✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

Oooohhh Makayla your vid is so awesome !!!!

Seems like you had a great (anyway words cannot describe a Coldplay show :wink:) time !

And your brother cracks me up, you're really lucky to be his sister :D

Btw are you going to write a review ?

Yeah i probably will write a review. Maybe later tonight.

I'm glad you like my video though!

:D

and yes, i love my brother a lot!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are some of my pictures from the show, still working on uploading the videos :) pictures are mostly of Chris and Jonny because I was to the way left of the stage, Jonny was in front of me the whole time :)

IMG_0663.jpg

^^^ Guy watching the opening bands from the behind the curtain, I felt like such a stalker lol

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

Okay everyone, I finally decided to write my review.

So here it goes:

This was my first Coldplay concert Ever, not only that, but my first actual concert.

I've been to many "shows", but never a big band like this.

I was so excited. Especially since this is my favorite band in the world.

And i was also traveling to see them, Just the whole trip only added to the experience.

I had been looking forward to this day for months and months and months, counting down the days on my calendar.

And it finally arrived, after what seemed like years.

My brother and I got to the venue at around 9:00 a.m.

I walked up to a security guard and I asked her where to start lining up and she told me i was the first one in line, so that really excited me... but then i shortly came to find out from another security guard that there were already people lined up at another entrance, so we moved there.

There still weren't many people lined up when we got to the other entrance. We ended up landing second in one of the lines.

It was fun meeting other coldplay fans in line, but sadly i didn't meet any coldplayers...

By 12:00, the line was still the same length it was when we arrived.. I was surprised that nobody was showing up. It wasn't until around closer to 4 and 5 that more people began to show.

That was kind of a bummer, realizing that we could have came a lot later and still had a good spot in line. But i wasn't upset. I had a lot of fun with my brother waiting in line all day and talking to other people.

The doors opened at 6:30 and it was a mad house trying to get down to the pit. Everyone was running and security was getting pissed, and shouting for people not to run.

I just power-walked really fast. haha. We went down a flight of stairs and had to stop at a security check-point , then we made our way to another security check point where they handed us our GA bracelets.

By the time we got down to where the stage was, the center was already filled with people, so i ran over to the left side between the ramp and stage. Right up front, On jonny's side. Let me just say that these seats were incredible! We could see everything, except Guy was kinda far away. :(

But it was really cool being by the ramp because Chris came over there quit a bit. And if you watched my video, you can actually see him fall right back on his knees during fix you, literally feet a way from me. I could have reached out and touched him.

Anyway, so once the opening bands ended, and after not too long of a wait, the beginning of life in technicolor starts, and everyone is going crazy. I'm screaming and getting so excited. Butterflies in my stomach and my heart racing. Then the guys come out, twirling their sparklers and jumping around. It was so surreal.

I just couldn't believe i was actually seeing them.

The guys on the poster in my room. They all looked picture perfect, even more beautiful in real life. And i never realized how huge Chris really is. He is a big guy.

So the show continues, and i'm just having the time of my life. Singing along to every song, dancing, and just enjoying every second of it.

Chris was funny, especially the way he said los angeles. It was so cute.

he pronounced it Las Angelees. :lol:

They really know how to put on a great performance.

Constantly enthusiastic, and the interaction with the crowd was just awesome.

It amazes me how Chris runs and moves around stage so much, while still singing.

That man has to be in great shape.

Before i knew it, Lovers in Japan was already on, and i knew the show was coming soon to and end. I looked up at all the butterflies falling on my face, and couldn't help but just smile. throwing my arms up in the air, and just soaking it all in.

It gave me chills.

When the guys ended Death and all his friends, it was time for the final bow before the encore.

I held up my sign really high for them to see, Jonny and Will came over to the left side first, but i don't think they saw my sign, then Chris and Guy came over and i turned my sign over to the side that said "Hey Chris! I like your hair" Chris pointed right at me as he was walking toward me, gave me a thumbs up and told me thank you while putting his hand over his heart! It was so cool, he looked me right in the eyes and had a big smile on his face, and also let out a small laugh.

Then i flipped my sign over to the side that said "Coldplay is art", and guy sees it and also smiles really big and gives me a thumbs up, then nudges chris and points to look at my sign again. They both smile and give me thumbs up.

That was way cool. :D

the encore was over before i knew it and they were gone.

After the show, one of the security guards took a guitar pick from the stage and came over and handed it right to me. I didn't even ask for one. He just gave it to me! :dance:

I don't know if it was Jonny's or Chris's, but i know it was one of the two. My brother thinks its chris's because its a really thin pick, and he says since Chris was playing acoustic, he most likely uses thin picks... But who knows. I was happy to be leaving the venue with more than just butterflies. :)

Overall, it was an incredible night. Everything I had expected, if not more.

I will never forget it.

6331_136976228064_826983064_3065770_8003250_n.jpg

FINALLY!! :dance:

2dsfx2p_th.gif

Big version:

2dsfx2p.gif

Thanks again, Makayla, for sharing your videos with us!! :kiss:

What song is your little video from? Is it from Fix You when he was running around? Or maybe from In My Place? hmmmmm ....

Okay everyone, I finally decided to write my review.

So here it goes:

This was my first Coldplay concert Ever, not only that, but my first actual concert.

I've been to many "shows", but never a big band like this.

I was so excited. Especially since this is my favorite band in the world.

And i was also traveling to see them, Just the whole trip only added to the experience.

I had been looking forward to this day for months and months and months, counting down the days on my calendar.

And it finally arrived, after what seemed like years.

My brother and I got to the venue at around 9:00 a.m.

I walked up to a security guard and I asked her where to start lining up and she told me i was the first one in line, so that really excited me... but then i shortly came to find out from another security guard that there were already people lined up at another entrance, so we moved there.

There still weren't many people lined up when we got to the other entrance. We ended up landing second in one of the lines.

It was fun meeting other coldplay fans in line, but sadly i didn't meet any coldplayers...

By 12:00, the line was still the same length it was when we arrived.. I was surprised that nobody was showing up. It wasn't until around closer to 4 and 5 that more people began to show.

That was kind of a bummer, realizing that we could have came a lot later and still had a good spot in line. But i wasn't upset. I had a lot of fun with my brother waiting in line all day and talking to other people.

The doors opened at 6:30 and it was a mad house trying to get down to the pit. Everyone was running and security was getting pissed, and shouting for people not to run.

I just power-walked really fast. haha. We went down a flight of stairs and had to stop at a security check-point , then we made our way to another security check point where they handed us our GA bracelets.

By the time we got down to where the stage was, the center was already filled with people, so i ran over to the left side between the ramp and stage. Right up front, On jonny's side. Let me just say that these seats were incredible! We could see everything, except Guy was kinda far away. :(

But it was really cool being by the ramp because Chris came over there quit a bit. And if you watched my video, you can actually see him fall right back on his knees during fix you, literally feet a way from me. I could have reached out and touched him.

Anyway, so once the opening bands ended, and after not too long of a wait, the beginning of life in technicolor starts, and everyone is going crazy. I'm screaming and getting so excited. Butterflies in my stomach and my heart racing. Then the guys come out, twirling their sparklers and jumping around. It was so surreal.

I just couldn't believe i was actually seeing them.

The guys on the poster in my room. They all looked picture perfect, even more beautiful in real life. And i never realized how huge Chris really is. He is a big guy.

So the show continues, and i'm just having the time of my life. Singing along to every song, dancing, and just enjoying every second of it.

Chris was funny, especially the way he said los angeles. It was so cute.

he pronounced it Las Angelees. :lol:

They really know how to put on a great performance.

Constantly enthusiastic, and the interaction with the crowd was just awesome.

It amazes me how Chris runs and moves around stage so much, while still singing.

That man has to be in great shape.

Before i knew it, Lovers in Japan was already on, and i knew the show was coming soon to and end. I looked up at all the butterflies falling on my face, and couldn't help but just smile. throwing my arms up in the air, and just soaking it all in.

It gave me chills.

When the guys ended Death and all his friends, it was time for the final bow before the encore.

I held up my sign really high for them to see, Jonny and Will came over to the left side first, but i don't think they saw my sign, then Chris and Guy came over and i turned my sign over to the side that said "Hey Chris! I like your hair" Chris pointed right at me as he was walking toward me, gave me a thumbs up and told me thank you while putting his hand over his heart! It was so cool, he looked me right in the eyes and had a big smile on his face, and also let out a small laugh.

Then i flipped my sign over to the side that said "Coldplay is art", and guy sees it and also smiles really big and gives me a thumbs up, then nudges chris and points to look at my sign again. They both smile and give me thumbs up.

That was way cool. :D

the encore was over before i knew it and they were gone.

After the show, one of the security guards took a guitar pick from the stage and came over and handed it right to me. I didn't even ask for one. He just gave it to me! :dance:

I don't know if it was Jonny's or Chris's, but i know it was one of the two. My brother thinks its chris's because its a really thin pick, and he says since Chris was playing acoustic, he most likely uses thin picks... But who knows. I was happy to be leaving the venue with more than just butterflies. :)

Overall, it was an incredible night. Everything I had expected, if not more.

I will never forget it.

6331_136976228064_826983064_3065770_8003250_n.jpg

Hey you were right in front of me during that show! Glad you enjoyed it so much. They really do put on the best concerts. Now you're gonna be hooked and want to see them all the time!

That is so awesome you got a guitar pick. :)

Oh btw did anyone notice when the yellow balloon went back on stage and hit chris martin and bounced back in the crowd? i thought it was quite funny :)

Yeah, didn't he bounce it off his guitar back into the crowd? I got that one on video...which I need to post still..

I cant believe I'm replying almost a week after the concert, but wow! It's a day I'm always going to want to relive. I'm definitely gonna get pit tickets during their next tour, which i hope is much sooner than the time between X and Y and Viva La Vida.

Here's my review everybody :) :

So i woke up at around ten o clock, going to sleep at around three because i was too freakin excited. pretty tired, i called my friend up right away, and our whole ride situations were planned the night before.

We left for the Home Depot Center, blasting Coldplay on the way there. I was busy explaining to my friend about other Coldplay songs he doesnt really know about (He's a diehard Coldplay fan now :P)

We got there at around 1:15ish, looking for where the lines were being held. We asked a few security guards, and like none of them knew a thing. :rolleyes:

When we got to the lines, around 30-35ish people were there. We decided to stay in line at the door second to the far right side. Both of us were second in line to a group of three women.

After a few hours we heard the band during sound check, and I got super excited. We befriended two sisters that drove from San Francisco for the show, to visit family, and for a Chelsea soccer game a few days afterward. I ended up giving them a ton of info that i got from these boards. A lot of people in my line kept asking questions afterwards haha.

@Mikayla - I think i remember seeing you guys walking to and from your line position during those 5 hours in line. I would have said hi, only I had no idea who was a coldplayer and who wasnt. :) Your sign was awesome, I wish i got a pick or a setlist too.

Gates opened at 6:30, and I was pumped with my new Tour shirt. Prices were ridiculous in my opinion, but I figured why not, i'd get too impatient with purchasing it online and waiting a few weeks for it.

The first security checkpoint took too long, they decided to wand me even though i had no metal item on me. :veryangry2: I didnt know that the numbers after the GA on our ticket meant a specific section in the pit. Thankfully we were GA 2, so they didnt tell us to go to a different area.

As soon as i got in the pit i looked at the tons of people already at the center, so i decided not to go there. I kinda regret making that decision. But we ended up front row on Guy's side. I was kind of annoyed with the teenyboppers that were shrieking even before the opening acts. They were asking the security guards a bunch of lame questions like whether or not they could get to meet the band, if they would be put on the jumbotron, etc. :rolleyes::angry:I indirectly yelled at them to shut up. Buut of course they wanted to get closer and wanted to switch positions, and i kindly blew em off. They didnt give up and tried to get in a fight with another girl behind me by pulling her hair and whatnot.

Call me a hater, but i seriously did not like Kitty Daisy and Lewis. I wasnt there for them.

Amadou and Mariam were much better than Kitty Daisy and Lewis, but all of their songs sounded super repetitive, so they tired me out after their third song. Amadou was pretty incredible on the guitar, and the fact that he was blind made it even crazier. "DO YOU FEEL ALIVVEEE!?" - Amadou "Are you ok?" - Mariam. :P

Finally, U2, Jay-Z (Awesome Roadie Break dancer btw), and The Blue Danube began. The Sparklers arrived, and Life In Technicolor as well. The whole concert was surreal, and I couldnt believe I was 5 feet away from my favorite band. Guy was being all cool and :cool:, but i yelled his name enough to get his attention and he gave me a smile :)

During Violet Hill, my friend, whose infatuated with British culture (and is part British) kept waving his British Flag and I was screaming and jumping like crazy, so we got Chris's attention. He gave us both eye contact and a :P expression, which was pretty awesome.

I think i was the only one that was jumping like crazy and singing to every song in my area. i wanted to start a Viva La vida Interlude chant, like the video's ive seen of Europe before a Coldplay Show. People started teasing, which i thought was lame. :angry:

Everything was so surreal and amazing. I was angry that I didnt even get to bounce a yellow ball around. Right when they were getting close to me, a security guard would take it and throw it towards the middle of the pit >:(

During Lovers in Japan, Chris came to our area and gave me a smile, and gave a few girls in my area a heart shape with his fingers.

I didnt get any setlist or pick or any other souvenir besides a hundred or so butterflies that i stuffed into my pockets and my bag. Its a shame a lot of them were all crumpled, but im in the process of straightening em out.

I usually never liked any previous covers of billie jean, but Coldplay's cover was wicked awesome.

It only took us a few minutes to get out. I stationed my brother outside parked at the KFC donut shop area outside hehe.

All in all, it was one of the best days of my life. I'm glad you all enjoyed it too. Just wish the crowd was more into it like those Europe shows. It was my first big concert, and probably the best concert I will ever attend. Los Angaleesss! :lol:

Cant WAIT for another Coldplay show!!!!! :D

mecoldplay.jpg

Me in front of the stage. Our view was a little closer, but ultimately from there.

@Zj23- I wish you were with me on my side!

Me and my brother were trying to start the viva interlude chant too, but not enough people caught on!

We were both actually surprised by the los angeleees crowd. haha. They were kinda tough.

But it was still an incredible experience for me non the less.

I was singing and dancing along the whole time too!

:)

Sighs...I remember just exactly one week ago at this time I was walking around the Home Depot Center waiting for the show to start. How I miss July 18 very much. It was such a great day! Next time they come around I am going to try my best to get front row!

here are a few of my videos finally! lol

Just to let you guys know, when Chris and Jonny came out to the ramp by where I was standing, it got really hard to see them the whole time with the people, the lights and the security guards lol I apologize in advance!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZWXLVpGpoo]YouTube - Coldplay - Fix You[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubgkXWo_2bY]YouTube - Coldplay - Viva La Vida[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JHl6jGwONE]YouTube - Coldplay - Lovers in Japan[/ame]

here are a few of my videos finally! lol

Just to let you guys know, when Chris and Jonny came out to the ramp by where I was standing, it got really hard to see them the whole time with the people, the lights and the security guards lol I apologize in advance!

I'm sorry my sign was in your way during lovers in Japan!!!!

:\