✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (2nd night)- Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Review/Photos

:bigcry::bigcry:Melllllllll:bigcry::bigcry::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

I'm working on my "review" right now. It's gonna be loooong. But I'm making myself laugh, so it should be entertaining...ehhh i hope!

Shhhhh! that was supposed to be a surprise for Mel. Gonna put in when I post review:D

Hey!!!!!!!!!!! And too late! I just saw! Thank you sweetie:kiss:

How did you hold a phone and take video??:inquisitive: You're a SUPER FAN!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, SIT BACK&RELAX&GET YOUR READING GLASSES

Ok, so here we go. It was fanFUCKINGtastic. The end.

I kid I kid :-P

So…I met up with Christa in the parking lot of Izod (which I circled 2xs trying to find the spot she was at :rolleyes:hehe). We hug, we squee, then we meet up with professa95, his dad, and his adorable little brother(lucky duck is not even 5ft tall gets to go see Coldplay!!) As we wait for doors to be open I get all nervous about my sign, that they won’t let me in w/ it. So I stick it under my hoodie, and kinda walk very very carefully. When we get to security, the lady is busy checking purses(she asked what did Christa have in the paper bag she was carrying—the NJ loves Coldplay signs—and she made her stuff it in purse) so she was too busy to really check me out. So I (stiffly)waltz right in w/ my sign under my coat LOL.

Then we get to where they scan your ticket to go in, Christa goes first, and there’s a problem w/ the reader. The lady tries mine, also a problem. Now I’m like—SHIT, the karma is backfiring, OMG so close it’s gonna fall apart on me?!!?:stunned:(except for Coldplay related stuff I’m a pessimist so I freaked). Christa is on one side of turnstile, me on the other…but after asking 2 diff people to help the lady just let us through. YEAY!

Then we are in arena halls, and Christa says we gotta look for Pete from OxFam & say HI. So I start looking for some old dude. (I don’t know why I always had this picture in my mind that “Pete” was older LOL.) We stop at the first OxFam table be we see and Christa very charmingly (she’s so cute!:)) asked if they know who/where Pete is. And this super-cute youngish guy says “uh:\ that’s me.” He was a little freaked out hehe. We told him we were from coldplaying.com and Jen says HI, and Carla&Chavi say hi. He was surprised that we knew that he knew them. Pete, we also know about your yummy chocolate bars, too LOL. And Christa is blabbing away, and all I can do is just stare LOL. He’s so cute! And he’s got this cute accent! And I was a little like ‘:wacky:UHHHHHH.” I hope he didn’t realize that LOL. Actually, what the heck—yes Pete, if you read this, I was one of the “cheerful coldplayers” you met last nite, the one that had a goofy grin and barely talked. But if you’re ever in the NY/NJ area again, I promise not to stare! (and uhm I’m not a crazy freaky girl that just comes on to strangers, usually;)).

So then we go find our seats. And every time we see an usher, they pass us up to the next one, closer to the stage, closer, closer, until we are L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y 7 seats from stage, and a few feet from ramp/catwalk by Guy. SQQUEEEEEE. I almost started crying right there. Then we wait, practice taking some pics to see how our cameras would do. (Christa had 2, one tiny one superduper good, and I know she took tons of pics&vids so I hope she figures out how to post them, or I will search ALL of Long Island, to the very eastern tip! to find her)

Duffy comes on. Great singing voice, very cute, still sounds like Minnie Mouse when she talks. I think her set was shorter compared to Sunday, ‘cause she again came on at 8 on the dot, but this time finished by 8:30ish. Very groovy, again mellowing me out. Except this time I was wondering if Guy was lurking checking out her set, and checking out her legs in that short dress, and then it made me jealous and…oh yeah. So set is good (def. better opening act than Santogold), short&sweet. And then we wait….

keeps going&going&going

As roadies set up for Coldplay, Christa and I start handing out NEW JERSEY LOVES COLDPLAY TOO signs. Most people are like “great, sure no prob, sounds fun.” The 2 drunk kids next to us(one who didn’t know that Amsterdam was a CP song wth?!:thinking:) were NewYorkers, and asked Christa—who is so nice actually acquiesced to their request—for a marker to CROSS OUT NJ and put w/ chicken scratch writing “New York.” WHATEVER:whatever::dozey:. As long as they didn’t cross out LOVES Coldplay and put HATE instead…Then as I’m handing out a bit further back , a older man asks me am I getting paid to hand these out, I say no this is just a group of fans that got together. He then says, no thank you, I’m from New York.—w/ a frikin’ attitude! Thank goodness I was at a Coldplay show that is all about the love and good vibes, or I’d remind the asshole why the Sopranos were from NEW JERSEY! :furious2: (btw, whenever I go into NYC for a show, and the band says We Love NY, I don’t yell BUT I’M FROM NJ, F.U! I go with it; we’re all fans of the same band. Thank God Christa is also a New Yorker and the best example of why those guys were exceptions and not the rules.)

So I got back to my seat, and I hear Blue Danube, and my heart starts racing and Christa gets so excited and then curtain is there and it’s ON!!! :bomb::dance::dance::dance:I start my high-pitch screaming and pull out my camera right away. I gotta say that my review will not really include any actual musical critiques, ‘cause it all just flew by me on FFWd. I was so excited/overwhelmed, pulling out camera to take advantage of close proximity to stage, pulling out my phone to text Mel and keep you guys updated, figuring out when I should start showing my signs……I think I need to do this 7th row thing again, the RIGHT way, w/out stressing so much. Not that I didn’t have a great time, I don’t want those reading to think—what a waste of seat on someone who didn’t enjoy appreciate—‘cause the story gets better and all the stress is sooooo worth it in the end!:D

So I’m thinking when to prop up my sign, when I hear the beginning of “In MY Place.” And I dial the phone right away so that Mel can hear, and as soon as I realize that Chris is coming down ramp on Guy’s side and the lights were nice & bright I hold that sucker straight up the side that says “With Coldplay It’s Such a Perfect Day” with a kool-aid smile on my face. Chris passes by a few times, looking to all sides of the ramp, and as he’s passing by going back to stage, he looks STRAIGHT AT ME:stunned: (I swear it I didn’t’ imagine, see evidence previous page!) and does this tipping my hat to you signal. I just died. :bomb::dead::bomb: And went to heaven. He read it. He got it. He said “thanks!” The man that wrote all those songs that mean so much to me, that got me through some sad times, that can make me smile no matter what, that I can listen to everyday over&over and still after 7yrs of fandom not tire of, acknolewdged my thankyou to him. Nothing’s going to beat that. (I think I’m going cry again while laughing, seriously).

Then I grab camera to get a little bit of Jonny/Chris love for Mel, and it’s on to the next song. (oh after IMP Chris talked a little to audience and said thanks for being here, etc, and thanks for all the wonderful signs. And at this point I don’t think anyone had been hold their NJ signs yet since they were for encore, and I didn’t’ see nayone else up front with signs. So I’m assuming that was me he was talking about! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:shocked2::bomb::dance:

I barely had a chance to process what just happened and it’s Cemeteries of London, then 42—awesome. Christa and I totally rocked out to 42 hehehe looovvvveee it. During Strawberry Swing I hold my sign up again, but it was too dark so I’m sure they couldn’t see it. Guys all of a sudden run to Bstage, and I got the only boootaay shots. LOL So so so close, but can’t touch (big security guards held us back!). The Hardest Part is so beautiful “acoustic” version; I never really liked the original. And Will comes in to help on the chorus. He really does have the voice of an angel. So while everyone is facing Chris on Bstage, I’m the only one trying to get a pic of Will back on the main one (couldn’t though, too far!)

Last part, i swear!

Now I know Viva is coming, so I get my KEEP THE BEAT, BANG A DRUMMER sign going LOL I don’t know if he actually saw it though!!!! :confused:He didn’t’ look in my direction too much, and he closes his eyes when he sings the ooohhhh part SQUUUEEEE:heart:. But he was totally beating the shit outta the drums! :drummer:The whole crowd goes wild for this one! I’m almost 100% sure Guy saw it though, ‘cause he was looking straight ahead, and I was right in front of him, and it was the only sign around so…but he didn’t acknowledge me. WHY GUY, whyyy do you tease me so.:veryangry2: You know I think you’re hot, you know Chris thinks you’re hot, every hot blooded female inANDout of the arena thinks you’re hot, so just give me some eye contact and a smile and I”ll die a happy woman!! Ggrrrr:P (maybe he knows that if he did, I’d jump the stage!) Chris totally had to see it, ‘cause well, he knows I’m the girl w/ the sign:D. So I really really hope that if Will didn’t see it, the guys told him about it and all had a good laugh, I don’t want Will to freak out on me!

At this point I realized I wasn’t really INTO the show, I was so busy/overwhelmed with other things, so I decided to put away camera&phone for a bit. That’s when apparently everyone freaked around here, w/out their fix of live coverage!:lol: LOL Lost is up; it is my “song of 2008.” Without it I wouldn’t have all the Coldplay memories/good karma. “Just because I’m losing, doesn’t mean I’m looost!” Ex: I didn’t win MSG, I didn’t originally win Today show, def didn’t win entrance to Yahoo. But I went to all of them...When Chris Martin tells me not to give up, I listen LOL.

Even though I tried I didn’t feel connected to songs, but Sunday I was SOOOO into songs, so I guess it avgs out hehe. But Politik is just too awesome to ignore…I jumped I banged my head I waved my arms. :dance:It’s a work out! Lovers in Japan is like magic, w/ those butterflies:flutterby:beeeauuutiiiffullll. And all of a sudden, DAAOHF starts, and it all hits me. The show is over, my 10th show, 6th this year, CHRIS READ MY SIGN:o, and I start to hysterically weep!!!! :bigcry: I have no shame, I’ll admit it. Like a fucken baby. Christa, so sweet, let me lean on her. We are such girly-girls!:nice: I composed myself through Yellow, but then when we were leaving I called me to tell her what happened and I got hysterical again for a sec! (I also cried the whole way while driving home. And then I composed myself enough to tell my roommate all about it, and then started crying hysterically again. Heheh

Ok, that’s it. Sorry so long. But reading is good for you, exercises the brain!;) I just want to say one more thing, please indulge me a little more and then I’ll go back to the background….THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of you here, Jen&Ian for heading up this place were all of us Coldplay-addicts can enable each other in our addiction and support each other in this world of mostly non-fans of Coldplay. Being part of this community has given me great opportunities to see my favorite band, and I’ve met wonderful people! Thank you Mel:kiss:, for putting up with my crazy neurotic questions the last few days, for giving me great stalking (and sign!) ideas LOL, for giving me that push to go & try to get into Hammerstein, for letting me rack up your cell phone bill LOL. Thank you CHRISTA! :kiss:For the opportunity to see them soosoo close, w/out those seats I’d never have had the chance to make a sign and have Chris and the guys see it.

Ok, THE END. Again, sorry it’s so long, thanks for indulging me!

Photos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWyEJMx_DrM]In My Place video clip [/ame][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSfRj4G2dJE]GPASUYF bootays![/ame]

GOD GIVE ME STYLE, GOD GIVE ME GRACE…

COLDPLAY PUTS A SMILE UPON MY FACE

:D

Anyway, I am at the show right now. Duffy just started performing "serious". I think i'll post periodic updates throughout the night, such as setlists, etc

cool :D tyvm

Noelia says: the ist thing i said to pete was jen says hi and told him we're friends with carla and chavi. he was shocked they knew him that day! and that we all knew about it!...and she says...pete is cute!

yay! noelia caught up with Pete :D

:kiss: thanks a lot !

:dance: ooh the waiting ! is it okay to be excited as well, even though I'm miiiiiiiiles away ?! :D:D

erm yes. you were miles away but still in the same timeframe. I was getting excited as I read and the show finished hours ago

PLAYING REIGN OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: LISTENING ON PHONE!!!!!!!!!!

:o :D :kiss:

OK guys-- I'm home, and I'm not going to post a full review or photos tonight

thank you so much for the live updates, its so much fun that way

Well, I hope that you guys enjoyed my long-ass review of Wed @Hammerstein' 'cause the review of tonight might even surpass that one LOL.

so long as you're sharing, who cares how long it is. I already had to split last night's show into 2 wiki pages, and I'm expecting to have to do the same with this one :D

Chavi

omg! did Mel post how I told her he was scrumptiously cute, and that I now believe EVERY male in UK must be hot!?!?

is that like every American looks like George Clooney? :P

CookyMnstr I saw your signs, my friend said I was stalking the stalkers. Lol.

IMG_5757.JPG

More photos later and if I can figure how to upload the video. The right

runway stage set.

OMG i just woke up and there is Noelia and i she has sign i have blonde hair freakin out

Well, what can i possibly say after Noelia? it was an amazing night and the Jersey signs were beatiful. Thank you Pallavi. Sean worked the room with the section he was in and did like 500 seats. Yes i am uploading pics and have a great vid of Politik that got cut short from some hard ass security guy. I have allready talked about LIT. Reign of love was beautiful and i never really aprreciated the Hardest part until hearing it last night. The whole Jennifer Hudson thing is an absolute tragedy and it was very sweet that Chris mentioned her. for me i also started bawling at Lovers in Japan, it was so beautiful i was laughing and Crying at the same time. English Silk , Lore and Chavi i have your butterflies!!! anyone else that wants some just pm me. I have to say we were on guys side and have not read any of the posts yet cause i woke up. Guy seemed a bit out of it. I know he is not Chris and he is shy but sometimes he would just stare of into space. maybe he is just exhausted of it all. But he is amazing and cute and Guyalicious. I hate to say it i got no Jonny Love at all. He stayed on his side and could not really revel in his JOnny Hotness. Will worked it!!!! he looks thinner and Banged his Drums like noone. ok, need coffe be right back to continue

OK guys-- I'm home, and I'm not going to post a full review or photos tonight (will do tomorrow-- promise) but i just want to give a brief overview of who I am and what tonight was like.

So yeah, I'm from NYC, I've been a Coldplay fan since the AROBTTH days, and tonight was my third time seeing them live (Twisted Logic Tour, Izod Center, 3/25/06, Viva La Vida Tour, TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, 8/4/08). I have been checking reading this site, and lurking on the forums religiously for about a year now, and finally decided to get around to setting up an account during the Today Show special performance contest. I know I don't post a lot, but I read pretty much all the threads, and am a HUGE fan, so that is my intro.

Now on to tonight. As I said, I'm not writing a full review, but after the show, comparing it to Boston on this tour, I think that while both were utterly astounding and near-perfect, Coldplay are tired, as they are reaching the end of this tour, and it shows. I think that the energy level and enthusiasm shared by both the band and the audience was noticeably higher, but at the same time, Coldplay are always awesome live, and to anyone who hadn't been to a show on this tour before (my friend that I went with) this would have been a jaw-dropping experience. Song by song review later, but the setlist (as I remember) was:

LIT

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed of Sound

Cemeteries of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

---------------------------------

(B-Stage):

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (Techno)

Talk (Partial) (Techno)

The Hardest Part (Chris, Piano)

----------------------------------

Viva La Vida

Lost!

-----------------------------------

(In Crowd):

The Scientist

Death Will Never Conquer (Will)

---------------------------------------------------------

Viva La Vida (Techno Remix)

Encore 1:

Politik

Reign of Love

Lovers in Japan

Death and all his Friends

Encore 2:

Yellow

The Escapist

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, there's the setlist. No guarantees to whether or not it is 100% accurate (in fact, it probably isn't), but still pretty good for the same night :D

Take care guys, I'll write more tomorrow

-Zodiac

So many thanks for the setlist, and a huge welcome to the forum Zodiac :)

oh, the signs. Cooky had her beautiful sign which totally worked and yes i did a Warning Sign sign, on yellow paper and held it basically the whole night. yes, i have a pic must upload. I have to say it was really, really hot in there and the boys were dripping, drippin sweat, when they went up to sing the Scientist and Will's song there were towels they were wiping up with and you could see the girly fans just waiting to grab them when they were done with them, GPASOMF was amazing, we were like 3 feet away, the only thing seperating us were the burly guards who were nice but did their job. got a lot of great arse shots for everyone. I am jumping around sorry. Fix you was gorgeous as ever but i was in need of a little swingin lightbulb love. DAAOHF was mindblowing but i panicked cause i knew we were at the end. AAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! no no no i need more and then Yellow was sublime and we stayed on the floor as long as we could. me looking like a bag lady grabbing as many butterlflies as i can and picking up our beautiful Jersey signs. off the floor. Noelia runs over to get whatever she can from the roadies and i am cleaning up like the mom i am. more later now i have to fight with the computer and try to upload pics, it may take a while.

AHHH, thats so awesome Christa!!! Im glad you had a great time and that is was fanfuckingtastic!!!!

:dance::dance:

Joe, utterly mindblowing and i need a lobotomy :rolleyes: wish all our coldplaying friends were there with us. ooh we will have lots to chat about frinday night at Carla and Chavis

*sigh* Thanks for letting me live vicariously through y'all. I really enjoy the reviews.

I'll probably never get to see Coldplay in person, so these reviews mean a lot to me.

hey, if you never try you'll never know, keep the Coldplay Karma and you just might get to see them:)

soo sorry i wasnt online last night. And christa and Noelia sorry i couldnt stay around for a picture my phone died. But ooommmmmmgggg. The show was amazing. I got to the arena with my signs and met Christa and then later Noelia (cooky). Going in i almost got my signs taken away by a security gaud but after he told me to go to an office to drop them off we just went straight on the escalator. close call. Duffy was allright didnt like her as much as santogold. After duffy me Christa and Noelia started passing out signs. They covered most of the floor section and i covered most of the side 100's. Then it started. I swear when lit came on i nearly fainted i was soo excited. Every song was nailed. Chris was soo into the crown on every song more than ive ever seen before. Then during lost, chris looked at me rfrom like 10 feet away and gave a thumbs up because of my sign!!! Then before they did Yellow he said thank you for all these beautiful signs!!!!!!! He knew about them!!!! my mission in life is completed lol