✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-May-2009: Nissan Pavilion, Washington, DC, USA

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK! so basically my dad's family lives in South Carolina and this May we are going to see them....and well we were gonna stop in Wash. DC cus my dad wants to see one of his friends there, so while he is visiting his firend...ill be at the concert :dance:! but i just found out about this cus my dad told me this lastnight (what we are planning to do) so i got to buy a ticket for this concert too! SQUEEEE and i got pit seat right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bomb:

I ended up with Section 101, Row T. The first time I tried I got Row W, but that seemed really far back. I got row T the next time, and opened up a new window and got section 202! So I panicked, and figured I better stick with row T. Congrats to everybody who ended up with pit seats!!

I can't wait, I'm so excited :)

you know what else guys....i dotn think they will be doing a runner with this concert....cus they dont have a show the next night....:freak: Chris might come out and take pics/ autographs like he has been doing in Australia after the show :freak:

*tries not to get hopes up :bomb:*

hahah HELL YES!!!!! :bomb: this concert is gonna be amazing!!! so many coldplayers and a lot of us seem to have awesome seats- the pit is gonna be filled with coldplayers! YAH! :dance:

if anyone wants to they can friend request me on here and facebook too for meetups or whatever...just send me a message ;)

OMG, a meetup would be great! I am going to the show with two others who are not on this forum, but we've been to fan meetups for other bands before and it's always a blast!

Unfortunately it's a weeknight concert, and I don't live/work that close to the venue...I'm already leaving work early on May 19 to see Keane in DC (anyone here going to that one too?!) so it could be hard to sneak out on the 21st for Coldplay :laugh3:

How about we pick one of the bars inside Nissan and meet there when the gates open? What my friends and I will probably do is one of us will stake out a spot in the pit and the others can meet up at the bar with the coldplayers; then we'll switch so each of us gets a chance for a drink among friends ;)

@guyluvsliz, it's so lucky that you're able to catch a gig while traveling for another reason!!

Lizzzzzzzzz, it's going to be so awesome to meet you! although it'll be hard if you're staking out the pit and I'm stuck up in 103 :disappointed: But still, we'll figure it out and it'll be awesome :D

Maybe we can find someone in the Coldplay crew and convince them to let me sneak into the pit with you :lol:

edit: Also, regarding trying to meet the boys after the show, I REALLY want to do that, but it depends on who's taking my other ticket :\ if it's a friend, they probably won't be willing to wait around :uhoh:

yeah! same here zoe! :D i wish i could tell them your like my lil sister or something who cant be left alone and she NEEDS to be in the pit with me :lol: :P or else she will cry :bigcry: :lol:

are u thinking of making a sign zoe....? or anyone for that matter?! im def. gonna make a sign!!! :dance:

I MUST MEET THE BOYS!!!!!!!! :dead:

I just heard that the pit can either be get there early and stand in line to get in or they do a lottery so you don't have to arrive early. I will try to find out which it is but if any of you find out I would love to know. Rather not wait around to find out its a lottery.

Logarithm--I hope your mom does not back out because its the pit. I'm wondering if I will last and its nice to know my husband and I won't be the only older ones there plus we would love to meet her and any other fans if you don't mind hanging out with old people (40's).

By the way what will your signs say?

what?! it better not be a lottery! :angry: that would suck if some of us get stuck in the back of the pit.......we are coldplaeyers and we arent afraid to wait in line for hours goddamit to see coldplay :lol: :P

im not sure what my sign will say yet either......but ill be mostly on Guy's side of the stage if i can trying to get his attention :sneaky:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 2 pit tickets to this show. This doesn't seem right. How was the venue - let alone THE PIT, not sold out? Can anyone explain this to me? I paid 500 for a pit ticket a couple of years ago, and from my estimation, Coldplay hasn't gotten any less popular.

I just got 2 pit tickets to this show. This doesn't seem right. How was the venue - let alone THE PIT, not sold out? Can anyone explain this to me? I paid 500 for a pit ticket a couple of years ago, and from my estimation, Coldplay hasn't gotten any less popular.

I was wondering the same thing! I was considering going to this show when I was visiting a friend, but we ended up changing the dates. If you go to Live Nation now and use the 'select a seat' option thing (the graphical layout that shows the exact seats) you can get amazingly good seats... PIT, first 10 rows in the front sections... it's so weird... Anyway, I'd suggest anyone who hasn't gotten tickets, or wants better ones, to go to Live Nation now and use that option to select your seats!