✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Sep-2009: Hampden Park, Glasgow - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad we didn't have to suffer Jay-Z in Dublin on Monday!! Elbow are sooo much better!I hate him on "Lost"....utter rubbish and just not my scene, sorry everyone!

I am so there with you.

Honestly I do think that his part in Lost+ isn't that bad at all. It's something different.

But having to bear with him as a support for around 50 mins was a really big challenge for me, esp. being first row.

Plus I hate this strobe lightning (medical reason) which was constantly on.

Bearing it in Politik is hard enough for me ;)

Hi, I was just reading the reviews .. glad ya's had a great time :)

... and I'm wondering, LittleMissMessy ... what did your sign say?

I'd luv to see that killersmile on Guy's face again :guitarist::escaping:

Well, the sign is some kind of running joke already, I guess ... :laugh3:

It has been travelling all around Europe and the guys spotted it at different concerts so they probably start thinking that they are stalked by it ;)

Anyway, it just says:

Please please play the best bassline ... White Shadows!

To be onhest if you have problems with strobe lightings should you be at a concert anyway?

So are you here to lecture me?!?! :p

I usually don't have BIG problems with it, but Jay-Z used it through his whole set and the spotlights were directed at the audience while Coldplay used them the other way round. And that was kind of pissing me off big time and it added on to the fact that I am absolutely no fan of him and his music ... ;)

They turned them round when the stuff from Jay-Z was taken off stage ;) so that's not the big problem for me.

I was at Hampden tonight.Thought it was quite poor to be honest. I saw them in 2003 and in 2005 and they were brilliant and blew me away.Tonight just didnt stand up to them. Firstly,i got hit about 3 times with thrown cups of pee and generally there were idiots in the crowd trying to push past to the front. Secondly the sound where i was,was awful.I was just in front of the leg of the C stage and the sound was far too quiet,i remember they were up on the stage at the back and the acoustic guitar sounded really poor. Thirdly going up to the back and using the stage just doesnt work in a stadium it really disjoints everything. Best songs for me were LIJ,Politik and LIT 2.

I saw U2 last month at Hampden and perhaps they have set the bar too high with the 360 tour but Coldplay tonight was nowhere near it.

P.S Hope i dont get flamed for this but its just my honest opinion.

Would agree with everything you said there apart from it being quite poor. Was at U2 last month too and that was amazing :)

Personally I actually hope they won't "nail" stadium gigs as I just want that Coldplay became a stadium only band prefer indoors gigs....LOL

Saw U2 in Wembley and was by far not that impressed...the only thing they have is a massive stage which doesn't do really anything, it's just massive.

:)

P.

Must have had a different stage in Glasgow cos it was doing plenty there lol :)

I was at Hampden tonight.Thought it was quite poor to be honest. I saw them in 2003 and in 2005 and they were brilliant and blew me away.Tonight just didnt stand up to them. Firstly,i got hit about 3 times with thrown cups of pee and generally there were idiots in the crowd trying to push past to the front. Secondly the sound where i was,was awful.I was just in front of the leg of the C stage and the sound was far too quiet,i remember they were up on the stage at the back and the acoustic guitar sounded really poor. Thirdly going up to the back and using the stage just doesnt work in a stadium it really disjoints everything. Best songs for me were LIJ,Politik and LIT 2.

I saw U2 last month at Hampden and perhaps they have set the bar too high with the 360 tour but Coldplay tonight was nowhere near it.

P.S Hope i dont get flamed for this but its just my honest opinion.

Sorry but you're a downright killjoy.

The show was incredible; White Lies were great, Jay-Z better but Coldplay eclipsed them both. I wasn't listening out for how sharp the acoustic guitar was or the volume of the right tom-tom - I was just belting out the words to every song and going loony like a loony in loony-town on loony pills. The band were so enthusiastic throughout, Chris was hilarious, the X-Factor bit went down a treat, the yellow balls and butterfly confetti were glorious.

If I was to pick out any highlights, I would say Fix You, Lost! and Lovers In Japan. But it was all a standout, no song didn't go down well with the fantastic crowd and it might well have been the best night of my life.

The sound seemed perfectly OK to me ;)