✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Jun-2009: Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA

Now that I got my sleep from two sleep deprived days due to seeing Coldplay in Cincy and in Indy, I can now give my review. First of all, this was my first Coldplay concert and Oxfam volunteer assignment so I really nervous about the day, but everything went fine. I met some awesome Oxfam folks who were really helpful, especially Lynn.

Anyway, the concert was awesome. Though Oxfam volunteers had to sit in the lawn section it was still worth it. The band was awesome, of course. I was singing along and having one hell of a time. Chris was funny!! I loved his comment about the Cardinals/Reds game and how he didn't know what the fuck that meant. LOL!!

I have to agree with a previous poster that Chris acknowledged Cincy a lot through out the show. I loved it when the band did Violet Hill and he sang that he was sitting in Cincy. That really got the crowd cheering. Of course, the crows went nuts when they sang VLV.

The band's version of GPASOYF was awesome!! That really got folks in my area dancing. Of course, the solo version of The Hardest Part was so beautiful. When Chris was singing that song I literally stopped singing and dancing. I was so mesmerized by the version. It was so emotional and touching that I knew I had to record that song when I was at the Indy concert.

The only things I can complain about have nothing to do with the band. It was the people who got so drunk and passed out. There was a girl who got so drunk that she threw up and passed out right before Coldplay came on. I'm sure her friend, who appeared to be sober, was ticked off. Then I saw another girl being dragged away because she had gotten so drunk that she passed out. One thing for sure, you could tell which fans were the true fans and which ones were just acquainted with Coldplay.

Oh...I did get some pics. I got a good one of Chris on the ground. Since the pics are on another computer at the moment, I will have to post them later.

cool tracy! sounds like you had a pretty great time!

sorry about those drunks. :\ i dont understand why someone would even pay to go to a concert then decide to drink so much that they pass out. *shakes head*

and it's awesome that you got to do the oxfam volunteering! :dance:

cant wait to see your pics!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482
Now that I got my sleep from two sleep deprived days due to seeing Coldplay in Cincy and in Indy, I can now give my review. First of all, this was my first Coldplay concert and Oxfam volunteer assignment so I really nervous about the day, but everything went fine. I met some awesome Oxfam folks who were really helpful, especially Lynn.

Anyway, the concert was awesome. Though Oxfam volunteers had to sit in the lawn section it was still worth it. The band was awesome, of course. I was singing along and having one hell of a time. Chris was funny!! I loved his comment about the Cardinals/Reds game and how he didn't know what the fuck that meant. LOL!!

I have to agree with a previous poster that Chris acknowledged Cincy a lot through out the show. I loved it when the band did Violet Hill and he sang that he was sitting in Cincy. That really got the crowd cheering. Of course, the crows went nuts when they sang VLV.

The band's version of GPASOYF was awesome!! That really got folks in my area dancing. Of course, the solo version of The Hardest Part was so beautiful. When Chris was singing that song I literally stopped singing and dancing. I was so mesmerized by the version. It was so emotional and touching that I knew I had to record that song when I was at the Indy concert.

The only things I can complain about have nothing to do with the band. It was the people who got so drunk and passed out. There was a girl who got so drunk that she threw up and passed out right before Coldplay came on. I'm sure her friend, who appeared to be sober, was ticked off. Then I saw another girl being dragged away because she had gotten so drunk that she passed out. One thing for sure, you could tell which fans were the true fans and which ones were just acquainted with Coldplay.

Oh...I did get some pics. I got a good one of Chris on the ground. Since the pics are on another computer at the moment, I will have to post them later.

Yaaaaaay!! You were in the group with my momma!!! She said you were one of THE sweetest people EVER! :)

Guest kmm1482
here are the first 2. I've got a few more that I will upload as well.

Fix You:

Clocks:

How close to the steps, where they came off stage, were you? you like you were REALLY REALLY close to me and my wife. and the beginning of the Fix You video it's looks like you might have gotten me taking a picture with my iPhone on the left!

That's pretty cool.

I was in section 200 Row A 3 seats from the aisle, so the aisle ended to the right of the small stage extension there.

(does that make sense?)

My wife was in section 100 row D right next to the stage extension. She said she could have touched Chris.

I've got a few more videos to upload. I may have caught you in one then when I panning toward section 100. I recorded the entire audio as well. I just don't know how to upload it or clean it up.

That's pretty cool.

I was in section 200 Row A 3 seats from the aisle, so the aisle ended to the right of the small stage extension there.

(does that make sense?)

My wife was in section 100 row D right next to the stage extension. She said she could have touched Chris.

I've got a few more videos to upload. I may have caught you in one then when I panning toward section 100. I recorded the entire audio as well. I just don't know how to upload it or clean it up.

Awesome! Oh please find a way to get the audio uploaded. I would love to have the audio of it for remembrance and would be forever grateful :)

Yaaaaaay!! You were in the group with my momma!!! She said you were one of THE sweetest people EVER! :)

Yeah!! I was in the group with your mom. She was so nice to me, and she was very helpful to this Oxfam newbie. That was so nice of her to say that I was one of the sweetest people ever. Sometimes I think I am too nice/sweet. LOL!!

Ok. I will upload my pics in a hour or two. I hope I have luck in uploading them.

Bad news...I can not upload my pics from this concert or the Indy concert. I had uploaded the pics unto my father's computer and the mother board in his computer went out. I had deleted the pics from the memory card (the Cincy pics only) because I was going to send the pics to have them printed up. Anyhoo...if I can get the pics transfer to another computer then I'll upload them. Sorry.

I am working on it and will get it up for everyone who wants it. It's not a great quality due to where I was sitting, but it should work.

That's awesome. Tried to get my camcorder in but security was too tight. Somebody uploaded the whole show over on Coldplay bootlegs. Would that be you?

Guest kmm1482
That's pretty cool.

(does that make sense?)

That's awesome! Me and my wife were in section 100 Row A seats 111 and 112, the seats LITERALLY in front of the steps they came down to go on C-Stage! Ask you wife about when they came down the steps and Chris took the little girls hands and said hi to her :) That little girl was in the seat next to me!

Can you please give a link? Is it on Dimeadozen? If so, I can't seem to find it.

I uploaded a torrent on Coldplaybootlegs. You can't find it there, since I have to reseed it. I'll be home later tonight and get it up and running again (It think)

I also will try to upload something in rapidshare and post that here as well. It's a pretty big, so that will take some time.

I uploaded a torrent on Coldplaybootlegs. You can't find it there, since I have to reseed it. I'll be home later tonight and get it up and running again (It think)

I also will try to upload something in rapidshare and post that here as well. It's a pretty big, so that will take some time.

Ah, I get you. Thanks, and I can't wait to hear it. :)

That's awesome! Me and my wife were in section 100 Row A seats 111 and 112, the seats LITERALLY in front of the steps they came down to go on C-Stage! Ask you wife about when they came down the steps and Chris took the little girls hands and said hi to her :) That little girl was in the seat next to me!

HA, you were like 3 rows directly in front of my wife (I think she was in 113?). I was just on the other side of the stage. We probably saw each other and didn't realize it. She said there were nto a lot of "fans" over there. Show mentioned the little girl with her dad and another couple... I wonder if that was you guys...

Ah, I get you. Thanks, and I can't wait to hear it. :)

I'll post a message as soon as I get it running tonight. (I'll drop you a PM too, just to be sure you see it).

the quality is rough due to my seats, so that's just a warning. I hope someone with some skills can remaster it and make it better for us.

I'll post a message as soon as I get it running tonight. (I'll drop you a PM too, just to be sure you see it).

the quality is rough due to my seats, so that's just a warning. I hope someone with some skills can remaster it and make it better for us.

Let me know too! :)

Guest kmm1482

photo.jpg

HA, you were like 3 rows directly in front of my wife (I think she was in 113?). I was just on the other side of the stage. We probably saw each other and didn't realize it. She said there were nto a lot of "fans" over there. Show mentioned the little girl with her dad and another couple... I wonder if that was you guys...

Yep! That was us!! I held my hand out when they came down. I should have known, I would get past up for a cute little 8 year old :) One of the most amazing nights of my life!! I got a pretty good pic of the steps they used. I didn't have to move an INCH to get this shot! didn't even have to zoom!

It's being seeded again, so it should be out there. I hope you enjoy (just remember... it's not the best of "quality", i just hope people enjoy and can remember)

Thank so much!! Can someone please seed this? I am stuck at 88%. Thanks!