🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

13-Jul-09: Shoreline Amphitheater, San Francisco, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists

How could I ever express how much their music has meant to me, how their music brings a tear to my eye? The words would fail to express it. Just like, I would be excited if they played their acoustic set near me but it would also be frustrating because I still could not communicate to them, how deeply their music has moved me. I feel as if I would die if I met them.

I just think I'd start crying- I wouldn't be able to say anything and I'd look completely dumb. :P

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should meet up in that area before the show, then! Maybe we should make coldplaying shirts or something. :D What time is everyone planning on getting there?

you guys are lucky to have a seat. :(

can i join? :wink3:

I have not confirmed this yet, but I got an e-mail, saying that a new Coldplay show had been scheduled for the Shoreline for 7/23/09:

When

Jul 23, 2009 (Thursday) Where

Shoreline Ampitheatre (map) One Amphitheatre Parkway

Mountain View, CA 94043

37.423343 -122.0780126

Who

Coldplay

What

Buy Tickets for Coldplay at Shoreline Amphitheatre on 7/23/2009.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The best place to check is on Coldplay's website...which I'll do shortly.

No, the Coldplay.com site doesn't show any concert for 7/23/09. It is also unlikely that Coldplay would be in Mountain View on 7/23/09, since their site shows concerts on 22/07/09: Houston, TX - USA, and 24/07/09: Maryland Heights, MO - USA, unless they decide to change or cancel one or both of those shows.... also, I wonder if they might cancel the Wheatland/Marysville concert on 7/14 if it doesn't sell out. Link to live shows: http://www.coldplay.com/live.php

I saw that last year, Colplay canceled both the Oakland and Sacramento (that was in the city, not in Wheatland) shows. The only Bay Area show was at the San Jose HP Pavilion. From the clips I've seen of that show, it did not look like as good of a venue as the Amphitheatre. The acoustics and lighting weren't as good. The Wheatland show still has a lot of unsold seats. I just tried to pick my seats and it said that option wasn't available.

Chris Martin on Coldplay's freebies

dd-summer07_cold_0500190935.jpg

Coldplay is back on the road this summer on the final leg of its huge "Viva La Vida" tour. Just days before the group landed in America last month, singer Chris Martin gave us a call to talk confetti butterflies, stage fright and the totally bonkers idea to give everyone who attends the shows a free copy of a new live album, "LeftRightLeftRightLeft."

This article appeared on page R - 14 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Q: You've been on the road quite a lot this year. Are you just trying to avoid the family?

A: I'm glad you started with an easy question. From the very beginning of my life, people have always enjoyed it when I was around for a couple of days at a time. So, I think, most people in touring bands are best in small doses. That's why we turn up in a town, play and then we leave before anyone can get sick of us.

Q: Shouldn't you have a bit of an ego at this point?

A: I have an ego. But it's being worked on today. I don't have it. It's in the shop.

Q: It's important to get it back before you get here and have to face 10,000 people.

A: Yes, you're right. I need to speed them up. I think when you're as talented as me or you, you don't need to have an ego. On a serious note, the people I most admire in the world in my field have never shown that much ego to me. So it makes me think, if Bruce Springsteen isn't acting like an a-, I shouldn't either. If someone can be that successful and still be as nice to the guy who gives him his dry cleaning, then anyone in Coldplay should be extra nice.

Q: How many confetti butterflies have you gone through on this tour?

A: Well, I've got to say it's up in the millions. It's a tough dilemma. We're not unaware that it's a little untidy, but we also think it looks incredible. I don't know. You can call me out on that if you like.

Q: Are they biodegradable?

A: Some of them definitely are, but then there are some nights where they're less so, which has not been a problem indoors.

Q: There are different varieties of confetti butterflies?

A: The world of confetti butterflies is a labyrinth. You could spend months learning about that stuff.

Q: Have you stopped wearing those ridiculous handmade Sgt. Pepper's outfits?

A: We have some new ones coming through. But back to the butterflies, we're just about to give this live album away to people who bought tickets and the cover of it is all to do with those butterflies.

Q: Right. Everyone who comes to the show gets a free live album. That's very generous of you.

A: On a purely business level, we're very blessed to be able to afford to do it. The reason we're able to give a record away for this tour is a lot of people have paid for tickets, so it's just a way of saying thank you. It's generous, but we wouldn't be able to do it unless we sold a lot of tickets.

Q: Do you still get stage fright?

A: Sometimes I get it within a concert if a particular person's expression catches me. For example, if I see a guy with his arms folded looking a bit bored, then I get nervous. Only for an instant and then it comes right back. The problem is it's often my dad.

Q: You need to start giving him the bleacher seats.

A: Right. Send him to the back.

Coldplay performs at 7:30 p.m. July 13 at Shoreline Amphitheatre, 1 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View. $35-$97.50. http://www.livenation.com.

http://www.sfgate.com/

I have not confirmed this yet, but I got an e-mail, saying that a new Coldplay show had been scheduled for the Shoreline for 7/23/09:

When

Jul 23, 2009 (Thursday) Where

Shoreline Ampitheatre (map) One Amphitheatre Parkway

Mountain View, CA 94043

37.423343 -122.0780126

Who

Coldplay

What

Buy Tickets for Coldplay at Shoreline Amphitheatre on 7/23/2009.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The best place to check is on Coldplay's website...which I'll do shortly.

Awww. :( You got my hopes up for a moment! :lol:

TODAY IS NO-FEE DAY ON LIVENATION.COM! You basically save $20 for tickets bought online. Unfortunately, the Shoreline concert on 7/13/09 shows no reserved seats left.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4WFZ0aHspA&feature=related]YouTube - Coldplay - The Hardest Part (Demo Instrumental)[/ame]

Starfish42 :)

Hi!

I will be there (i hope because delta.com don't accept my mastercard but i'm working about this) - lawn seats!

It will be my second gig - last year i was in Berlin, first rows on the floor opposite scene - awesome concert! I hope new one will be even better!

DSC00460.jpg

BTW anyone has poster? I want to share this exciting news with my friends in LJ but i can't find any art.