✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

10-Sep-2009: Goffertpark, Nijmegen - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant rent a car...and its the "maby" im so scared of....lol :P i hope there realy is a 00:41 train, because then i'll have a chance to make it...if the show is over in 23:00 i'll have 1.5 hours to get to the train- thats perfect....its just that its not listed in the train site...

raven12 if you are there please say how you got that information it will help alot :)

Hi, i just posted a messege in the 9.9.09 forum, and then i noticed that the 10.9 is way more "alive" and i see you are talking here about my problam, so thats my messege:

"/Hi Guys, i realy need your help! I'm gonna visit Holland for the first time and i'll be staying in Amsterdam, which means i gotta take a train to nijmegen -thats not a problam to get there by train, all i gotta do is get in NS site and chack when the train goes...but there BIG HUGE PROBLAM is -how do i get back to amsterdam in the middle of the night?

i saw in the NS site that the last train to amsterdam is in 23:18!!! and the nijmegen train station is about 3 km away from Goffertpark, there is no way i'll be there on time to make it for the last train, as i unserdtand the concert is over in about 23:00, which means 18 minutes to get out of the goffertpart and run/take a texi in the bad traffic to the train station...=impossible!

Is there anybody here going back to amsterdam/other city after the show? how are you getting back? do you have any idea how to save me? are there any night-buses?

please HELP!!!"

i read Raven messege, you said the Last train to Amsterdam leaves at 12:41 AM from Nijmegen Central Station- are you sure? because the NS site show that the last one in 9.9 is in 23:18...could there be a mistake in the site? or is the hour is not correct?

and i read the messege here about the buss "www.tripticket.nl this website has touring bus from different cities, driving to the concert in Nijmegen" -my problam is that this site is in dutch, i cant unserstand anything, i tried to use bubble-fish to translate it but it wasnt very usefull :P

*another thing:

staying in nijmegen is not an option, i have to get back to amsterdam i already have a hotel booked for that day. and there is no problam for me to go back at night since im coming with a friend so we'll be fine, its just the huge fear of missing the train, its the first time we'lll be in a coldplay concert and first time in holland so we realy want to be sure that we have a way to get back, we dont wonna get stuck in nijmegen...

cant rent a car...and its the "maby" im so scared of....lol :P i hope there realy is a 00:41 train, because then i'll have a chance to make it...if the show is over in 23:00 i'll have 1.5 hours to get to the train- thats perfect....its just that its not listed in the train site...

raven12 if you are there please say how you got that information it will help alot :)

Hi Rokestar,

Okay, so I read your posts and checked NS.nl and you're right. The last train does leave Nijmegen at 11.18 PM.

If you want to get that train, you should leave before the concert is over (which I'm sure you won't do ;))

So you HAVE to get to Amsterdam after the show. I checked the site tripticket.nl and I need the postal code of your hotel to check whether or not you can use a touring car. I think it'll be quite expensive though, but less expensive then getting a cab.

Just a question, why did you book a hotel in Amsterdam when the concert is in Nijmegen? I mean, you could've booked a hotel closer to Nijmegen, or did you first plan on going to Holland and then thought of attending the gig?

Anyhow, it won't be easy to get back that night. Maybe there's somebody around that has to go to Amsterdam too and drives his/her own car.

Good luck!

the postcode is 1017 KJ - thats an hotel in amsterdam.

and i'm on a vication there for a few days thats why i have an hotel, that i already booked :(

i tried the tourbus site but got stuck when i got the 3 transportation option did'nt understand anything there

Well according to German railway (bahn.de) who also operates a few lines within the Netherlands there's a local train at 00:41 hours from Nijmegen towards Amsterdam... sadly the train ends in s'-Hertogenbosch and an expensive express train only starts a few hours later. It doesn't help you a lot, does it? It only dislocates the problem from Nijmegen to s'-Hertogenbosch I believe... :/ Or do you have better connection options from there?

4ah62np5.png

Arggg why cant the train keep on going 'till amsterdam?! arg i dont get it why there are no trains at night especialy in concert-nights when there are many going to amsterdam...

if anyone have any idea how to get from 's-Hertogenbosch to amsterdam in the middle of the night then it can help...but i dont think there is a way...

im realy clueless right now :( i can't believe thats im gonna have to get out in the middle of the concert to get to the train...that will destroy the whole fun of the gig.

i wonder how all the people from amsterdam are going to return, i find it hard to believe that im the only one looking for public transportation to a main city...

anyone got an idea how much a texi should cost from nijmegen to amsterdam for 2 people? its prabobly going to be a crazy price, i heared the texi in europ is freakish-expensive

i'll wait for raven she might be my saver if she could translate the tourbuss site and maby find there a way for me to get back...finger crossed lol :P

Well according to German railway (bahn.de) who also operates a few lines within the Netherlands there's a local train at 00:41 hours from Nijmegen towards Amsterdam... sadly the train ends in s'-Hertogenbosch and an expensive express train only starts a few hours later. It doesn't help you a lot, does it? It only dislocates the problem from Nijmegen to s'-Hertogenbosch I believe... :/ Or do you have better connection options from there?

4ah62np5.png

Yeah, on Thursday the 10th the last train leaves at 12.41 AM but this particular question is about Wednesday the 9th.

I know it's the wrong thread for it, but this thread is far more lively than the September 9th thread ;)

Okay, so I did some research for you.

The three options you had were:

- a touring car

- public transportation

- your own car.

Well, since the second and the third option aren't really options for you, you have to go with the touring car.

It costs €35,- per person and you can board the bus at Amsterdam Sloterdijk or Amsterdam Duivendrecht. (I'd personally go for Amsterdam Sloterdijk)

This touring car takes you from Amsterdam to Nijmegen and after the gig back to Amsterdam. You can book till Sunday August 23rd so you have to decide fairly quickly.

There's three options for paying your seats: Visa card, Master card and iDeal. But I think the last one is only for Dutchies.

After you've booked and payed, you'll receive an email with the details and a few days before the gig you will receive an email with the tickets for your seats.

The bus leaves at 1.50 PM so you'll arrive at Nijmegen at around 5 PM.

For the trip back, the bus leaves Nijmegen at 11.45 PM and you'll be back in Amsterdam at around 2.35 AM.

I hope this helps you a bit, if there's anything I can help you with, just ask. I'll keep an eye on this thread. You can always PM me of course. :nice:

This train is also aviable in 9/9...the only problam is that its not going all the way to amsterdam, its just untill 's-Hertogenbosch and then you have to wait 5 hours for a train from 's-Hertogenbosch to amsterdam...

Which is not very helpful if you want to go back to Amsterdam.. :confused:

Okay, so I did some research for you.

The three options you had were:

- a touring car

- public transportation

- your own car.

Well, since the second and the third option aren't really options for you, you have to go with the touring car.

It costs €35,- per person and you can board the bus at Amsterdam Sloterdijk or Amsterdam Duivendrecht. (I'd personally go for Amsterdam Sloterdijk)

This touring car takes you from Amsterdam to Nijmegen and after the gig back to Amsterdam. You can book till Sunday August 23rd so you have to decide fairly quickly.

There's three options for paying your seats: Visa card, Master card and iDeal. But I think the last one is only for Dutchies.

After you've booked and payed, you'll receive an email with the details and a few days before the gig you will receive an email with the tickets for your seats.

The bus leaves at 1.50 PM so you'll arrive at Nijmegen at around 5 PM.

For the trip back, the bus leaves Nijmegen at 11.45 PM and you'll be back in Amsterdam at around 2.35 AM.

I hope this helps you a bit, if there's anything I can help you with, just ask. I'll keep an eye on this thread. You can always PM me of course. :nice:

hi tnx alot for helping, now my question is-- is there any option to go just 1 way? meaning just the return trip?

the trip to nijmegen is very late, they open the gates in 15:00, and we will be here just in 17:00...which means will be in the lastttt row lol :P (and there is a very comfortable train in many hours in the afternoon)

is it possible to take 1-way only? does they say anything about it?

**i dont mind paying for a full trip but just going back with them, but i worrie they will see that i'm not coming in the afternoon and then i will not be able to come in the evening...i tried to call but no one answered

i am a bitt worried though how to do all this, i mean i bet i can pay even in dutch, its not a problam, but they are going to send emails with information and tickets and there probobly going to explain where do i meet them and everything, and it will all be in dutch...im nervous as hell that im going to be there but miss them lol

will you be able to translate me the info they send if i'll book a trip there?

You can't book a 1 way ticket but you can use the touring car for just the return trip.

You have to pay the full price though.

If you only want to go back with them, you have to send an email in which you explain to only go with them on the return trip and also put the booking number in that email (so you mail them after booking).

Of course, I'm willing to translate the emails for you! You can just send them to my email address and I'll reply you with the translation, no problem!

You can't book a 1 way ticket but you can use the touring car for just the return trip.

You have to pay the full price though.

If you only want to go back with them, you have to send an email in which you explain to only go with them on the return trip and also put the booking number in that email (so you mail them after booking).

Of course, I'm willing to translate the emails for you! You can just send them to my email address and I'll reply you with the translation, no problem!

first of all, tnx soooo much!! i'm in love with you :)

does they mention all that process in the site? (to send them the email with the numbe of booking+say that i will use the return only) its ok that i will send it in english right?

I will book the trip with them and i will use the return-way only, i hope there will be no problams :)

EDIT: one more thing, you said about the return trip that the bus leaves Nijmegen at 11.45 PM (wich is great its just after the show) but i just wanted to ask if you have any idea -maby they say it on the site, how do i recognize the buss? i mean how will i know where in goffertpark to meet them and how will i know it is them? -was there any information about it? (maby they send it on the email...)

first of all, tnx soooo much!! i'm in love with you :)

does they mention all that process in the site? (to send them the email with the numbe of booking+say that i will use the return only) its ok that i will send it in english right?

I will book the trip with them and i will use the return-way only, i hope there will be no problams :)

EDIT: one more thing, you said about the return trip that the bus leaves Nijmegen at 11.45 PM (wich is great its just after the show) but i just wanted to ask if you have any idea -maby they say it on the site, how do i recognize the buss? i mean how will i know where in goffertpark to meet them and how will i know it is them? -was there any information about it? (maby they send it on the email...)

First of all, no problem! :nice: I'm happy to be helping you out so much.

Yes, all the above is mentioned on the site. I think it will be no problem to email them in English as long as you make clear you will only be on the return ride and and put your booking number in there.

I couldn't find the place where the bus leaves but I think it will be in the email with information and stuff.

Don't forget to print out the email with your tickets, as you need them to get in the bus!

I booked the ticker today and it went alright so far :)

and it is all thanks to you raven! and thx to everybody else here that tried to help me, i appreciate it.

WhoooHooo finaly i am free, i feel like a huge stone was lifted from me now that it is all ok :)

and now i can talk to you about other stuff...(other then traveling, finaly)

Do any of you know maby whats the song list for their tour?

I am curious, what song are you looking forward the most? For me it got to be 'Yellow' i just can't wait to sing it with the huge crowd :) <3

How many of you will be taking a place at the big line? when will you be there in order to get a good spot?

and another techniqal question- I bought a ticket from live-nation , its a printed ticket (about €), i also saw that there were many other websites with ticket for higher price, i wonder, is there any standing places guaranteed for people who bought expensive-ticket? i would hate to realize that after standing in the line from 15:00 i'll be stuck at the end of the park because my ticket is different then others...

Now the concert is getting so close, memories come back from last year. My first Coldplay concert. :nice:

For getting in the mood, I uploaded a video of In My Place I made last year; it is one of my favorites, although a little shaky.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKD-lbfF3A]YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place (Rotterdam 2-10-08)[/ame]

At 1:52 I can almost touch Chris' head! :D