🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Anyone have Coldplay tattoos?

atarisboy86

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct :D Except mine is actually MMIX :wacky: Cos it's so close to my CPing name, which has been a huge part of my life for almost 10 years [/cheesy]

ah good guess, but MMIX??!!! (of course it is! charlie brown, has freaking flower (ish) as a symbol :D) ¨ah there´s always something!¨ ©Sherlock (:laugh3:)

it´s really nice ... you did great job by choosing this symbol and it still looks great even without being coldplay-related!

so i am guessing: Anna, Up with the Birds symbol is yours, so the one of Charlie brown is of Mich (based on the assumption that the picture is taken by you, just because you posted it. so in this case the more convenient way for you is to place your left hand forward, as u have it in the pic :D)

really cute tattoos, i do like it!!! well done girls

Thank you :blush: Nice bit of deducing there! :awesome: (And you quoted Sherlock in your other post *bows down in worship*)

I love them! Really nice Anna!

I have five tattoos but none of them are Coldplay based... Maybe one day..

Thank you so much :wacky: Go for it! :)

Nice bit of deducing there! (And you quoted Sherlock in your other post *bows down in worship*)

haha, yes i did :D not BenAddict CumberBitch (maybe just not yet :laugh3:), but i do love Sherlock TV version of BBC (where the quote is actually from) :)

EDIT: Good Night & Good Bye

Whatcha gonna get? :wacky:

It's Coldplay related but you can't tell it's a Coldplay tattoo :nice: But they have a waiting list so I'm not sure how long I have to wait.

edit: the tattoo shop is fully booked until 1 July 2012, I can't wait that long!

• 3 weeks later...

If I ever get over my fear of needles, I think I miiiiight get the symbol for "A Hopeful Transmission" (or the Major Minus Media logo) I just like the idea of tattoos being symbols, and prior to this album the only real symbol Coldplay had was a butterfly, and everyone does that.

It's kind of between these two different versions:

majorminusmedia.jpg

or

ahopefultransmission.jpg

I really like the idea of white ink, though, even though it's risky in that sometimes it doesn't take. I just like the subtlety, and that it's not immediately obvious, as I'd want it on my wrist as well.

(I also want a Strokes one in white on my other wrist, but that idea is more sorted in my mind)

Do it, joooooin us :sneaky: It really doesn't hurt and the needle is so so tiny.

Only thing I'd say is really research white ink, cos I was looking into it a few years ago and heard lots of bad things. Tattoos are expensive and paying that much money for something that might fade super fast is a bit of a risk :kiss:

Yeah, that's the thing :uhoh:. They say that the whiter your skin, the better it looks, but it sounds like a total crapshoot to me. But some of the ones that stick just look so cool...sigh. Maybe I'd see if they could do a SUPER light color, like mostly white with a hint of some other tint.

If you anesthetize me first, I'd do it :idea2:

Yeah, that's the thing :uhoh:. They say that the whiter your skin, the better it looks, but it sounds like a total crapshoot to me. But some of the ones that stick just look so cool...sigh. Maybe I'd see if they could do a SUPER light color, like mostly white with a hint of some other tint.

If you anesthetize me first, I'd do it :idea2:

When I did my tatto I was really affraid of the pain and asked for some anestesia, so the girl that did the tatto told me to buy this skin cream called EMLA (Lidocaine/prilocaine) that would help.

I didnt completely believed her, but I bought it anyways and its MIRACULOUS! I felt no pain at all.

When I did my tatto I was really affraid of the pain and asked for some anestesia, so the girl that did the tatto told me to buy this skin cream called EMLA (Lidocaine/prilocaine) that would help.

I didnt completely believed her, but I bought it anyways and its MIRACULOUS! I felt no pain at all.

Aww, that's good advice, thank you! :nice:

The thing is, I actually have a really high pain tolerance--I've been told I don't really perceive pain like other people do. It's more the IDEA of needles that gross me out, that they're going through SKIN, which should not be punctured/opened except in extreme circumstances. I'm weird :lol:

I actually don't even have my ears or anything pierced for this reason, but the idea of tattoos freak me out SLIGHTLY less than piercings because ink is just being injected under the skin, rather than going straight THROUGH something (which makes me feel sick just thinking about it).

Do it, joooooin us :sneaky: It really doesn't hurt and the needle is so so tiny.

Only thing I'd say is really research white ink, cos I was looking into it a few years ago and heard lots of bad things. Tattoos are expensive and paying that much money for something that might fade super fast is a bit of a risk :kiss:

What's your tattoo?

EDIT : Never mind I saw it. it's sooo beautiful I LOVE it!

By the way if it can help, I have a tattoo (not Coldplay related) and it really didn't hurt. But the meaning was really special, it was for my dad who died of cancer and while getting it, I was thinking about everything he went through, and how much pain he must've felt. The tattoo was nothing compared to this. That helped a lot, I guess!

I wanna get another one soon. It's an addiction. But you really have to think of it, and the place where you get it. If you get something on the arm, for example ... It's not guaranted that you're gonna still love it when you're 35.

I have a piercing on the upper part of my ear, and it was a LOT more painful than tattoo IMO.

photo3xs.jpg

I love tattoos on this part of the arm. I wanna get one, but I'm scared because it's on the arm... :(