✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

Hey Guys!

I am trying to catch up on all the posts, I am alittle behind.. but to make up for that.. here are my pics.. Some are good, some are ok, but I still love them!! lol We had Pit tickets and it was the best ever.

We were center, but decided to stay more towards the back, except we did move in when they were on stage B.

http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx265/TheTiggerKat/

password: viva09

Did anyone see the 2 blonds that came up behind the sound guys right before the guys came on? I tried to get some shots, but without light they were alittle blurry to make out. Wasnt sure if Gwen was at that concert or not. Then we saw them take seats behind the sound guys. I dunno.. but thought I would ask... :)

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks, sorry I haven't uploaded my lossless version of Carson, but it sounded very crappy when I cranked it up. My wires were defective in my battery box, and it caused some unfixable problems. However someone just posted a decent sounding (From the samples) recording, that should be MUCH better than my recording on Dime...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=258726

It's okay we still have our lovely pictures and videos to look at...and knowing I was front row well that is best.

Yeah.

I'm glad i have pics and video, and the memories of being front row as well.

Now, i am just ecstatic thinking about their next album and their next tour.

It just makes me sad how fast it all went. :veryangry2:

Yeah, I think the best part is the moment leading up to the concert because after you are sad it is over. But it was a Coldplay summer for me! I got to see them three times in a week. Which was the best. I needed a week to recover haha.

Yeah, I think the best part is the moment leading up to the concert because after you are sad it is over. But it was a Coldplay summer for me! I got to see them three times in a week. Which was the best. I needed a week to recover haha.

True it's always exciting waiting for them but the down aide knowing soon you'll be having Coldplay withdrawls. I am having them right now. I also went and saw them 3 times in one week so now it's touture not knowing when I might see them again. But if that means the new album is in works then, I'm happy waiting. That also means a new tour and a ton of new dates to see them! Sigh oh how I love Coldplay!!!! :) :) :)

Today was the first day I had the radio on since the concert.. even though it was only on for 5 minutes while I figured out which CD to play on the iPod... :)

Total withdraws....

SO bad.. here are some more pics... these are off a video taken by Lisa_Noelle.. she ROCKS!! ;)

The last few of the paintings were from someone else though... sigh...

http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx265/TheTiggerKat/Still%20Frame%20Video%20Shots/

password: viva09

We were lucky enough to go to Coldplay's second Viva la Vida tour. Neither time were we planning on going to the concerts. This time someone asked us two days before if we were going. We said no, then she said, "My sister has extra tickets that she'll sell to you at a discount!" That was the end of that. Although our seats weren't as good as last time, we still enjoyed the music and the atmosphere.

Coldplay puts on such a great show. The lighting was spectacular, the back drops were cool, they walk off stage and sing on a little stage in the way back. I bet those people who thought they had bad seats were so excited when Coldplay came to sing right next to them. At this part of the concert they improvised a little and sang non-Coldplay songs, one being Billy Jean. I liked their version. At the end of the concert Chris Martin informs everyone they are giving us all a free CD, Left Right Left Right Left. It's the live version of a few of their songs. The crowd went wild.

Lovers in Japan was still my favorite song. I was so glad they still shoot tissue paper butterflies into the audience during the chorus. The air was filled with them!

For the encore they played Life In Technicolor, the version with words. Ja loves this song and I think it was his favorite part of the concert. We had a great time!

The concert was at the Home Depot Center in Carson. If you ever go there parking is horrible so you need to go two hours before the event starts. We ended up parking at a Panda Express parking lot and walking almost a mile to the center because the line of cars was not moving at all. We did make sure that the lot didn't say "Panda Express Parking Only" before parking.

http://jonathanlaura.blogspot.com/2009/07/coldplay-concert.html

COLDPLAY LIGHTS UP L.A.

British super group Coldplay took down the sold out house last night as they rocked the crowd at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California. Lights, color, energy, and tireless lead singer Chris Martin dominated the evening, with Martin making endless laps around the U-shaped stage as the super excited fans indulged the band and sang out practically every word to popular Coldplay classics like “Clocks,” “In My Place,” and “Fix You,”-songs packed in to the first half of the killer show. Chris was beaming as he joked, “We are grateful for your Saturday night choice. We know you have a lot!” and “I know all the ladies were lined up early to see David Beckham!” as the Home Depot Center also houses Beckham’s L. A. based soccer team the Galaxy. In fact, as Los Angeles is now Martin’s second home thanks to a certain actress with the initials G. P., he informed concert goers that this was the city outside of London that they have played to the most. Good work Gwyneth!

The night was not without surprises as they band descended from the main stage, worked their way down the corridor, and leaped onto a second stage placed in the back of the house in the middle of the crowd. People were going nuts as they screamed for their rock heroes. Once a top their alternate perch, the Brits belted out acoustic versions of “Green Eyes,” “Sitting On the Dock of the Bay/Death Will Never Conquer,” and in an ode to the King of Pop Michael Jackson, they took on a sweet rendition of “Billie Jean.”

Of course they night would have not been complete without some tracks from their new album, including “Life in Technicolor,” album title and hit song “Viva La Vida,” “Lost?” and “Lovers in Japan.” They ended their musical journey with Coldplay favorite “The Scientist” and “Life in Technicolor ii” which was accompanied by an explosion of multicolored confetti that poured over the cheering audience. And speaking of the audience, a show in Los Angeles wouldn’t be complete without a celebrity contingency, right? So who was there? The one and only Tom Cruise, songstress Katy Perry, Adam Brody, and self-proclaimed Coldplay fanatic Justin Timberlake. Shine on Coldplay!

http://redcarpetroxy.com/?p=1248

Why do people spend hard earned money on tickets, and text through the WHOLE show? Or not even pay attention to the music? While I hate screamers, at least most of them are having fun. My new hate is reserved for those not even there for the music.

are they not the people who were sending twitters for those sat back at coldplaying?

I texted updates from one of the shows I went to in December. its still possible to have an immense time, and rack up 20-odd texts :laugh3: