✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Oct-08: Boston - TD Banknorth Garden - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

COLDPLAY BOSTON THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Ooooh! Forgot to mention,

I saw you Jesse dancing when the rap song came on and holding up your sign! Just awesome! Coldplayers unite!!!!

And when "Blue Danube" came on, I was SPAZZING OUT! I did this whole Symphony conductor arm motion thing because I knew they were coming on right after that song!

And sure enough, "Life In Technicolour" started and I saw the boys (in the dark with some camera flashes) troop in and go up onto the stage. I could see them behind the curtain, bouncing about and soaking everything in. It was unreal!

I'm still soaking in the surreal awesomeness of yesterday!!!!!! :cool:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COLDPLAY BOSTON

THANK YOU stj0691 :D

Gosh, I couldn't help but cry during "Politik", so much emotion and power.

During "Viva La Vida" I was dancing so much! :lol:

Oh, and did anyone else catch Chris singing "AND THE NIGHT OVER BOSTON LAY!" during "Cemeteries of London"??

So Awesome!!!!!!!!! :heart:

And Chris played the Erik Satie "Gnossienne No. 1" song at the end of Politik again! Woot! It's so pretty :nice:

Hey everyone! the concert was beyond words.

to start, duffy was a great opener.

she is a great welsh artist and has definitely helped bring back the 40s/50s/60s motown music back. and she is much cleaner than the infamous amy winehouse.

but more importantly.

COLDPLAY WAS AMAZING!! i have been to multiple concerts and this was my first coldplay concert and it was amazing.

so much energy. great people. the band = amazing.

they are the beatles of our age. i was thinking about it during "the scientist", and when i am like 45 i hope they are around just like the rolling stones.

their music and words are everlasting and chris is awesome. he seems like such an awesome dude. i wish i could meet him haha

when they come back to the area i will be there yet again :D

thank god they came back to boston since the first time i wasn't able to go and now i am so happy. this band is just so unreal. like their lyrics are so relatable and interesting you just get hooked on them. After this show, i am an official coldplay groupie. haha

it was great to hear everyone stories and i saw some of you guys! (the girl with butterfly clips and jessie with his sign)

coldplay.. the world's greatest band of the 21st century. enough said.

HOLY MOLY COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!

LAST NITE WAS SOOOOOO 10000000x's AMAZING!

I'll write a longer review later.

But for now, I SAW YOUR SIGN JESSE!!!!! :cool:

DID YOU SEE MY MUM AND ME? We had 2 signs: one with

"Reign of Coldplay

Lovers In Boston" with the other side

"VIVA La Guy, Will, Chris, J:heart:nny Boy!"

and then a mini-sign with

"Butterflies in Boston

Thanks for the Replay Coldplay"

I even got a picture of you holding your sign during "Lovers In Japan" when Chris came by. He saw both of our signs!!!!!!

I AM JUST SOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!! AHHH!!!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE, COLDPLAY, esp. THE ROADIES, TRUE FANS, EVERYONE!!!!!! :heart:

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FROM MY HEART!

Quick Highlights:

- After Duffy played, I saw Miller. He saw my Roadie sign and smiled.

- A bunch of other Roadies (sorry I don't know your names) saw the Roadie sign and thought it was awesome!!!!!!!

- Tom Hamilton, bass player of "Aerosmith", stood in front of us for a few minutes and we talked with him!!!!!!!!

- Chris saw us with the signs! I think he said something to Jonny and he, Jonny, and Guy all went over and played by Guy's ramp, right near us.

I saw Guy smirk a little and Jonny smiled at our signs. Chris jumped up when he saw us and said "Oh, hohoho! Wow! This is how we like to spend our Wednesdays"!!!!!! He's soooo sweet and incredibly nice!!!!

You can see the vid for it here:

- Chris' electric guitar fluke during "God Put A Smile..." lol, he switched to piano and commented (humorously) about it afterwards.

- Will's earpiece malfunction. He was laughing with Jonny.

- Chris dedicating "The Scientist" to "the Alaskan governor" and the massive boos from the crowd. The he called Palin a "f*cking hot superbabe"!!!! :laugh3:

- Oh there is so much more. but i need sleep...ZZZzzzz sleep satisfies.

LOVE TO PEOPLE WHO WILL PLEASE KINDLY POST THEIR PICS, VIDS, MEMORIES, AND EVERYTHING!

THANK YOU!!!!! I can't say that enough!

YAY EMILY! That is so cool! What did your roadie sign say?

Ah and the band all saw your signs! Where were your seats again?

I'm so happy for you!!!!! :dance:

Did you succeed with your stalking? :wink3:

Oh, and did anyone else catch Chris singing "AND THE NIGHT OVER BOSTON LAY!" during "Cemeteries of London"??

He also changed the lyrics in Politik: "Give me love' date=' give us a kiss/An audience in Boston just like this" ![/quote']

Yes! That was a neat touch. :)

He really did go out of his way to make us feel special. I appreciate artists who do that.

Boston Coldplay

Excerpt from the 45th BLOG OF ROADIE #42: Talking of roadies, I have to mention a rather lovely "Roadies Rock" banner with the names of several of the longest serving crew on it. How on earth do these people know? The banner's creators shouted to me (by name) as I made my way under the stage for pre-show checks. I have to admit I'm far too shy to know what to do besides smile - but thanks!

^ HOLY MOLY!!!

MILLER MENTIONED MY ROADIE SIGN IN HIS BLOG!!!! :dance:

:heart: THANK YOU R#42!!!!! WE LOVE YOU ROADIES!!! :kiss:

it was great to hear everyone stories and i saw some of you guys! (the girl with butterfly clips and jessie with his sign)

coldplay.. the world's greatest band of the 21st century. enough said.

WOW!!!! THAT WAS ME WITH THE BUTTERFLIES!!! :flutterby:

Did you see my signs too?

Where were you sitting???? I was in Loge 21!

:dance:

OH I LOVE EVERYONE OF COLDPLAY & the ROADIES esp.!!!

Finally, last Wednesday was the pinnacle of my week: I went to the Coldplay concert at the TD Banknorth Garden, Boston's auditorium and home of the Boston Celtics. It was one of the greatest concerts I've seen and I didn't stand still for the whole two hours they played. Not only was the music so loud that you could feel the floor vibrating, but the energy of Chris Martin and the band was beyond belief. Chris Martin was rolling around the staging, running, jumping and sweating a ton. He looked exhausted after the first song, but somehow managed to keep his energy up throughout the whole show, which included an acoustic set on a side stage in the middle of the auditorium and a cool remix of some of their older songs. They played their entire Viva La Vida album and most of their hits from their other albums (including Clocks, my favorite song of their's, Speed of Sound, Fix You, Yellow, The Hardest Part, God Put a Smile on Your Face, Politik, etc.). It was hugely worth the money I paid for the ticket, and I haven't stopped wearing my $35 Viva La Vida tour t-shirt since. :) Amar (the guy I went to the concert with) and I have already decided that if they come back to Boston next year on a new tour, we'll be one of the first in line for tickets. A highly recommended concert to see if they are coming to your area!

http://myharvardmba2010.blogspot.com/2008/11/coldplay-is-coolest-band-ever-and-other.html

Coldplay Brings Life to The Garden

Just months after the Spice Girls took their final bow onstage, yet another British invasion swept the TD Banknorth Garden last night as Coldplay and opener Duffy delivered liveliness and hysteria with their Viva La Vida Tour.

Duffy managed to keep things mellow throughout her soulful set including "Rockferry" and current single "Stepping Stone." But the bluesy singer got flirtatious, kicking up her glittering red shoes, when belting out her popular ditty "Mercy" to the anxious crowd.

After much anticipation the main attraction finally made their entrance, opening with the grungy "Violet Hill" off their latest effort Viva La Vida, or Death and All His Friends. Coldplay continued the explosive energy with performances of "Clocks," "Speed of Sound," and "Cemeteries of London."

Throughout the night frontman Chris Martin bounced eccentrically around the stage and swapped his role as lead vocalist for guitar, piano, and harmonica sessions. Even drummer Will Champion ditched his drumsticks for a microphone singing the brief "Death Will Never Conquer."

The hugely successful band also scored points for fan interaction providing playful banter onstage about their love for Beantown (this being their second outing in the last three months). Things also got political after Martin dedicated a song to Sarah Palin then quickly recanted with "Vote Obama." Even the Jonas Brothers popped up in conversation when Martin quipped that the band has felt "old" ever since the curly mopped trio hit the music scene.

Capping off the superb night was the back-to-back performances of the foot stomping "Lost!" and "Viva La Vida;" the latter of the two got nearly the entire audience chanting every last word in perfect harmony as confetti snowed down upon them.

With an encore of "Yellow" and a collective bow, Coldplay closed the Boston chapter of their Viva La Vida Tour thanking everyone for their Wednesday evening. And with that the show ended as did the euro-hysteria that erupted moments earlier in the now lifeless Garden.

http://media.www.thesuffolkvoice.net/media/storage/paper1060/news/2008/10/30/ArtsEntertainment/Coldplay.Brings.Life.To.The.Garden-3515994.shtml

All I can say is fantastic! Joelle and I had so much fun last night.I've been fighting off a cold so I was hoping I would be good to go for the concert, and I totally was (today is another story)! I haven't been to a concert since I was pregnant with Nathan (John Legend and I had never heard of him before I went) and before that, probably in Vegas, though it's been so long I can't remember what show it was. I love watching artists live. Let me rephrase that, I love watching amazing artists who are even better in concert, live! Coldplay did not disappoint.

Joelle and I left early so we didn't hit Boston traffic on our way to the Garden. We got there around 4pm and headed over to Boston Beer Works for some food, adult beverages and to shoot a little pool before the concert. It was so nice to spend some "let your hair down" time with Joelle. A lot of our outings involve our boys, so it was great to have some time just for us. We may have been having a little too much fun though, as it took us almost an hour to shoot 2 games of pool! We both swore up and down that we do not stink that bad usually. I'll admit, she beat me...both games. I'm blaming it on the beer and my fabulous new boots...the heels were throwing me off!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to the concert! Duffy was the opening act. I had heard 2 of her songs before, and she was really good. I was surprised that such a big voice came from such a petite girl. The main event of course was Coldplay. I love them and was so excited that they were playing a second show in Boston since I missed the first one (It sold out in less than an hour). The concert was at the TD Banknorth Garden, home of the World champion Celtics! We had good seats, i only wish I had a better camera. In the pictures it looks like we are further away than we actually are.

The screens they had were amazing. They weren't just showing what was happening on stage. It almost looked like a video with all of the effects they had going.

My absolute favorite part of the show was when the band left the stage and surprised the crowd by appearing in the stands right next to our section!!!! They played 2 songs acoustically, one of which is my favorite, The Scientist. They were so close and I was way too wobbly at that point to get many good shots (besides I wanted to enjoy the songs), but I got a couple and this one is my favorite.

DSC02797.JPG

All in all, the show was amazing and we had a blast!

http://scampolifamily.blogspot.com/2008/10/viva-la-vida.html

(more pictures in the blog)

• 2 months later...

YES!

This concert was absolutely brill. I really wish that Prospekt's March had been out when they came round, would have loved to have heard some songs from that! One of the funniest parts of the show was when Will's drum machine stopped working and they had to quickly switch to "Talk". Quite amusing I must say. :D And Chris totally steals the show, does he not?

I think Square One was supposed to be played along with "God put a smile..." but then the drum machine broke and they had to quickly switch to "talk".

My favorite quote on the night:

CHRIS: How old are you young man? 12? ARE YOU A JONAS BROTHER?! We're 30 and we keep getting kicked off the charts by teenagers!

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, i've only gotten to see them once, it was this show it was incredible!!!! i figured i'd let you know i found a really good quality dvd of the entire show that i bought from the filmer, you all can see some of his clips at [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTKFpzaKSHA&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Coldplay Boston, MA 10/29/08[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d35Fw63CWdA&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Coldplay Boston, MA 10/29/08[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keRHcJHi1kE&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Coldplay Clocks Boston, MA 10/29/08[/ame]

theres an occasional obstruction but overall i love it and watch it about once a week!! just figured i'd let you guys know this is out there and where to get it :) i guess it's a "bootleg" and all but i love watching the show i was at over and over :)

this board is really cool i'm glad i found it!! hopefully they come back to the garden this year!!!

^ welcome to the board! :cool:

Beware .... Coldplaying.com will take over your life :dozey:

Thanks for posting the videos. i also have been watching videos from that show constantly. don't you wish we could go back in time and relive it again!?

let's keep your fingers crossed that they'll come back to Boston! ;)

^ welcome to the board! :cool:

Beware .... Coldplaying.com will take over your life :dozey:

Thanks for posting the videos. i also have been watching videos from that show constantly. don't you wish we could go back in time and relive it again!?

let's keep your fingers crossed that they'll come back to Boston! ;)

absolutly!!! ha ha yeah i figured i'd link that guys clips on here for you all to see, i relive that night evry time im watching the whole show on dvd!! :)

i cant wai to see them again in boston!!!!

• 4 months later...

I was bummed they chose Mansfield too this time but then I remind myself we already got two, count 'em >> TWO dates at the Garden. Guess they really like to switch it up and hit all the shed venues when they tour North America in the summertime.