✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Ziggy, you made my day!!! I am just bummed out, cause The Monterrey tickets went onsale this past weekend, and I know now that Florida has been left off, I would think if they were gonna play it would have been tagged onto the end of this show:cry:

Marcia, I am in central florida and it was upper 60's during the day yesterday and today it is breezy with a high of 70, but the breeze has made it seem cooler, brrr.... our low was 49 this morning, but uppers 80's by the end of the week, I just hope halloween it's a bit cool out.

Oh Ziggy, you made my day!!! I am just bummed out, cause The Monterrey tickets went onsale this past weekend, and I know now that Florida has been left off, I would think if they were gonna play it would have been tagged onto the end of this show:cry:

Marcia, I am in central florida and it was upper 60's during the day yesterday and today it is breezy with a high of 70, but the breeze has made it seem cooler, brrr.... our low was 49 this morning, but uppers 80's by the end of the week, I just hope halloween it's a bit cool out.

:cry: Maybe the boys will surprise us at the last minute with a pop up gig in South Florida. You never know.

Today was kind of warm. I'm back to A/C :\ Last month I had a $400 electric bill (mostly A/C). Hopefully it will be cooler for Halloween.

49 is cooooold.

Ha ha ha ha...I've been away for awhile - I've been sick...so I came back on to check my Will thread, to find out that I've made the shortlist for Biggest Will Fan...ha ha ha, that's hilarious...of course I am the biggest Will fan! Good God, I had a dream about him the other night - my poor husband, lol. So go vote for me, if you're so inclined. Um, how to get there? I don't have a link, but it's in the General Discussion Area...

Did you go to see U2 in Tampa?

Indeed, and made it front row! FREAKING FRONT ROW! :dead::wacky::sweatdrop:

Check my video(s):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJYfZ0LzlOg]YouTube - U2 - Magnificent - Tampa, FL Oct 9, 2009[/ame]

Ha ha ha ha...I've been away for awhile - I've been sick...so I came back on to check my Will thread, to find out that I've made the shortlist for Biggest Will Fan...ha ha ha, that's hilarious...of course I am the biggest Will fan! Good God, I had a dream about him the other night - my poor husband, lol. So go vote for me, if you're so inclined. Um, how to get there? I don't have a link, but it's in the General Discussion Area...

Yeah well, I am gonna depart these threads for awhile, these people scare me... I was nominated with 3 others for Scaring Coldplay into retirement, WTF??? I didn't even see a thread for this cat. so who nominated me and the others? Oh wait let me guess:thinking: I will vote for you, but I don't feel deserving of my nomination:P

Indeed, and made it front row! FREAKING FRONT ROW! :dead::wacky::sweatdrop:

Check my video(s):

I'm so jealous!!! I was that close for the Elevation tour, Bono sang with or withouth you right in front of me :stunned: (He looked at me, I almost fainted)

I wanted to go to Tampa so bad, but I had personal problems that day. I will have to see the show tomorrow night live from LA. Dianne, are you going? You should...

If they ever come back on 2010. I'm so there.

How much you paid for the tickets?

I love Magnificent, :cry::cry: Why I didn't go? :cry:

Yeah well, I am gonna depart these threads for awhile, these people scare me... I was nominated with 3 others for Scaring Coldplay into retirement, WTF??? I didn't even see a thread for this cat. so who nominated me and the others? Oh wait let me guess:thinking: I will vote for you, but I don't feel deserving of my nomination:P

:laugh3: Scaring Coldplay into retirement :laugh3: I have an idea who nominated you.

That is funny, (sorry Tracey).

Dianne you deserve that nomination though. ;) I know about the Coldplay-dreams, most of us have had at least one ... :wink3:

These days, facebook is more fun anyway...now that there aren't any concerts, rehashing old news just gets, well, old...

I didn't look at any of the other categories - someone mentioned it on the Will thread, and that's the only way I knew...

I totally get the scarey people, too...WTF is right.

We just got back from a day at Disney's California Adventure, then went across the courtyard to Disneyland to get our pics taken for our passes - it was insanely crowded, and I don't know why. We used to have annual passes, but they expired a few years ago, and we just decided to get them again. We only live about 20 miles from Disneyland. I'm exhausted - 8am soccer game and we had to be there at 7:15am, then Disney...time for bed.

U2 announced the North American 2010 leg. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

They are coming to MIAMI !!!!

I'm very very happy :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

MIAMI :rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yess Yess Yess :clap::clap::clap:

This is almost as Coldplay doing the Tampa gig. I said almost :)

@Yangarin: Congratulations my dear! :cheesy::dance::guitarist:

I just got my 3 GA's during the presale, and I'll tell you that Tampa was easy to get front row, Miami will not be easy, as LA was.

The hardcoreness in there is going to be rocking LandShark at its best. :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

Is everyone OK?

"Is everyone OK? ... Is everyone OK on this side?..." [Chris then grabs the energy and swings his arm around as he swoops down in a kind of twirl before singing "In My Place."] This was one of my favorite moments in the concert.

How I miss the Prince from Devon. I still hold a secret hope that they will swing by Tampa while they are in Mexico, but I'm a hopeless dreamer.

• 1 month later...

Oh, Rainy Day, Come down, down, down. Sometimes, I just want it to slow down...

So, how are things in Tampa and Florida? (I do know FLA is a big state!) Has it been as rainy and cold there as it has been here in California? We're getting a break from a series of storms and the sun actually is out now again but the rains are expected to return Tuesday for another monsoon type rain. We do need it because we had a drought before this.

I have a Youtube friend in Buenos Aires who has her ticket for the 2/26/10 show there. She invited me to come and visit. I can only dream of that... I think B.A. must be beautiful now, in the middle of summer. One day, I'll get my act together and be ready and able to do these kinds of things at the drop of a hat! As I said, I can only dream!

I love Coldplay's "Rainy Day":

Oh, Rainy Day, Come down, down, down. Sometimes, I just want it to slow down...and I love it when you come over to my house, come over to my house."

It gives the feeling of being inside and cozy on a rainy day with a good friend, very sweet!

So, how are things in Tampa and Florida? (I do know FLA is a big state!) Has it been as rainy and cold there as it has been here in California? We're getting a break from a series of storms and the sun actually is out now again but the rains are expected to return Tuesday for another monsoon type rain. We do need it because we had a drought before this.

I have a Youtube friend in Buenos Aires who has her ticket for the 2/26/10 show there. She invited me to come and visit. I can only dream of that... I think B.A. must be beautiful now, in the middle of summer. One day, I'll get my act together and be ready and able to do these kinds of things at the drop of a hat! As I said, I can only dream!

I love Coldplay's "Rainy Day":

Oh, Rainy Day, Come down, down, down. Sometimes, I just want it to slow down...and I love it when you come over to my house, come over to my house."

It gives the feeling of being inside and cozy on a rainy day with a good friend, very sweet!

Dream out loud!

Diane, thanks for finding and sharing this! I got goose bumps when I saw that!

Coldplay @ Courtyard At the Ford Amphitheatre

Monday 08/09/10, 7:30 PM

Coldplay came through for Tampa!!!!!!!!

My travel voucher is dated 8/19/09, and I was informed that it was good for one year, so I can use it for this concert. (Now, I don't see an expiration date on it, however.)

They, or my love for them, makes life hard for me, though. Chris is always pulling on my heart strings!

I love the pic accompanying this announcement:

aport.ashx?id=435023&w=236

Once again, I am "WOWEDl"

I haven't found verification, but ran across this cute clip of Chris recording his part on an upcoming Simpsons:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3C8IqsXXQY&feature=player_embedded]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3C8IqsXXQY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I haven't found any other news about a Coldplay show in Tampa on AUG-9-2010.

A Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival show is scheduled for AUG 10, but nothing shown for AUG 9 and no mention of Coldplay. Hopefully, it is still in the works, but doesn't look promising now.