✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dianne is out sick, she has a sore throat, achy body, and so on... Feel better sweetie!!!

Reggie, My co-worker is in the hospital with viral meningitis, I am here at work by myself all week and next, I have 2 homecomings to deal with alone, (florist), and I don't think I have any spare time until she gets back:( Thanks for the vids, they are so awesome:kiss:

Thanks Tracey, I'm popping in here for a few minutes before the couch calls my name again. My son was home sick from school yesterday and after I called the sick line, I got an email saying there is some kind of respiratory/fever thing going around their high school that the Public Health Dept is now involved with and wants samples if you go to the dr. I don't think I'm that bad yet and he went to school today, me and lysol wipes and hand sanitizer are now best friends. My kitten and I had a nice nap, and I hope I didn't scare him too badly when I coughed. And a mom's work is never done - goalie practice is from 4:15-5, and it's one where we can't carpool.

Tracey- what a busy week for you! Homecoming already? I think ours is towards the end of the month - I don't know, but my son broke up with his girlfriend Tuesday...ahh, hormonal 16 year old boys breaking up, what fun, not.

I pm'd locaola86 and cyyoungcear - both had recent messages on another board about Tampa. I've posted in the comments section of Coldplay's facebook, too. We're up to 19, we need thousands. And then of course, I'm sure the naysayers will be back.

Thanks for the videos.

Tuesday...ahh, hormonal 16 year old boys

*high-five!* Feel free to let me know if you'd ever like help trying to get into his mind, but I know that a mother always does a better job! I could only imagine having a Coldplay mom in my dreams haha :P, your son is very lucky to have you!

@MartinFan: The hollowest of halos is no halo at all :D.

*high-five!* Feel free to let me know if you'd ever like help trying to get into his mind, but I know that a mother always does a better job! I could only imagine having a Coldplay mom in my dreams haha :P, your son is very lucky to have you!

@MartinFan: The hollowest of halos is no halo at all :D.

Takes one to know one, right Jeff? He's a junior, like you, and he's got a lot on his plate right now...he got the lead in the high school play, 2 AP classes (US History and Comp/Lit), precalc (with a teacher who is an idiot), drama exec board (marketing director - so he has to design the play posters and advertise), PSAT next weekend, a girlfriend (whom he's been friends with since 2nd grade) and his other best friends are girls - so I think that may have something to do with it. He won't tell me anything right now...oh, and he just spent a week grounded and 2 weeks without his car. I'm trying to cut him some slack, but I won't tolerate rudeness.

trouble

I'm skewered! I really really really must significantly reduce my internet time. Dianne, I dare not start another game or register on another web site, so no worries about that.

Facebook is the straw that's "breaking this camel's back". LOL As if hanging out here for hours a day wasn't bad enough.

Sorry that I was wrong in my speculation about a possible announcement today. Hang in there.

Dianne is out sick, she has a sore throat, achy body, and so on... Feel better sweetie!!!

Reggie, My co-worker is in the hospital with viral meningitis, I am here at work by myself all week and next, I have 2 homecomings to deal with alone, (florist), and I don't think I have any spare time until she gets back:( Thanks for the vids, they are so awesome:kiss:

That's OK, Tracey, I'm sure you would help if you could. Good luck with everything at work and home.

Takes one to know one, right Jeff? He's a junior, like you, and he's got a lot on his plate right now...he got the lead in the high school play, 2 AP classes (US History and Comp/Lit), precalc (with a teacher who is an idiot), drama exec board (marketing director - so he has to design the play posters and advertise), PSAT next weekend, a girlfriend (whom he's been friends with since 2nd grade) and his other best friends are girls - so I think that may have something to do with it. He won't tell me anything right now...oh, and he just spent a week grounded and 2 weeks without his car. I'm trying to cut him some slack, but I won't tolerate rudeness.

He sounds like a great kid! APs are brutal, they really make me think about how the school system has changed and I wonder where its going with competition so impossibly high. I'm in English (Language), US, and Chemistry, but also take pre-calc and am doing pretty well so if he ever needs help in US or pre-calc feel free to just send me a message :D. Wow, leading the play and promoting the play, that's something I could never imagine! Takes a lot of courage and showmanship, you must love going to see the shows! And he should be lucky he has a car :D. I guess things are different here in NY, you get a permit at 16 and a license at 17 after completing driver's ed, and I'm technically still 15 (turn 16 on Halloween haha) so I'm SO far behind my friends in driving! They'll all have licenses in a few months and I'm still waiting on a permit haha.

Junior year is tough but I'm sure everything will work out just fine :D!

He sounds like a great kid! APs are brutal, they really make me think about how the school system has changed and I wonder where its going with competition so impossibly high. I'm in English (Language), US, and Chemistry, but also take pre-calc and am doing pretty well so if he ever needs help in US or pre-calc feel free to just send me a message :D. Wow, leading the play and promoting the play, that's something I could never imagine! Takes a lot of courage and showmanship, you must love going to see the shows! And he should be lucky he has a car :D. I guess things are different here in NY, you get a permit at 16 and a license at 17 after completing driver's ed, and I'm technically still 15 (turn 16 on Halloween haha) so I'm SO far behind my friends in driving! They'll all have licenses in a few months and I'm still waiting on a permit haha.

My daughter is 17 and she is a senior and still doesn't have a permit!!! You don't have to have Drivers Ed, but if you do take it, the insurance company gives you a break. My son is nearly 15, and already is reading up on the permit, he can't wait, my daughter could care less:D

Yeah, well, except for some attitude, he's a good kid. This girl thing is new - he's had a couple of girlfriends, but they were for just a few weeks. 3 AP's must keep you pretty busy! Stories are rampant here about students with 4.5 GPA's not being able to get into UC schools. When I was in high school, my grades and extracurriculars were fine, and I went to UCLA, but now you need to spend summers in Africa helping the poor, Christmas in Antarctica helping the penguins, varsity letter in 3 sports, tutor at the homeless shelter and have a 2200+ SAT, too, it seems. Way too competitive for me...

The driving laws in CA are rather complicated. You can get a permit at 15 1/2, after you complete 30 hours of classroom instruction. Then you need to sign up with a professional driving school for 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction, and have your parents verify that they've spent at least 50 hours driving with you, 10 hours must be at night. Once you've had your permit for 6 months, you can get your license at 16, but it's provisional - for the first year, you may not drive passengers under 20 years old unless you have a driver over 25 years old in the car. Exceptions are siblings, with a note from your parents. You can't drive between 11pm-5am, unless you're coming home from a school related activity and have a note from the principal. He got his license in August, but turned 16 in April. We took our daughter's car away when we had to pull the "if you don't want to live by our rules, you don't have to live here" card with her and she moved out. It's a 2000 Jetta with 165,000 miles on it and a crunched trunk. He hates it, but it's a car.

He loves theatre, and is thinking of majoring in it in college, and thinking of NYU. He sings, too, and is in the choir at school as well as drama.

My daughter is 17 and she is a senior and still doesn't have a permit!!! You don't have to have Drivers Ed, but if you do take it, the insurance company gives you a break. My son is nearly 15, and already is reading up on the permit, he can't wait, my daughter could care less:D

The difference between boys and girls :) Can her friends drive her around?

How're the homecoming flowers coming along? Are your fingers sore?

Wow that's an awfully confusing system out in California! And it's exactly how you worded it with the penguins in Antarctica. The competition is ridiculous and the system just keeps swelling. It's got to burst eventually, doesn't it? And yea I haven't had a girlfriend for well over a year now, I guess I'm just too busy with classes :P. Tell me if this is any different from you guys, but our homecoming is a football game only. We have a pep rally too, and that's at 7PM one Friday night, both of which happened two weeks ago. None of those homecoming dances or fancy stuff :P.

Sorry our conversation was cut short on Facebook Dianne, I had to make another one in the middle of our convo. My fingers are not sore except the one pin hole in my bird finger:laugh3:

We make them with spray roses and bows, greens and babys breathe, you get 4 or 5 of the sprays and it cost's 15.00 plus tax, so 16.05 and our bouts are 8.56 with the tax, cheaper than what you paid:D

Oh and my daughters friends, most don't drive either, but she isn't allowed to drive with any of her friends anyways, I am kinda strict there, I will gladly take her and her friends or dates wherever they want and normally it's the Mall to hang out. I know, I know, I have worked in the florist business for 14 yrs and have made too many casket sprays and things for teens who died in accidents and I am unfortunatly very parinoid with teen drivers:embarassed::(

Sorry our conversation was cut short on Facebook Dianne, I had to make another one in the middle of our convo. My fingers are not sore except the one pin hole in my bird finger:laugh3:

We make them with spray roses and bows, greens and babys breathe, you get 4 or 5 of the sprays and it cost's 15.00 plus tax, so 16.05 and our bouts are 8.56 with the tax, cheaper than what you paid:D

Oh and my daughters friends, most don't drive either, but she isn't allowed to drive with any of her friends anyways, I am kinda strict there, I will gladly take her and her friends or dates wherever they want and normally it's the Mall to hang out. I know, I know, I have worked in the florist business for 14 yrs and have made too many casket sprays and things for teens who died in accidents and I am unfortunatly very parinoid with teen drivers:embarassed::(

I figured you got busy with the flower - suppose it's better than not being busy:) I suck at doing anything creative like that, I can knit, but that's about it. Hmn, flowers, gas, both way less expensive there - maybe I should move. Oh, but wait, don't you have BUGS there?

And Jeff, the Homecoming Dance is one of the big ones here. The football game is on Friday, and the dance is on Saturday. It's at the school gym, though, unlike Winter Formal and Prom, which are always off-campus. The other big dance is Sadies, and that's at the school, too. Dances have changed a lot since i was in school, that's for sure - we were never breath-a-lyzed on entry, like all the students are here. The sheriff who works the dance has some kind of flashlight thing they blow in. I haven't chaperoned (parents are not allowed to chaperone) but I did work the coat check for Winter Formal and Prom last year, and it was a lot of fun. I get to see what's going on, but I'm not allowed in the actual dance area, lol.

I started letting Brian ride with his friends about 6 months ago, after he turned 16. Because of the driving laws, the kids have had a year's experience, and it's mortified him more than once that I have actually checked driver's licenses and/or called the parents.

We're up to 22 on facebook, now. I'm stalking people who post comments on Coldplay's page, who mention Tampa ;) And I emailed rsvp again today.

Woohoo let's hope the consistency pays off! You all have done some great work :D.

And now that's something my school really misses out on, we don't have any dances besides senior year prom. Which of course is the student council's duty to organize so yayyy calling catering halls :D. It's probably best to not be allowed in the actual dance area, at least for someone like me (right now listening to the sonnet of Gravity by Coldplay) the music is so many planets away and just my total opposite haha.

MartinFan I think that's a fascination realization that the florist business taught you. I think we need more florists in the world!

I'm skewered! I really really really must significantly reduce my internet time. Dianne, I dare not start another game or register on another web site, so no worries about that.

Facebook is the straw that's "breaking this camel's back". LOL As if hanging out here for hours a day wasn't bad enough.

Sorry that I was wrong in my speculation about a possible announcement today. Hang in there.

Ziggy, you found facebook, there's no going back now...it's sucking you in...resistance is futile.

Woohoo let's hope the consistency pays off! You all have done some great work :D.

And now that's something my school really misses out on, we don't have any dances besides senior year prom. Which of course is the student council's duty to organize so yayyy calling catering halls :D. It's probably best to not be allowed in the actual dance area, at least for someone like me (right now listening to the sonnet of Gravity by Coldplay) the music is so many planets away and just my total opposite haha.

MartinFan I think that's a fascination realization that the florist business taught you. I think we need more florists in the world!

Jeff, just curious, how big is your high school? The school, Tesoro High School, my sons attend has 2600 students. There are about 1500 at the the main middle school (grades 6-8) that feeds into it, and then there are 3 elementary schools that feed to the middle school. My daughter's elementary school has about 650 students now (K-5).

Zach and Cody are from the devil. Just so you know...

Ok, so who thinks I should go to the Bridge School concert and see Chris solo? My husband's being a butthead, so I'm ready for a weekend away. lol.

Submit your votes here...yes for the Sec. 101, Row M, $150 ticket ($171 with damn fees), yes for a $75 Sec 200something Row P or worse ticket, or lame-ass lawn seat?

Zach and Cody are from the devil. Just so you know...

Ok, so who thinks I should go to the Bridge School concert and see Chris solo? My husband's being a butthead, so I'm ready for a weekend away. lol.

Submit your votes here...yes for the Sec. 101, Row M, $150 ticket ($171 with damn fees), yes for a $75 Sec 200something Row P or worse ticket, or lame-ass lawn seat?

If you've got the bucks, what the hell are you waiting for? Get the best possible seat - then rush the stage! And if you need a travelling companion .......