✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Aww do feel better you don't deserve that! Sounds like the perfect chance to catch up on rest and relaxation if you can get away from the daily grind :D.

Aww, thanks Jeff. I'm feeling slightly more human. I had to do some errands this morning, but was wiped out when I got home, so I took a nap. :sleep:

We're up to 33 now!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where'd everyone go??? I get horribly sick for a week, and don't post much, and you all disappear? I'm feeling much better now and my glass of Chardonnay tonight attests to that. We're up to 37 on the facebook group, Tracey wants to get up to 42 :D Hell yeah, at least 42! Tickets are on sale now for some of the Latin America shows, unfortunately, they're ridiculously expensive...that sucks for those fans. Seriously, I don't know if I'd want to pay $200 for a standing ticket, either...I was bitching about $104 for my Tampa ticket! But now, I supposed I'd pay about anything to see them in Tampa again, lol.

So whelLre'd everyone go??? I get horribly sick for a week, and don't post much, and you all disappear? I'm feeling much better now and my glass of Chardonnay tonight attests to that. We're up to 37 on the facebook group, Tracey wants to get up to 42 :D Hell yeah, at least 42! Tickets are on sale now for some of the Latin America shows, unfortunately, they're ridiculously expensive...that sucks for those fans. Seriously, I don't know if I'd want to pay $200 for a standing ticket, either...I was bitching about $104 for my Tampa ticket! But now, I supposed I'd pay about anything to see them in Tampa again, lol.

You ask a very good question about where everyone went! I made my previous post yesterday morning, I think, and I was surprised to see no one had posted anything after it. Anyway, I'm glad you are feeling better. My husband and I can't decide what to do about the Latin American tour. Is anyone interested in going to the Monterray show? I didn't realize tickets were on sale already, and that they are so expensive. We have thought about flying to Harlingen, TX (southern TX) and taking a bus or something to Monterray. If we got enough Coldplayers who want to go, maybe we could charter a bus. :cool: It is about 165 miles from Texas to Monterray. Southwest flies into Harlingen. Am I crazy? :wacky: Still hoping for Tampa, though...

You ask a very good question about where everyone went! I made my previous post yesterday morning, I think, and I was surprised to see no one had posted anything after it. Anyway, I'm glad you are feeling better. My husband and I can't decide what to do about the Latin American tour. Is anyone interested in going to the Monterray show? I didn't realize tickets were on sale already, and that they are so expensive. We have thought about flying to Harlingen, TX (southern TX) and taking a bus or something to Monterray. If we got enough Coldplayers who want to go, maybe we could charter a bus. :cool: It is about 165 miles from Texas to Monterray. Southwest flies into Harlingen. Am I crazy? :wacky: Still hoping for Tampa, though...

Presale tickets went on sale today for some of the shows, to certain people, Banamex cardholders in Mexico I think, and Citi cardholders in Argentina. I hadn't been following too closely because I'd pretty much decided I wasn't going to go. Just for the hell of it, I did check airfare from LAX to Guadalajara and it is only $256, nonstop, roundtrip! And it's only a 3 hour flight. I had pretty much decided it was a no go, but was talking with my husband tonight, and he actually said that Mexico City is more interesting and maybe we should go there! He spent a summer in Mexico City when he was in college. Nonstops from LAX to Mexico City are only $333 and it's a 3.5 hour flight. So now I don't know what to do - push him more on it? Would that not be amazing? So Monterrey *looks* closer to the US and is closer to the border, but is harder to get to, with no non-stop flights.

Of course, I'd only want the front of the pit - I haven't even looked at seating charts or anything, I don't know if i should get excited about this or push him more.

Are you guys still in this thread? Wow, get over it guys, you'll see that in the next tour the boys will visit all major Floridian cities. :cool:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo:cry::P

I'm still here and waiting hoping, and I wanna know why Mr. martin insists on shaving his head when he thinks he's going bald???? He still looks good:kiss:

*Oh the pic is on the NY benefit thread, someone tweeted a pic of him and Alicia K.

UPDATE: LOT'S OF CHRISSY PICS NOW ON THAT THREAD, BLACK TIE EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo:cry::P

I'm still here and waiting hoping, and I wanna know why Mr. martin insists on shaving his head when he thinks he's going bald???? He still looks good:kiss:

*Oh the pic is on the NY benefit thread, someone tweeted a pic of him and Alicia K.

UPDATE: LOT'S OF CHRISSY PICS NOW ON THAT THREAD, BLACK TIE EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh, baby....Chris in a vest and tie...he's smokin hot. But I hate his hair that short. I like it short, but what is he doing? Going for the Will-look?

Gah, now I want to go to Bridge...but I'm trying to win U2 tickets, it's the same day. All the radio stations are giving away U2 tix this weekend...

Dianne, I sent the oracle a question about Why he shaved his head when he thinks he's going bald, and doesn't he know winter is coming:laugh3: I did say I loved the white shirt and tie too:wink3:

Good luck on the U2 tickets!!! Oh and he is back to wearing his wedding band and little pinky ring, I think he wears tape in concerts so he doesn't lose it.:)

I'm the biggest advocate of seeing the world through Coldplay there is (Udine...best ten days ever), but if you want to do a trip like that then, realistically, it's best if budget just isn't an option. It was for me, and I made it work, but not after going a little over what I had originally intended :P. If you want to fly to Latin America (which would be sooo much fun, don't think I haven't priced out a trip for fun hehe), then you've got to go to Rio de Janiero. Mexico City has changed a lot over the past however many years, and realistically you just can't guarantee your safety while there. Rio de Janiero is a beautiful city, and as the location for the Olympics in 2016 or whatever, they're security is going to be top notch (even though it was probably 5x better than Mexico City to begin with).

Think of it this way: you want to take a budget trip to Mexico to see Coldplay. Budget means budget hotel. Budget hotel in Mexico near the stadium (as I was reading in the "tips" thread means shady. Not-budget hotel means far from the stadium. And realistically, you're going to want to see some sights :D. Rio is so much prettier, safer, if maybe just a little more expensive. For however many more dollars, you're paying for your safety and you're making it into an exciting trip instead of a trek with an obligation.

But that's just me :P. Rio is a lot farther from NY than I originally realized, and the airfare was out of the question for me. Sans regard, I really hope one of you guys go to the Bridge benefit!!! And if not I'm checking online every day for a Tampa date :D!!! And glad you're feeling better!

I'm the biggest advocate of seeing the world through Coldplay there is (Udine...best ten days ever), but if you want to do a trip like that then, realistically, it's best if budget just isn't an option. It was for me, and I made it work, but not after going a little over what I had originally intended :P. If you want to fly to Latin America (which would be sooo much fun, don't think I haven't priced out a trip for fun hehe), then you've got to go to Rio de Janiero. Mexico City has changed a lot over the past however many years, and realistically you just can't guarantee your safety while there. Rio de Janiero is a beautiful city, and as the location for the Olympics in 2016 or whatever, they're security is going to be top notch (even though it was probably 5x better than Mexico City to begin with).

Think of it this way: you want to take a budget trip to Mexico to see Coldplay. Budget means budget hotel. Budget hotel in Mexico near the stadium (as I was reading in the "tips" thread means shady. Not-budget hotel means far from the stadium. And realistically, you're going to want to see some sights :D. Rio is so much prettier, safer, if maybe just a little more expensive. For however many more dollars, you're paying for your safety and you're making it into an exciting trip instead of a trek with an obligation.

But that's just me :P. Rio is a lot farther from NY than I originally realized, and the airfare was out of the question for me. Sans regard, I really hope one of you guys go to the Bridge benefit!!! And if not I'm checking online every day for a Tampa date :D!!! And glad you're feeling better!

Yeah, but remember I'm in California - I can go to Guadalajara and back in 2 days, and we have 3 kids at home to have to arrange someone to come stay with them, etc, so it's not just money that's going to factor into it, but time. Guad. is a 3 hour non-stop flight, Rio is between 16-22 hours flight time/connections. And I'm not necessarily talking about a budget trip, just that airfare to Guad. is dirt cheap.

And we were thisclose to seeing them in Tokyo in February :( We had a connection through Tokyo on our way home from Bangkok on the first day of Saitama. We looked into changing our flights and layover time, but we would have needed more than 24 hours layover, and United counts that as a separate flight. They wanted an additional $700/person to change our flight. But how amazing would that have been to have seen them in Japan?

Nothing is definite, just looking at some options. Let's just hope they reschedule Tampa soon :)

And we were thisclose to seeing them in Tokyo in February :(

AHHHH THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOOOO AMAZING :D :D :D!!! Wow that's really fantastic that you nearly had that opportunity you soooo deserve it too! Okay yeah my spacial relations between Rio and Cali in my head were a little off *glances at map above desk*. Maybe you can do Mexico City/Guad! Your husband probably speaks some Spanish because of his summer there (and you certainly may as well!), so if you can find a safe place to stay then maybe so!!! I'm just concerned about your safety :D. But absolutely shoot for the moon with these shows!!!

What's up with the Justin Timberlake look? :)

It is weird to see him in "normal' clothes.

So, no Tokio gig in MTV (USA)?

Sorry I got lost, I'm having problems with my hubby. ;(

I'm sorry about the hubby Marcia. I've been married almost 21 years and we've definitely had our ups and downs. I hope things get better for you.

So Tracey, how do you really feel? :p

BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH

It's too much for me.................... I am going to leave this place for awhile, to gather my thoughts about who my next big hearthrob should be......... Chris, Chris, why did you do this to us???? BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH..

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P!!

BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH.

I would throw a few curse words in, but I never swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink3:

Enough about stupid shaved hair Chrissy.... Marcia hope all is well and that it's just a Man being a Man thing.... No offense Guy's on this thread:P

It's too much for me.................... I am going to leave this place for awhile, to gather my thoughts about who my next big hearthrob should be......... Chris, Chris, why did you do this to us???? BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH..

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P!!

BLaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH.

I would throw a few curse words in, but I never swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink3:

Enough about stupid shaved hair Chrissy.... Marcia hope all is well and that it's just a Man being a Man thing.... No offense Guy's on this thread:P

Tracey, Tracey, Tracey - hair grows back.

Thanks guys. Last few years things got worst; so, I'm at the point where you have to decide whether you continue fighting for the relationship or just leave...

I've been listening a lot of the romantic Coldplay songs lately...

last week was not an easy one, but I feel better now.