🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[CANCELLED] 29-May-2009: Toyota Pavilion, Scranton, PA, USA

The official Coldplay site says 'cancelled' and obviously they're going to know far more about the bands' plans than the venue.

They wouldn't have offered up the Hershey tickets if they'd planned to reschedule this one.

Yeh, but Im sure there something still available at Hershey, but I doubt that the seats they have for the Scranton ticket holders will be not be asgood since this was just announced and the tickets have been on sale for a while. It disappoints me because I was actually very happy with the seat I got (Section 204, Row A) and if I do get a ticket at Hershey, it will probably be at the back of the stadium or something. Maybe I am wrong, trying to be optimistic here.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it just depends whether you want to run the risk of getting an inferior seat for the same price or just taking the money. :\

Obviously they're not going to have many Hershey tickets, but I'd imagine they'd be good seats. The seats they held back for family/friends/upgrades last year were always pretty good.

hey guyss. i had tickets in the 202 section and im soooo mad that this show was cancelled. i just went to find tickets for the hershey show on livenation and it says: "*Scranton Customers, enter the password you received into the "Promotions and Special Offers Code" field during the purchase process to access your locations."

has anyone received this password yet?

hey guyss. i had tickets in the 202 section and im soooo mad that this show was cancelled. i just went to find tickets for the hershey show on livenation and it says: "*Scranton Customers, enter the password you received into the "Promotions and Special Offers Code" field during the purchase process to access your locations."

has anyone received this password yet?

You supposedly get the code when you for your refund, but they just announced it today so I doubt anybody has it yet. Also supposedly they are not taking refunds yet so who knows. Doubt they have several thousand quality seats on hold for the Scranton customers. This is the most random cancellation, they have a concert the next day and they will be in the Northeast, so what's the conflict? I really hope I can get a seat in Hershey. Does anybody know what kind of seats they are offering?

It might be something personal, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt, they wouldn't do anything to intentionally piss off fans.

I'm sure it's not Coldplay themselves (even if it was, than I'm sure it's a good reason) but I think it's the people who handles scheduling and all that. But I don't know.

*Scranton Customers, enter the password you received into the "Promotions and Special Offers Code" field during the purchase process to access your locations.

Does that mean that if we chose, when we go to return our ticket, we can simply use the code given to us (WITHOUT get a monetary refund) to enter at hershey's website and get a ticket of equal value without going through paying for the ticket (like credit).

Maybe they can't go cause they'll be supporting The Killers in Amsterdam this date :dance:

Now, serious. Í'm sorry for everyone who was supposed to be going. I would be very pissed and dissappointed. Hopefully they will just play there on another date.

Hi Coldplaying people,

I just joined to discuss the cancellation of my very first Coldplay concert! I could hardly believe that I was going to be hearing this amazing band sing their amazing songs that move me so much IN PERSON! Then I got the tweet :veryangry2:

Just a little while ago I got the e-mail from livenation confirming that the show has been cancelled and that my money would be refunded and I don't have to do anything. However, there was no mention in the e-mail about the magical code for the magical seats at Hershey. Perhaps the special seats are high above the park in the Kissing Tower?? :dozey:

If I end up getting seats at Hershey, I will be excited, too, but I had heard such great things about the Montage venue--very non-stadium like--that it seemed like it was going to be the most perfect concert experience.

Anyone else hear anything about the code yet?

-S

Hi Coldplaying people,

I just joined to discuss the cancellation of my very first Coldplay concert! I could hardly believe that I was going to be hearing this amazing band sing their amazing songs that move me so much IN PERSON! Then I got the tweet :veryangry2:

Just a little while ago I got the e-mail from livenation confirming that the show has been cancelled and that my money would be refunded and I don't have to do anything. However, there was no mention in the e-mail about the magical code for the magical seats at Hershey. Perhaps the special seats are high above the park in the Kissing Tower?? :dozey:

If I end up getting seats at Hershey, I will be excited, too, but I had heard such great things about the Montage venue--very non-stadium like--that it seemed like it was going to be the most perfect concert experience.

Anyone else hear anything about the code yet?

-S

Join the club, this was to be my first Coldplay concert too:cry:. Now I am going to be making every effort to see Coldplay at Hershey. I refuse to give up. I wondering if it will work like credit (if u already purchased the ticket and u just use the code to buy the ticket for hershey of equal value). They have some good seats available so I might upgrade.

Does Live Nation have other ways to purchase the tickets besides Hershey's box office and online. Does livenation have several offices in like department stores, etc (like ticketmaster)?

Interesting thing about Livenation I just found out: when you call their customer service number, it answers and puts you on hold whether they're open or not. I just found out their customer service number is only open from 10 AM - 5 PM Eastern on Monday through Saturday. But for some reason, when I called about an hour ago, they still let me sit on hold for 55 minutes until I finally found this out.

Awesome, right?

I hate to even think it, forget posting it...but could it be they just didn't sell enough tickets to justify 2 PA shows? Scranton was the more sluggish selling of the two so they consolidated to 1 show in Hershey which will likely fill better ????

I hate to even think it, forget posting it...but could it be they just didn't sell enough tickets to justify 2 PA shows? Scranton was the more sluggish selling of the two so they consolidated to 1 show in Hershey which will likely fill better ????

I don't know. Most of the tickets (non lawn seats) in Scranton were almost sold out. I don't about Hershey. But I have to move on. I will just my refund, take a trip down to Hershey this week and get a ticket. Maybe I'll get better seat than I had before. :) But its will be a pain because Scranton was 20 minutes away and Hershey is 2 hours away. :(

Think you hit it kspillers, there were a lot of the 200 section seating left yesterday. Also, they kept releasing more 100 level seating each day. It's too bad cause montage is a great place to see a show.

you bought them without the code? because im getting anxious here and i just want to buy the tickets already, hah.

Im not waiting for the code. From the looks of it, Hershey still has some decent tickets available so tomorrow I'm taking a nice day trip to Hershey and getting myself a ticket. I will see Coldplay!!!

you bought them without the code? because im getting anxious here and i just want to buy the tickets already, hah.

Nope i bought them with the code only.But what you mean by code?

Well any way i got tickets.:)

Im not waiting for the code. From the looks of it, Hershey still has some decent tickets available so tomorrow I'm taking a nice day trip to Hershey and getting myself a ticket. I will see Coldplay!!!

Yes, you will! That's the attitude!

Buying them at the box office is good, you get charge a little bit less fees.

I totally understand all of you. I bought two tickets for Robin Williams at my university's dome, and it got postponed.

NOT cancelled, "soon to be rescheduled" according to the email sent by Ticketmaster.

Meanwhile, the media says his comedy tour was cancelled because he had heart surgery.

AND Ticketmaster is still holding on from announcing the tour as CANCELLED.

Dang it! I want my money back!

I already wrote them an email about it.

Guess what? No reply yet!

I don't have time to wait on the phone. I guess I'll call in May, when I'm out of school.

I hadn't even thought of that, but you could be right. Since they've played PA a few times before on this tour maybe the interest for another two just wasn't there.