🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

HI EVERYONE!!! :D

17 days left!

Ok, so I've been trying to sell my tickets on Sec 7 to buy Pit. Posted my tickets for the second time on StubHub, waiting for someone to buy them online.

Also, my supervisor at my summer internship said she was interested. I told her exactly why I wanted to sell them (because I'm a crazy hard-core fan girl who NEEDS to be on the Pit)

My internship is over now, after 10 months, so I obviously gonna keep in touch with her.

We agreed on meeting the day of the concert. If anyhting, I'll sell her the tix on the spot anf buy Pit ones at the box office. If there are Pit tix left, which still are, as I checked Live Nation today - a lot of them it seems.

Keep fingers and toes crossed for me pleeeasseee! :D

Are there really pit tix available? I am so freaking tempted to fly to FL from CA for this last US show. I need to convince my husband that I *need* to do this. We have enough ff miles, but he already thinks I'm nuts. I went to the first US show of this tour in July, 2008 in LA, and I need to see the last US show, right? I would love to be in pit this time, we had great seats last weekend, but oh, the energy of the pit would be amazing. Is it a big pit or a small one? Does anyone know? At the Home Depot Center last Saturday, the pit was enormous - like 2000-3000 people. But at Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine the following night, the pit was only like 150-200.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

localola86, I hope it works out for you!!!!

lfdianne, You need to come!!! The pit I believe is 1400, pretty big, some pit tiks still available, there are still tickets available in different sections, I am surprised, since this is the last one in the states for a while:cry::cry:

lfdianne, You need to come!!! The pit I believe is 1400, pretty big, some pit tiks still available, there are still tickets available in different sections, I am surprised, since this is the last one in the states for a while:cry::cry:

Hmm, a little more research, and it looks like they will out the orchestra seats and the whole orchestra will be pit. So that is pretty big. Now to convince my husband...

Go work your Magic Dianne!!!:D

Yeah, I feel I need closure, to get psychological about it. I'm still disappointed about the timing of the meet and greet last Sunday - so my Coldplay needs are still a bit unfulfilled. But I'd want to be in front this time, and with a big pit like that. What time do the gates open and how early can you line up? Anyone know?

Ok I know this is really going out on a limb here, BUT.... Sir Paul (Yes the Fab Four), is playing Boston on Aug6th then plays in Atlanta Aug.15th, wouldn't that be cool if he just happened to show up for alittle sing along? I mean this is the tours last American stop? Might have surprises involved?? I know crazy, but Elton John made an appearence with them, who know's, doubt it, but it would be cool!!!:cool:

Kaleigh, if your close to the stage or ramp, try to get Chris to take one from you;) (glowstick)

that would be awesome!!! lol

hopefully I'll be right in front of him, first row...that would be sooooo nice!

but if I can't, probably the ramps or near b-stage.

The fact that this pit is 1400 people is freaking me out a bit, do you think getting there around 3 is good to get front row center?

Ok I know this is really going out on a limb here, BUT.... Sir Paul (Yes the Fab Four), is playing Boston on Aug6th then plays in Atlanta Aug.15th, wouldn't that be cool if he just happened to show up for alittle sing along? I mean this is the tours last American stop? Might have surprises involved?? I know crazy, but Elton John made an appearence with them, who know's, doubt it, but it would be cool!!!:cool:

OMG that would be so amazing!!!

I hope there are some special things planned for this show!!!

*crosses fingers and toes*;)

your supervisor seems lovely!!!!!

Yes, she is :nice:

She says her whole family likes Coldplay. She actually wants to take her parents and one of her sisters. I offered her my tix for $100 each, face value, sans fees. I know it's hard to shell out that much money, but I told her it's totally worth, AND that I really want to be on the Pit.

Are there really pit tix available?

Yes, there are still available.

I believe Live Nation is having a hard time selling out this concert.

I mean, Tampa has been hard hit by the real estate mess, and unemployment is 10% already, so even $50 lawn tickets are waaay out of reach for many :(

The fact that this pit is 1400 people is freaking me out a bit, do you think getting there around 3 is good to get front row center?

3 pm is a good time to be there for the Pit line.

I still planning on being there early regardless.

You will get Pit tix lola, so don't worry, and you will also sell your another Sec 7 ticket, so don't worry ok? :nice:

I'll be in Section 8, unless I get to sell it and buy Pit, I really prefer to be seated you know... Oh God, I don't know what to do, buying tickets is too stressful. :sick:

Here is the pit view that I took before the show last Saturday at Home Depot Center in Carson, CA. It was ginormous, and between 2000-3000. My son and I had seats in the 19th row of the first seated section and it seemed so far back.

P7170003.jpg

P7170002.jpg

^^wow, that is a big PIT :stunned:

sweet!! pit count: 3

awesome!! i'm super excited, kaleigh! :dance:

HI EVERYONE!!! :D

17 days left!

Ok, so I've been trying to sell my tickets on Sec 7 to buy Pit. Posted my tickets for the second time on StubHub, waiting for someone to buy them online.

Also, my supervisor at my summer internship said she was interested. I told her exactly why I wanted to sell them (because I'm a crazy hard-core fan girl who NEEDS to be on the Pit)

My internship is over now, after 10 months, so I obviously gonna keep in touch with her.

We agreed on meeting the day of the concert. If anyhting, I'll sell her the tix on the spot anf buy Pit ones at the box office. If there are Pit tix left, which still are, as I checked Live Nation today - a lot of them it seems.

Keep fingers and toes crossed for me pleeeasseee! :D

Lore!! No worries, i think you'll be able to sell your tickets on time and join us in the PIT :dance: and what an awesome supervisor you have!

Hmm, a little more research, and it looks like they will out the orchestra seats and the whole orchestra will be pit. So that is pretty big. Now to convince my husband...

oh i hope you and your husband can come, dianne! the more the merrier :)

yeah it's freaking me out too. but i think getting there at 3 would still guarantee a good spot :)

^^wow, that is a big PIT :stunned:

awesome!! i'm super excited, kaleigh! :dance:

Lore!! No worries, i think you'll be able to sell your tickets on time and join us in the PIT :dance: and what an awesome supervisor you have!

oh i hope you and your husband can come, dianne! the more the merrier :)

yeah it's freaking me out too. but i think getting there at 3 would still guarantee a good spot :)

If I come, I will be alone. We have 3 kids at home, and I think it's time for a mini-vacation for me. I can fly out on Saturday - it takes a whole day to fly east - and home on Monday. I just want to make sure I get front of the pit, and with 1400, well, it's going to get crowded. At Irvine, it was great, there were only 150-160 in the pit. While we weren't in the pit, we were able to sneak down to the 3rd row during The Scientist and LIT2, and we were *right* there. It was awesome.

If I come, I will be alone. We have 3 kids at home, and I think it's time for a mini-vacation for me. I can fly out on Saturday - it takes a whole day to fly east - and home on Monday. I just want to make sure I get front of the pit, and with 1400, well, it's going to get crowded. At Irvine, it was great, there were only 150-160 in the pit. While we weren't in the pit, we were able to sneak down to the 3rd row during The Scientist and LIT2, and we were *right* there. It was awesome.

oh ok :) and that's awesome you were able to sneak down to 3rd row!! :D

oh ok :) and that's awesome you were able to sneak down to 3rd row!! :D

It was amazing to be that close. We had orchestra seats to begin with, and we had wristbands from a meet and greet, so we just tried to look like we belonged. We waited until some people started leaving then just walked down. The girl who we ended up next to said the band's manager had been sitting in the seats we ended up in. Check out my pics in my sig- a few are from Saturday night, but the other 95 or so are from Sunday.

do the butterflies reach out to section 15?:thinking::D

I don't know. They had butterfly cannons set up in several places, just to the side of the stage, some a bit farther back on the side. Then at Verizon in Irvine, they had some set up in the middle of the venue. But, as we found out at Home Depot Center, a lot of where the butterflies land depends on any breeze. At HDC, they blew back to the stage. But the butterfly effect is so cool, and they shoot them out twice during LIJ.

Wow Dianne that stadium was huge!!!!! Nice pics.

It's a big soccer stadium, 30,000. But Verizon Amphitheater is smaller, 22,000 including lawn, and is a steep bowl in the side of a hill, so it feels a lot smaller. We were on the floor Saturday night, 19 rows behind the pit, and Sunday, we were in Orchestra, which is the closest section. Great seats Sunday night and we were right on the aisle the boys run up to get to C stage..

sweet!! if any one is going early, let me know & I'll try to get there then too.

it looks like the stage & stuff are a lot lower than I thought! this is good because I'm 5'2, lol