and i like the red lighting and lazers and magic balls and screen during that song and i took the video on the screen view in front of me.I loved all In my place,Speed of sound,Cemeteries of london,Chinese sleep chant,42,Fix you,Strawberry swing.

During god put a smile upon your face and talk they performed it from the b-stage i've those videos too.

Chris dedicated the hardest part to Jennifer Hudson American idol winner who lost her mother and brother in Chicago,when they were shot by some one.

And after that Viva la vida and Lost i just rocked.

And during Scientist i was very close to where they come to the above sections when i entered only my hubby showed me that they will play there showing a black spot in the middle.And while they were coming i know that they come there and me and my hubby started to sigh about it with each other and i started to look at my camera to see the number of videos i took.At that time Chris saw me speaking with my hubby and when he came up directly he waved at me saying "thanks everyone" and next well those moments i've captured them in my video i'll post it.

And my hubby asked me to go even close to them because there's a lot of place there and Chris looked at me in front of him a lot of times while singing.

And then Will's DWNC and viva la vida remix songs were performed.

And the band took their way to the stage again.

And Politik is very awesome i started to take the video of it ,Chris changed the lyrics to "New Jersey is a fucking awesome place" and when i am taking it i didn't thought that Chris will play my favorite Reign of love for which i opened a petition in this forum and kept on asking questions to coldplay.com .

I screamed loud but not stopped to take the video i'll post that video too after i upload.

And then Lovers in japan is beautiful and then Death and all his friends and then the band took the bow and left the stage.

When they came back to play Yellow Chris saw the signs people are holding up and said "thanks for the signs" and that he liked them and they will come to New Jersey again next year.:)