✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

good thinking there alison! :D

those wisecracking bastards! :laugh3:

I'm just glad that The oracle (clearly debs) answered me.

though conviniently NOT when I asked about coldplaying and if the lads were aware of us and ever visited for feedback, I swear that's the only question I've ever asked, and now I ask a shit one I could get the answer to here and she answers it! :angry:

fucking karma

that's what I immediatly thought of when I read the oracle's reply. and also, Jonny was said to have an iPhone. The girl from Canada (really sorry I cant remember her name :embarassed:) who met him on July 30th because she knew his girlfriend Chloe said he had one, and Chloe actually took a pic of them with it that night..

:thinking:

Aww, I was gonna say that but you totally beat me! Wow you have a great memory for Guy AND Jonny! And the girl's name is sandersidle.

A good question..:thinking::laugh3: I've got one! Hey, did they thank Violet for the bell?

OK, I don't get your question. Me=:dunce:

I've seen you ask it before, too. But I still don't understand what you are referencing.

Oracle Update:

August 14, 2008 - submitted by Frankie, United States of America

Q. In the movie "Knocked Up" the band is referred to as a band that if a guy listens to it then he's gay- how does the band feel about that?

The Oracle replies:

Luckily the band have a good sense of humour. It was for comedy effect and isn't true so it's funny. By the way, it was The 40 Year Old Virgin, not Knocked Up. FYI Both were written and directed by Judd Apatow. Steve Carell co-wrote The 40 Year Old Virgin as well as starred in it.

If people can't get their facts right, their questions shouldn't be answered!

ok, well a bell question might be good....has the bell been addressed in any interviews? the origin of the bell?? not that it matters since the oracle is answering way more obvious questions:dozey:

Dear Oracle,

Will rings a big bell during Viva La Vida. Where did that bell come from and how old is it?

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Chris, United States of America

Q. I noticed that in in a couple of Zach Braff's movies there are Coldplay songs; likewise with Owen Wilson. Can you name the two movies I am thinking of for both Zach and Owen? And, does that mean these actors like Coldplay? Do they have any say in what songs are used throughout their movies?

The Oracle replies:

It just so happens that yes, I do know the films you speak of. The band do have a say in what songs are used (or not) within films. The management and label have opinions that are considered too. Actors don't always get a say in artists used in the soundtrack but sometimes are relied on. For example, Juno's star Ellen Page was asked what bands she thought Juno might listen to. Ellen put forward the Moldy Peaches, which is why they feature. Oh, by the way, it's The Last Kiss, Garden State, Wedding Crashers and You, Me & Dupree.

SIGH...

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Thommo, United Kingdom

Q. What do you do when a girl agrees to go out on a date with you but then says to her friends that she just wants to be friends with you even though she agreed on a date ? does this make me sound silly?

The Oracle replies:

It doesn't make you silly, but you need to chill. Firstly it may depend how and what you asked her. If she said, "will you go out with me?" there's no confusion. If you asked if she'd like to go to the cinema or a meal etc. maybe that's left it a little open and she thinks you're going as friends. Besides, you may go out on this date and decide you don't want to see each other again, so it's not necessarily a bad thing that's she not committed to calling it a date.

back

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Kit, United Kingdom

Q. Is Jonny Buckland Welsh? He doesn't look Welsh. But then I'm not sure who does.

The Oracle replies:

From The Moldy Peaches to Mold. Jonny was born in Mold, North Wales but he and his family moved away when he was very small.

back

August 14, 2008 - submitted by Burak, Turkey

Q. Hello, We are planning to develop a fan club website for Coldplay whose music rapidly spreads among crowds of people across our country(Turkey). However, We do want to develop this website officially within the Coldplay family. We would be glad if you give us some information.

The Oracle replies:

You can't develop the site as part of the official Coldplay site I'm afraid but there are loads of unofficial fan sites around the world. One international one that springs to mind is http://www.coldplayzone.it. If you contact Patrizio he's really nice so am sure he'd be helpful.

woohoo!! aww gabrielle will be so proud :cry::D

August 14, 2008 - submitted by Burak, Turkey

Q. Hello, We are planning to develop a fan club website for Coldplay whose music rapidly spreads among crowds of people across our country(Turkey). However, We do want to develop this website officially within the Coldplay family. We would be glad if you give us some information.

The Oracle replies:

You can't develop the site as part of the official Coldplay site I'm afraid but there are loads of unofficial fan sites around the world. One international one that springs to mind is http://www.coldplayzone.it. If you contact Patrizio he's really nice so am sure he'd be helpful.

woohoo!! aww gabrielle will be so proud :cry::D

Clearly, the Oracle and I are at odds over what makes a good question...

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Miha, Slovenia

Q. Why do Coldplay like elbows so much that they did a song in Holland called Mooie Ellebogen?

The Oracle replies:

Mooie Ellebogen means Beautiful Elbows. The song's nothing to do with liking elbows (NB They love Elbow the band). The band try to perform songs in the language of the territory they visit when they can. A few years ago while in Holland they resurrected a song they'd actually written with their Dutch friend even more years ago. The tune is traditional.

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Tyler Ham, United Kingdom

Q. When experiencing writer's block (from a song lyricist's point of view), what's the best way to overcome it?

The Oracle replies:

I'm afraid the Oracle doesn't believe in writer's block. I just think you have nothing to say. Don't force it, wait for the lyrics to come.

back

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Raj, Bahrain

Q. After university, did you think your chances of making it big as a band were good, or was it just a temporary thing that worked out really good?

The Oracle replies:

It all happened fairly quickly so there wasn't time to doubt it becoming a reality. They'd all previously played in bands but they knew when they got together that this band was better and had a chance of making it.

back

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Jadis C, United States of America

Q. Will Chris Martin ever get braces?

The Oracle replies:

Chris wore braces back in 1998.

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Miriam, United States of America

Q. I was wondering- in Coldplay's music video The Hardest Part, was it the bands idea to to have that those 80's dancers in it? How did that come up and is it supposed to be funny? I was trying to find an "inner meaning" but I can't seem to find one.

The Oracle replies:

There isn't an inner meaning. Basically Mary Wigmore, the video's director had been waiting for the right project to come along so she could use the footage. It was originally from a U.S talk show called Attitudes. The clip was taken from a 1990 episode in Miami featuring Gene & Barbara (the latter died a few years ago) and was spliced with the band's performance. It is supposed to be funny but of course no way patronizing to the amazing dancers.

back

oracle mystery

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Tyler Ham, United Kingdom

Q. When experiencing writer's block (from a song lyricist's point of view), what's the best way to overcome it?

The Oracle replies:

I'm afraid the Oracle doesn't believe in writer's block. I just think you have nothing to say. Don't force it, wait for the lyrics to come.

^ It's a stretch I know.... But that sounds like Chris. :thinking:

It probably isn't one of the band members because...

well honestly, do you think they'd have enough time to be the Oracle!? They're busy boys!

Clearly, the Oracle and I are at odds over what makes a good question...

August 15, 2008 - submitted by Miha, Slovenia

Q. Why do Coldplay like elbows so much that they did a song in Holland called Mooie Ellebogen?

The Oracle replies:

Mooie Ellebogen means Beautiful Elbows. The song's nothing to do with liking elbows (NB They love Elbow the band). The band try to perform songs in the language of the territory they visit when they can. A few years ago while in Holland they resurrected a song they'd actually written with their Dutch friend even more years ago. The tune is traditional.

I think it has to do with needing another way of saying she has big boobies hahaha

and is the oracle saying the music is from a traditional song? cause I reaaaaaaaaallly don't recognise it...

also I whish they would stop putting other names above my sorta questions... :angry:

oh and I still think it's Phil!