✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Speaking for myself, as one of us who had the pleasure of seeing them in two other shows, one from near the pit, I carry a definite satisfaction. Coldplay did not disappoint at the shows I saw.

At the end of the Wheatland concert, Chris said that he looked forward to coming back to see us again in a few years. But if they follow the pattern of VLV, they will come out with a new album in mid-2011. I believe their contract with EMI specified 5 albums. They would probably tour during the second half of 2011 and through September of 2012, assuming they choose to follow the same marathon schedule again. If they found this too exhausting, they might not do the same kind of schedule.

I can understand how upset people must be, who were planning to see Coldplay for the first time in Tampa. One can only be patient until they return, whether that be in Tampa or Latin America next year, or elsewhere the following year when they release their next album.

I like to think they will return if enough Tampa fans write [email protected]. Tell them if this would have been your first chance to see them and how disappointed you are that they canceled. I think they might respond.

Look at the lyrics of one of my favorite Coldplay songs, DAAHF. It says be patient, don't worry:

chrissigbam87.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracey and Dianne,

I do hope that your attempts at making Coldplay find a date for a TAMPA concert are successful (fingers crossed). :) I agree that it would be nice with an official statement from the boys. Let's cross fingers. :cool:

Only one thing - I remember that some time back there was some confusion of the Anchorman's use of the words "cancellation of the Tampa concert" instead of "re-schedule" - I think that it was you, Dianne, who wrote that you were worried about the use of this word.

I just looked at the thread for the Wembley concert on 19-sep-2009: There was a very beautiful picture of Chris (for you, Tracey / MartinFan) and an extremely good picture of a laughing Will (for you, Dianne) - in fact it is one of the best pictures I have ever seen of will. Both pictures (and a few others) were posted today by Iriden. So if you haven't seen these pictures before, then take a close look. I think that your reaction might be: Now our feet won't touch the ground / feeling of flying / fainting or something like that. :laugh3:

Dianne / Tracey: Are you going to see Chris Martin or not in the near future?

Nancy, I saw those pictures in the Wembley thread - they were amazing, and it's great to have a good picture of Will because he always seems to be behind his drumkit or mics.

I don't think I'm going to the Bridge benefit this month...as of now, it's not likely at all.

I'm feeling the 7th for an announcement, don't know why, just seems right!

Tracey, didn't you say something about 10/10 awhile back, too? Keep up the positive vibes people!

Did anyone read The Lost Symbol? Noetic science? The theory that, in a very generalized way, everyone's collective thoughts can make things happen? Couldn't hurt.

Tracey, didn't you say something about 10/10 awhile back, too? Keep up the positive vibes people!

Did anyone read The Lost Symbol? Noetic science? The theory that, in a very generalized way, everyone's collective thoughts can make things happen? Couldn't hurt.

Yesss! C'mon guys collective thought :-D!!! I'm curious, what did you think of the ending? I've heard mixed opinions, but I loved it, the last few pages just didn't do much for me. Great reference btw :-D!

Yesss! C'mon guys collective thought :-D!!! I'm curious, what did you think of the ending? I've heard mixed opinions, but I loved it, the last few pages just didn't do much for me. Great reference btw :-D!

I had the big twist figured out pretty early - I thought the timing of the story very unrealistic, though.

I mean, the guy has his hand chopped off, and a few hours later, he's giving a tour of Washington DC?

The noetic science parts were interesting, and I'm always impressed by Dan Brown's research, the guy does his homework that's for sure, but the I thought the storyline was a bit weak. As for the last few pages, it's like he was rushing to finish the book, by cramming all those "great mysteries" and things Langdon "just had to see" in, and it just seemed rushed to me. I think Angels and Demons is my favorite book he's written.

I dreamed of seeing a date on a clip board in my dream and it said October 10th!!! It looked like an official TOUR clip board, who knows, positive thinking.... besides I really need to hang with all you fine people at the Miller Beer tent, (DIANNE):D

HI JEFF!!!

I dreamed of seeing a date on a clip board in my dream and it said October 10th!!! It looked like an official TOUR clip board, who knows, positive thinking.... besides I really need to hang with all you fine people at the Miller Beer tent, (DIANNE):D

HI JEFF!!!

Now, now, Tracey - what did we say about drinking earlier today? Hmmm???

:drunk:

Hey hey Tracey how are you :D? Care to give me some names of all of these wonderful folk?

And Angels and Demons was phenomenal. I hate to bring it up again so soon but while in Italy I took the Angels and Demons Tour of Rome and it was fantastic! The Vatican wouldn't let the tour in the Pantheon, so the guides stayed outside while we walked in haha. The statue in the Chiesa Santa Maria della Vittoria has been "under construction" since the release of the movie and the priest was urging us to leave. It was sooo cool!

HI JEFF!!!

:o:o:o

Thursday announcements

I may be wrong

(once I was wrong - I thought I'd made a mistake, but I hadn't - haha I'm so funny)

but Live Nation announcements for Coldplay tour dates are often made on Thursdays after close of business in the UK. I'm pretty sure they will announce more Latin America dates, so I'm expecting them to be announced on Oct 8th.

Just my speculation.

wrong?

It's a really good thing, in reality, that I've grown accustomed to being wrong and now I 'm not sure I'm ever right anymore. Makes for interesting debating, though. :laugh3:

But we'll wait and see on this one.

Your right Ziggy:D, as my time quickly keeps passing by, I find myself, finding out I am wrong quite a bit and can admit it, where in my younger day's I was NEVER wrong and would never admit being wrong:lol:

I can vouch for that - with 2 teenagers living at home, the younger you are, the more "right" you are, and the "old" people are always "wrong." Cuz you know, teenagers know everything (and no offense to the teenagers in here, really.)

Let's hope both of you are right, and we'll hear something by the end of the week??? Come on, the power of collective thinking, right Jeff?

Anyone want to try calling LiveNation just for fun :)?

Well I'm not calling them, but I did just send a email to them, asking if they cancelled the concert or did Coldplay management finally call and cancel, and if they have heard anything about a re-schedule at a different venue, since the last thing we were understanding was that they were working to re-schedule.

Oh well I will post their reply, but I am sure it is some idiot who have probably been sent this same sort of email from many other Coldplay peeps:D and is tired of all the complaining:laugh3:

Well I'm not calling them, but I did just send a email to them, asking if they cancelled the concert or did Coldplay management finally call and cancel, and if they have heard anything about a re-schedule at a different venue, since the last thing we were understanding was that they were working to re-schedule.

Oh well I will post their reply, but I am sure it is some idiot who have probably been sent this same sort of email from many other Coldplay peeps:D and is tired of all the complaining:laugh3:

You are right. I don't think you will get an answer fron LiveNation.

But we still have the "Laws of attraction" Lets all keep thinking that we will have a rescheduled date soon and we might get it...

Positive thinking :)

Tomorrow's the 7th (my prediction), the next day is the 8th (the logical prediction), and then the 10th shortly thereafter (Tracey's prediction) :D.

Hope I'll get the chance to see you soon! Very curious to if there will be any mods in the Latin American setlist!

My Response from LN

Dear Patron,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Care with your inquiry!

The artist and their management made the cancellation. Please respond to this e-mail if we can be of further assistance regarding this or any other inquiry.

My Response from LN

Dear Patron,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Care with your inquiry!

The artist and their management made the cancellation. Please respond to this e-mail if we can be of further assistance regarding this or any other inquiry.

Wow, that was a prompt response, unlike, um, a certain BAND who shall remain nameless, who didn't even let their fans know anything.