✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay

July 18, 2009

The Home Depot Center

Carson, CA

Source: Sound Professional AT933 Hyper Cardioids >

Sound Pro Battery Box (Roll off @ 107Hz) >

iRiver IHP-140 (WAV @ 44.1khz)

Transfer: iRiver IHP-140 >

Audition (Normalized & fade in/out) >

CDWav (for track splitting) >

mkw MP3 @ 160 (MP3)

Taper: [email protected]

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH THIS RECORDING.

I RELEASED IT IN AUDIO CD and FLAC, YOU CAN SCREW IT UP HOWEVER YOU LIKE.

MP3, FTP SERVER, DC, WEB, REMASTER, WHATEVER,

I CAN'T STOP YOU ANYWAYS!

DON'T SELL IT AND don't be a leech.

01. Intro - 'The Blue Danube'

02. Life In Technicolor

03. Violet Hill

04. Clocks

05. In My Place

06. Yellow

07. Glass Of Water

08. Cemeteries Of London

09. 42

10. Fix You

11. Strawberry Swing

12. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (Techno Version)

13. Talk (Techno Version)

14. The Hardest Part (Chris Solo) / Postcards From Far Away (Chris Instrumental)

15. Viva La Vida

16. Lost!

(Acoustic Set at rear of stadium)

17. Green Eyes

18. Sitting on the Dock of the Bay / Death Will Never Conquer

19. Billie Jean

20. Viva La Vida (PA Remix)

21. Politik

22. Lovers In Japan

23. Death And All His Friends

24. The Scientist

25. Life in Technicolor II

26. The Escapist (PA Outro)

Why do people spend hard earned money on tickets, and text through the WHOLE show? Or not even pay attention to the music? While I hate screamers, at least most of them are having fun. My new hate is reserved for those not even there for the music.

MP3 Here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ctssy

Lossless Soon

Wow thanks so much! :D We were in the same section! :lol:

Soo it was like 10:30 pm and I was thinking about how we were all enjoying coldplay at that time last night and it almost brought tears to my eyes. :cry:

Last night was simply amazing.

I wish I could go back or forward until the next time I hope to see them again.

Intro/LiT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRplOpNL1Bc]YouTube - Coldplay - Intro & Life In Technicolor Live at the Home Depot Center 07/18/2009[/ame]

Postcards/VLV

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIaBz-6J6qE]YouTube - Coldplay - Postcards From Far Away and Viva La Vida Live at the Home Depot Center 07/18/2009[/ame]

I overdubbed some of Chrisedge's audio (with his permision), but mixed some of mine in there so the crowd doesn't sound dead. :D LiJ coming soon!

Awesome videos thank you so much.

There's also a user called lisanoelle (not sure if she's here too actually) has uploaded some absolutely astounding videos on to YT. Thank you so much :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsc278sG7nA]YouTube - COLDPLAY - CLOCKS - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOD3sgTC53o]YouTube - COLDPLAY - STRAWBERRY SWING - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4g5Dn_02S8]YouTube - COLDPLAY - CEMETERIES OF LONDON - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-TSSO0PR8I]YouTube - COLDPLAY - 42 - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5tzRxE6bHg]YouTube - COLDPLAY - FIX YOU - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVxZpoac60]YouTube - COLDPLAY - GLASS OF WATER - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshXddtqrCU]YouTube - COLDPLAY - YELLOW - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mXZTdrBIg]YouTube - COLDPLAY - IN MY PLACE - LOS ANGELES - 7/18/09[/ame]

Awesome videos thank you so much.

There's also a user called lisanoelle (not sure if she's here too actually) has uploaded some absolutely astounding videos on to YT. Thank you so much :D

wow! thanks for posting...these are amazing vids :shocked2: lol love the guy at the very beginning of this one: "Guy Berryman is a sex god!" :laugh3:

Okay...just got back to the DC area last night around 1 am...just woke up now and am posting MY review of the show...

This was my fourth VLV show and by far the worst I've seen...so sorry to disagree :\ Our seats were in A2, row 18...but we were SOOOO far away! I thought we would be much, much closer...the pit was freaking enormous...MUCH bigger than the ones at other venues I've seen...so I'm sure the pit people had an amazing time...so jealous. :) Anyway, once people stood up, I saw NOTHING...I'm only five feet tall and couldn't see a single thing...it was like listening to LRLR in the car or something....my husband felt terrible...since he's like six feet tall, he could see everything, so he took like 200 pictures for me...I tried standing on my chair (which worked like a dream!), but the security guards yelled at me several times... anyway, the crowd in our section was the worst crowd in the history of cp shows...seriously... NOBODY danced, sang, yelled, or even clapped!! What the hell, people? Why do people pay that much money to get floor seats and then not even do anything at the concert? The people beside us said they were just staying for a few songs and then would leave. From where we were, we couldn't even hear the crowd singing along at all...and I guess the boys couldn't either since they mentioned it like four or five times... I ridiculously love Coldplay, but I felt like they were just kind of trying to get through the show and get it over with because they totally were not the playful and enthusiastic band I saw in Pittsburgh. But I completely understand...when you have to ask the crowd to sing along and then comment that we need to work on the lyrics (at the end of Yellow), you would just want to get it over with. I was really diasppointed... :( I'm sorry if people disagree if I ruined someone else's memories of this show. I'm sure we would have had a different experience if we were in different seats. Hopefully, the Raleigh show will be a better experience! As a quick side note though, this thread is by far the BEST thread I have seen for a concert. You guys freaking rock at posting and helping each other out. AMAZING!! :D

VIDEOS FROM FRONT ROW CENTER!

I still cannot believe that I got in the front row center for this show!!! It was by far the best concert experience ever!!

I took a lot of videos, so here are links for 11 of the 16.. the rest are uploading still; I'll put them up later.

LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR-->VIOLET HILL

[ame=

]
[/ame]

CLOCKS

[ame=

]
[/ame]

IN MY PLACE

[ame=

]
[/ame]

YELLOW

[ame=

]
[/ame]

GLASS OF WATER

[ame=

]
[/ame]

CEMETERIES OF LONDON

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

FIX YOU

[ame=

]
[/ame]

STRAWBERRY SWING

[ame=

]
[/ame]

THE HARDEST PART-->POSTCARDS FROM FAR AWAY

[ame=

]
[/ame]

LOST!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rRNFlpiIJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rRNFlpiIJE[/ame]

I’ll start off my review by saying that I don’t post as much on the Coldplaying.com forum as I should, I do read it everyday—so most of you will not know me. I’ve been a fan since Parachutes came out, “Yellow” was on the playlist at my wedding. I’m also out of the demographic for Coldplay fans, slightly older at 39, but saw plenty of older fans mixed in with younger ones on Saturday night, which was nice for hubby, since he worries about stuff like that.

Hubby and I arrived later than I wanted to, we left three hours early and didn’t get there until seven due to an unforeseen car issue, had to wait an hour to get back on the road. I was so nervous I wouldn’t make it! We then had to park in the dirt parking lot at the college next door to Home Depot Center, and then walk about half a mile, but at least we were there! I bought my program right away and went inside to wait, hubby asking all sorts of questions (he likes the band ok but has to define which album a song is from by giving the color of the album cover, like white for ROBTTH and blue for X&Y)

The opening bands were ok, very, very loud, with good, bouncy beats, but not who I came there for!

Finally, Coldplay! Granted, my seats did not turn out all that great, I was on the floor section, thought I would be a lot closer, but not to be. I am five two and hubby is six feet and we had to keep switching placed when the couple in front of us did, me behind the shorter of the two; I spent most of the concert watching the TV screens, so, yes, a little disappointing there—really wanted to see the boys and not just hear them.

All in all, the evening was fantastic. My section swayed and sang with the music; some of the highlights for me were Cemeteries of London, Hardest Part and Postcards, Lost, Politik, Lovers in Japan (and the butterflies—I only got two since the breeze blew everything away from our section) and the encore. Emjoyed the versions of GPASUYF and Talk, they sounded like they escaped from the 80's. I especially loved the band playing the other end of the stadium, loved Green Eyes and Billie Jean—great arrangement, but hubby thought it sounded more like a parody. We had to leave as LIT2 was ending, and walked the half mile back, clutching my goodies, program, butterflies, $60 jacket and 2 LeftRightLeftRight CD’s. Getting out did not take as long as we thought it would, easier than the Forum in 2006.

Overall, loved, loved, loved the show. I felt they brought their A game, lots of energy and Chris had great humor as usual. Hubby said he hit a couple wrong piano keys, but I didn’t notice, I think that’s his playing style, kind of frenetic, right? My only caveat for the next show I go to, is to pay some more dough to get better seats. Other than that, just perfect evening!

And thanks for all the videos! I have a lot of viewing to do when I get home from work!

I still cannot believe that I got in the front row center for this show!!! It was by far the best concert experience ever!!

I took a lot of videos, so here are links for 11 of the 16.. the rest are uploading still; I'll put them up later.

IN MY PLACE

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH for these videos!!

Unbelievable that you managed to hold the camera so still - you were so close!

And the audio quality is amazing too! :bomb:

Thanks. :kiss:

(I subscribed and favourited!!)

Those are stunning videos, thanks so much :)

the rest of my videos - front row center!

POLITIK (WITH VIVA LA VIDA PIANO INTRO)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

LOVERS IN JAPAN (WITH GNOSSIENNE 1 INTRO)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

DEATH & ALL HIS FRIENDS

[ame=

]
[/ame]

THE SCIENTIST

[ame=

]
[/ame]

LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR ii

[ame=

]
[/ame]

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH for these videos!!

Unbelievable that you managed to hold the camera so still - you were so close!

And the audio quality is amazing too! :bomb:

Thanks. :kiss:

(I subscribed and favourited!!)

haha you are so welcome!! I was leaning my arms on the barrier in front of me to hold the camera still

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OVIVqT9trA]YouTube - Fix You - Coldplay FRONT AND CENTER Live at The Home Depot Center - 7/18/09[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TfmfycmLdA]YouTube - In My Place - Coldplay FRONT AND CENTER Live at The Home Depot Center - 7/18/09[/ame]

To JenLynch

JenLynch from DC(?)...I'm glad you agree that the fans weren't great at this show. I bought both a pair of pit tickets and a pair of tickets in section B2 on the floor, 5 rows back. I'm glad I sold the section B2, because as you mentioned, the pit area was ENORMOUS and I felt sorry for anyone NOT in the pit.

Someone else said they were busted for standing in on floor seats (a safety issue).

In the pit area, they didn't let you sit on the metal seat attached to the baracade, either - you had to sit on the grass (plastic on the grass). It smelled bad, so you had to stand. Assuming you arrived at 6 PM like we did, we were standing for basically 5 hours saturday night, a long time. Saw a lot of young people in sandals (flip-flops - beach shoes) and bare feet as well - foolish in the pit.

It did seem like the band was egging on the crowd soliciting more audience participation. Unfortunately, it didn't arrive. Again, Forum show last year was much better, in my opinion.

As far as demographics, I saw a lot of families in line at 6 PM with blankets awaiting the grass seats, and many people which appeared to be in the 35-40 years old demographic. A lot of couples, like us, at the show, too, which was great. A few people alone, but mostly with other people (two girls, two guys, guy-girl couples, etc).

I would say the bulk of those in the pit were somewhere in the 23-40 age range, 65% female, 45% male.

I agree with most of the people on this thread. I really don't know what it is about California audiences and Coldplay concerts. I've been to quite a few already myself and have either been on the floor or pit...and compared to videos I see of European/concerts outside of the U.S, I think we're just a bunch of ungrateful people who don't know how to enjoy a good concert. Let alone an amazing and soon to be legendary band.

After showing a few of my friends the first video off of this link: http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=435&page=0

...and seeing the crowd going crazy and jumping during the first moments of LIT...we vowed that we would encourage everyone else around us in the pit to jump at that moment also...and of course during every song they play! But sadly, it failed. The crowd failed. There were people along the front railing leaning on it and not showing much reaction when songs like "Viva la Vida" or "Clocks" came on.

It didn't affect myself or my friends much, we enjoyed ourselves and the concert very much. But it is very sad and disappointing to think about now that the concert is over with.

I'd have to agree with everyone on the crowd too. I was in row 9 of A2 and my section wasn't any better @Jenlynch . I've never seen such a group of uninspired people in my life, except for the couple next to me, we had a good time rockin out to the boys. I was the only one in my row to notice Wayne, our favorite dancing Roadie, and when Blue Danube started, I was pumped even more than I already was and so I told everyone it's about to start stand up!! i got 'are you crazy lady!!' looks from everyone... LOSERS!!!! :whip::whip:

I stood on my chair too but I guess since I was in the middle of the row the sec guards couldn't do much about that. No one was singing along, and one girl kept complaining pretty much the entire time that they hadn't played The Scientist,and she wanted her money back. :angry: I so wanted to tell her to shut the hell up and wait for the encore, they'd play it then, but I just ignored her. U wouldn't let her ruin my good time!

oh I'll try and post some pics, once photobucket stops being retarded and only letting me upload 1 pic at a time, got over 100 or so pics so that's annoying... but here are a few

DSC00107.jpg

^Miller!!!!

DSC00110.jpg

^Wayne!!! :dance:

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00148-1.jpg

DSC00136-1.jpg

Okay...just got back to the DC area last night around 1 am...just woke up now and am posting MY review of the show...

This was my fourth VLV show and by far the worst I've seen...so sorry to disagree :\ Our seats were in A2, row 18...but we were SOOOO far away! I thought we would be much, much closer...the pit was freaking enormous...MUCH bigger than the ones at other venues I've seen...so I'm sure the pit people had an amazing time...so jealous. :) Anyway, once people stood up, I saw NOTHING...I'm only five feet tall and couldn't see a single thing...it was like listening to LRLR in the car or something....my husband felt terrible...since he's like six feet tall, he could see everything, so he took like 200 pictures for me...I tried standing on my chair (which worked like a dream!), but the security guards yelled at me several times...

anyway, the crowd in our section was the worst crowd in the history of cp shows...seriously... NOBODY danced, sang, yelled, or even clapped!! What the hell, people? Why do people pay that much money to get floor seats and then not even do anything at the concert? The people beside us said they were just staying for a few songs and then would leave. From where we were, we couldn't even hear the crowd singing along at all...and I guess the boys couldn't either since they mentioned it like four or five times... I ridiculously love Coldplay, but I felt like they were just kind of trying to get through the show and get it over with because they totally were not the playful and enthusiastic band I saw in Pittsburgh.

But I completely understand...when you have to ask the crowd to sing along and then comment that we need to work on the lyrics (at the end of Yellow), you would just want to get it over with. I was really diasppointed... :( I'm sorry if people disagree if I ruined someone else's memories of this show. I'm sure we would have had a different experience if we were in different seats. Hopefully, the Raleigh show will be a better experience! As a quick side note though, this thread is by far the BEST thread I have seen for a concert. You guys freaking rock at posting and helping each other out. AMAZING!! :D

I agree with you at one point about the crowd.Some times i see in the shows some people are not really enthusiastic.I don't really understand why they pay so many dollars just to sit quiet and calm just starring ridiculously at other people.Some times they get drunk and spoil other people's moods.We people go there to enjoy if they don't.But they'll really spoil the mood of us with their weird looks and behavior.I don't know what's weird in it when they look like that.We're just enjoying Coldplay and we like them so much.We really have to ignore such a kind of ridiculously ridiculous people.:rolleyes:And i don't know just to leave after some songs,:shocked2:why do they even go to a show.If they are not at all willing to listen to whole show then.They can give the seats to the people who really are into Coldplay and like them.Why do the people who are non coldplay listeners or not so interested in them just listen some songs go to their shows.Any way they just take away the enjoyment of the persons who really want to enjoy Coldplay shows.But thankfully the areas i went in PA,NJ,NY are always great.We people here are just special when it comes to the CP shows.:)