✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-May-2009: Nissan Pavilion, Washington, DC, USA

Does anyone know what this time switch means for lining up for the pit/soundcheck? should I get there earlier to line up, and will soundcheck be earlier? because I can't get there earlier than 2... :\ :thinking:

apparently the gates still open at the same time, which I find odd :shrug:

edit: wait, can you not even line up before 4? :thinking:

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume that you cant line up until the gates open at 4.

My question is this...since I have never had pit tickets...what the heck do you do if you have to pee? You basically have to go from 4pm until like 11pm without going to the bathroom or you lose your spot?

All of the Coldplayers should look out for each other in the pit :) Cause there's no way I'm going 7 hours without going to the bathroom (or buying some more Coldplay merch :P), but I don't want to lose my spot because of it! So we should stand up for each other :dance:

I think we'll recognize each other cause we'll be the ones sprinting to the pit when the gates open, while everyone else is walking :lol:

Good point about the pee issue. I hope I can withstand. Personally I'm wondering how hot it will be in the pit. Is it so many people cramming together that your sweating. If so then I think I may wear shorts instead of jeans. Just Liz alone is going to put off so much heat staring at Guy that it could raise the temp 10 degrees. HaHa. Also, tennis shoes or flip flops? Anybody else have clothing issues?

I am wearing shorts for sure. I would definately not wear flip flops or you might fall running to the pit lol. I am SO glad its not raining today or tomorrow because once I get in that line at 4pm, my butt is sitting on the ground!!

I am wearing shorts for sure. I would definately not wear flip flops or you might fall running to the pit lol. I am SO glad its not raining today or tomorrow because once I get in that line at 4pm, my butt is sitting on the ground!!

Hey peeps!

Last night I saw Keane in DC and they kicked butt! It was a good warm up for Coldplay for sure :-) Got some amazing pictures and really hope security is cool about cameras so I can get some pictures tomorrow night :dance:

Can't wait to meet the coldplayers!

Hoping to get there around 4:15 or 4:30 and my friends and I are bringing a couple of decks of cards so we can pass the time in the pit until all the casual fans show up closer to 7:00 :laugh3:

Nothing more to say, just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Oh, and sorry if you wind up standing next to me because I plan to sing my heart out through the whole show LOL!

Going to Nissan!

Hey all,

I'm new here, and this will be my first time going to Nissan tomorrow. I'm hearing a lot about the 4pm parking, does anyone know about the premier parking and how that works? I know it's $20+ or something like that, but I wonder how I can get it.

Also, are there bathrooms before doors anywhere?????? I hear that there are porta potties somewhere, and before you get to Nissan that there is a Target/Burger King 5 minutes away from the venue.

What happens if you get there at 2pm, is there anywhere to park temporarily?

Thanks all!

Alex.

The warmth of 'Coldplay' extras

0520coldplay_web.jpg

Concert attendees receive band's latest album

Coldplay When: 8 p.m. Thursday Where: Nissan Pavilion, 7800 Cellar Door Drive, Bristow, Va. Details: $24.75 to $97.50; 703-754-6400; http://www.livenation.com

Put Coldplay's three 2009 Grammy Awards and front man Chris Martin's marriage to actress Gwyneth Paltrow aside for a minute.

Coldplay has just proven -- once again -- that they're not caught up in all the traditional rock-and-roll egoism. Late last week, the band members announced those who attend the "Viva La Vida" summer tour will receive an exclusive live CD, "LeftRightLeftRightLeft," free of charge.

"Playing live is what we love," the British alt rock quartet released in a prepared statement. "This album is a thank you to our fans -- the people who give us a reason to do it and people who make it happen."

Coldplay has been riding high musically since last summer's "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends," which won the coveted Grammy for Best Rock Album of the year and other honors.

Publicists for the band have long said that the group doesn't fit into the popular music mold due to its "soulful, haunting, intelligent songsÉ" But others said the band, which had its first major label release in 2000, actually doesn't fit in because it achieved popular success fairly quickly.

Jefferson Evans of Alexandria said he thinks the band's decision to release its current album free of charge may compel many to listen to the band without automatically dismissing them as a pop phenomenon.

"I think it is a good ideal. They have gotten big enough to suffer a bit of the inevitable backlash when a band becomes 'too popular,'" said Evans. "I had e-mailed a number of friends after listening to the [latest] album, saying I was pleasantly surprised, and one had responded 'I promise not to tell anyone you listen to Coldplay.' [This will] create goodwill to solidify their base and counter any real or perceived backlash out there."

Although Glen Boyd, assistant music editor at BlogCritics.com, doesn't think the tour will boost the band's popularity, he does see it as an interesting marketing move.

"Coldplay emulates Radiohead in a lot of ways, so it only makes sense that they would follow the free download model established by Radiohead with 'In Rainbows,'" he said. "I don't think it will make a bit of difference as far as boosting their popularity or ticket sales though. They are already one of the biggest bands in the world."

Don't think the free album giveaway is the only way Coldplay is reaching out to fans, presumably to retain the "biggest band in the world" title.

LiveNation and Coldplay Web sites are filled with rave reviews of the concerts with fans talking about how the band members ran into the audiences, played from mini-stages situated to everyone could see them, and otherwise reached out.

"The concert is completely worth it," said one fan. "The [band members] talk to you and make you feel worth it when you are there."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/

can you just excuse me for a second, I need one last giant squee before I get off the forum until after the concert...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew, done! okay, you'll hear from me via twitter tomorrow, and I'll be back on here as soon as I get home!

Good morning everyone! What a wonderful day to go see Coldplay! I live in Frederick right now, and I'm leaving here around 3, and going to camp out of my car till the doors open. I'm a disabled vet, so I'll be in a handicapped spot. Hopefully that'll put me fairly close to the doors. I'm in section 304 in row A. I can't stand for long periods of time, which is why I didn't get a pit ticket. Anyways, I'm excited! This is my first concert going solo though :(

Cellar Door Drive... weird name for a concert place.

I wonder if that is the reason that there are still so many tickets available?? :thinking:

50+ in all areas. Even GA pit.

This should be sold out!!!!

Have fun everybody going!! :dance:

Good morning everyone! What a wonderful day to go see Coldplay! I live in Frederick right now, and I'm leaving here around 3, and going to camp out of my car till the doors open. I'm a disabled vet, so I'll be in a handicapped spot. Hopefully that'll put me fairly close to the doors. I'm in section 304 in row A. I can't stand for long periods of time, which is why I didn't get a pit ticket. Anyways, I'm excited! This is my first concert going solo though :(

I'll be going to a Kings of Leon concert next month on my own.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!! And people going to see CP are nice, so I don't think you will have problems meeting people to talk to! :nice:

Please tell us how it was when you're back!

I hope you'll have a great great time !:nice:

And I'm sure you'll talk with other Coldplay fans around you ;)

Enjoy !