🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

17-May-2009: Lakewood Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA, USA

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with LRLRL, there was a very slow moving line exiting..and to leave, you had to get one...so it was kind of a pain.

They should just hand them out outside of the venue, so if people want one, they can get one, instead of putting everyone through it, because I heard people complaining they didn't really care.

OMG soooo good. I'm like freaking out because I've never seen them before. We were SO close to being under the roof but not quite, haha. Georgia's weather sucks... my shoes were soaked and my hair is also a mess but I really don't care. It was so worth it. I also got 11 of those paper butterflies. :cool: Chris sang Georgia On My Mind which was incredible, and then it went into Viva la Vida. Amazing night.

OMG soooo good. I'm like freaking out because I've never seen them before. We were SO close to being under the roof but not quite, haha. Georgia's weather sucks... my shoes were soaked and my hair is also a mess but I really don't care. It was so worth it. I also got 11 of those paper butterflies. :cool: Chris sang Georgia On My Mind which was incredible, and then it went into Viva la Vida. Amazing night.

Yay!! I'm glad that concert was your first!! It was the best one ever!! I was at the edge of the roof, but still got a bit wet, I think my camera failed towards the end because of the temp/rain.

Yay!! I'm glad that concert was your first!! It was the best one ever!! I was at the edge of the roof, but still got a bit wet, I think my camera failed towards the end because of the temp/rain.

Me too! I'm going to two other concerts this summer but I know that nothing will compare, haha. It was amazing. Yeah, the rain stopped after awhile but then started back again. :\ Aw, sorry about your camera.

the crowd was great...before the encore, the entire crowd starting chanting the viva la vida chorus "whoaaa aaaaaaaa" it was great.

and as we were leaving, (very slowly, b/c people were being handed one by one their free cd) it was a big mob...but people were chanting the viva la vida chorus again, as we were all waiting to file out...it was great! now im sorta sad its all over

the crowd was great...before the encore, the entire crowd starting chanting the viva la vida chorus "whoaaa aaaaaaaa" it was great.

the crowd was really awesome!!! Chris said after they came out when we started the viva la vida chorus, that that is what keeps them going, etc.

and they were hitting the chairs in unison before the encore, they really got together fast.

and while waiting for the LRLRL album, they did the chorus again!

oh & after Yellow, Chris wanted us to carry the ooooo at the end & put it on youtube as the longest & loudest one ever

Really great show tonight. Had tons of fun right in the front of the pit. Georgia On My Mind during the B stage set was really nice. I got a lot of great pics which I'll post probably tomorrow, right now i'm exhausted.

and as we were leaving, (very slowly, b/c people were being handed one by one their free cd) it was a big mob...but people were chanting the viva la vida chorus again, as we were all waiting to file out...it was great! now im sorta sad its all over

Yes! I don't know if I've ever clapped for so long...

Hahaha, I heard that! I was like "That's amazing", lol. I know, I'm sad it's over too. :(

Good morning Coldplayers! Last nights show was really fine. Twitter just sucked though. Everyone I asked up in the front of the pit was having

a bitch of a time getting anything phone related to work at all. Very frustrating.

As for the show ...the setlist was indeed virtually the same- but Glass of Water sounded great. In fact the sound in general was really, really good. Chris's voice in fine form and good volume from the rest on harmonies. People went nuts for 'Georgia On My Mind' and it was really well sung.

I thought Chris seemed a little more 'in the moment' than some shows that have seemed like autopilot performances ... (Very chatty, a good bit of giggling, lots of grinning at Jonny, and LOTS of thanking the audience for coming out on such a rainy night.)...so I really enjoyed this one.

....and holy shit the rain. They came on and the skies opened up and it just poured for most of the show....& got cold. I was so proud of the crowd because they gave a ton of energy in the seats and lawn as well. At least it seemed that way from the pit.

I was a little worried that the boys might be a little road weary or uninspired but I think they really were focusedand having a good time.

Finally, on a personal note Chris grabbed my banner and propped it up on the piano..yay!

I'll post some inevitably mediocre pics / video shortly and in the meantime already excited for everyone going to the next show...I think y'all are going to have a great one.