✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Jun-2009: Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA

hey everybody,

first off, what a night. just an amazing show. I could not have asked for more. I was in the pit and was so close to the band. simply amazing.

anyway, I have a few questions that someone might be able to help me with.

One, does anyone know the improved lines that chris said while in the lawn about cincy? I couldn't quite make them out.

Two, does anyone know what it says on chris' right sleeve? It was in gold-ish writing.

Lastly, does anyone know where I can find an mp3/youtube of the viva techno remix? I really liked it.

Thanks so much!

and thank you coldplay for a great night!

Thought these might help you out =]

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482
hey everybody,

first off, what a night. just an amazing show. I could not have asked for more. I was in the pit and was so close to the band. simply amazing.

anyway, I have a few questions that someone might be able to help me with.

One, does anyone know the improved lines that chris said while in the lawn about cincy? I couldn't quite make them out.

Two, does anyone know what it says on chris' right sleeve? It was in gold-ish writing.

Lastly, does anyone know where I can find an mp3/youtube of the viva techno remix? I really liked it.

Thanks so much!

and thank you coldplay for a great night!

He said something about the Reds/Cardinals. He said also referenced Bootsy Collins and James Brown and a couple of other CIncy jokes.

Coldplay was fantastic. I turned my friend into a Coldplay fan, well really they did, but I dragged him there to the show. I had a great time, but the security was very very tight, which I didnt think would happen. I've seen two other concerts at this venue and both times it was very lax, must be under new management or something. Anyways, I had planned on taking my camcorder in and recording the show but I didnt get it in because they were searching people and making them empty their pockets. So I took mom's digital cam which they allowed me to take in, but the thing doesn't work, so no decent pics of the show for me, or a recording (I'm hoping somebody got their equipment in and recorded the show...I'll keep an eye out on trading sites).

When Coldplay was on their B stage on the other side of the crowd, I tried to go over there and security stopped me. They also stopped me again at the end of the show when I tried to go down to the stage for a picture. Also, two security ppl on bicycles in the parking lot came up to me twice and told me to go get in line or leave because there was no loitering, even though I was waiting on for my friends, so I wasn't happy with that.

Anyways the show was fantastic. I've got a big sandwich baggy full of multi-colored butterfly confetti, which I was scooping up and stuffing into my pockets after the show. I'm sure ppl were pointing and laughing at me. lol

0605090208.jpg

0605090208a.jpg

Coldplay came out through the crowd twice to perform on their B and C stages. The first time was on the opposite side, but the second time they came right up through our section, so I ran over and threw my hand out for a high five, didnt get one but I managed to tap Chris' arm as he ran by. Yay me. :D

Also, I had no problem getting a copy of the LeftRightLeftRightLeft cd, and I waited for the crowds to thin out to leave. Great CD btw.

Best concert I've ever been to. Going to see them in Houston in July and I can't wait. Maybe I'll get to record that one. :D

Ok! Having just got back a little bit ago, my mind is STILL reeling from what I just saw! Setlist is more than likely the same from previous nights. I sat at the left side of the stage, FIRST ROW! I was so close that when they came down the steps to go to C-Stage I could smell them! They smelled pretty good! Like some kind of mint incense. There was a little girl about 8 or 9 in the seat right next to me, and when the guys came down, I put out my hand and she put out her hands. As Chris saw her, he took both her hands and said something to the effect of "hiya sweetheart!" Chris was pretty funny tonight! Referencing Cincinnati, the Reds/Cardinals series, Bootsy Collins and James Brown! I've never been so close in my life! You could how much they loved playing! Chris got us all to do the very first (from what he could tell) Mexican cell phone wave :) Halfway through, I caught a Mr. Phil Harvey right next to me! So I snapped a pic as he was only there for a few seconds. The audience was better than I've ever heard a Coldplay audience! We were loud, sang our hearts out and Chris said that it takes alot to impress them nowadays but we managed to do it (then he added "I bet you tell all the audiences that!") It was Pete Yorn's last show and he did really well. Alot of people seemed to know all the songs. Howling Bells held their own and probably gained a bunch of new fans (me and my wife included)

THE best concert I've ever been too! One of the BEST nights of my life!

Sorry if this is everywhere, but the whole night is a blur and I'm trying to add pics! I'm sure someone else to have a better detailed review than I.

I did manage to snag a piece of the 'Yellow' balloon and TONS of butterflies!

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo19.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo.jpg

Awesome review and amazing pictures!

Thank you :D

That thing with the little girl was so cute :nice:

Ok! Having just got back a little bit ago, my mind is STILL reeling from what I just saw! Setlist is more than likely the same from previous nights. I sat at the left side of the stage, FIRST ROW! I was so close that when they came down the steps to go to C-Stage I could smell them! They smelled pretty good! Like some kind of mint incense. There was a little girl about 8 or 9 in the seat right next to me, and when the guys came down, I put out my hand and she put out her hands. As Chris saw her, he took both her hands and said something to the effect of "hiya sweetheart!" Chris was pretty funny tonight! Referencing Cincinnati, the Reds/Cardinals series, Bootsy Collins and James Brown! I've never been so close in my life! You could how much they loved playing! Chris got us all to do the very first (from what he could tell) Mexican cell phone wave :) Halfway through, I caught a Mr. Phil Harvey right next to me! So I snapped a pic as he was only there for a few seconds. The audience was better than I've ever heard a Coldplay audience! We were loud, sang our hearts out and Chris said that it takes alot to impress them nowadays but we managed to do it (then he added "I bet you tell all the audiences that!") It was Pete Yorn's last show and he did really well. Alot of people seemed to know all the songs. Howling Bells held their own and probably gained a bunch of new fans (me and my wife included)

Sorry if this is everywhere, but the whole night is a blur and I'm trying to add pics! I'm sure someone else to have a better detailed review than I.

OH MY GOD!!! Could you have gotten any closer without actually being on the stage??? :shocked2: Thanks for the awesome review and pictures. The part about the little girl is too precious!

Cool. Im getting there are 5:30 then. Im on the lawn so I want to try and get a good spot. Im so excited! I cant wait to sing every song. :)

Heres my cover of Life in Technicolor ii just because Im excited. Hey, if any of you are from the Dayton/Cincy area, add us on YouTube at youtube.com/kyleandbrent.

:)Wow, fantastic, you guys have a career, just keep on the hard work..:cool:

Woooo congrats for having such an ace seat :dance: Love the review and photos, especially the one with Phil :D

Coldplay was fantastic. I turned my friend into a Coldplay fan, well really they did, but I dragged him there to the show. I had a great time, but the security was very very tight, which I didnt think would happen. I've seen two other concerts at this venue and both times it was very lax, must be under new management or something. Anyways, I had planned on taking my camcorder in and recording the show but I didnt get it in because they were searching people and making them empty their pockets. So I took mom's digital cam which they allowed me to take in, but the thing doesn't work, so no decent pics of the show for me, or a recording (I'm hoping somebody got their equipment in and recorded the show...I'll keep an eye out on trading sites).

When Coldplay was on their B stage on the other side of the crowd, I tried to go over there and security stopped me. They also stopped me again at the end of the show when I tried to go down to the stage for a picture. Also, two security ppl on bicycles in the parking lot came up to me twice and told me to go get in line or leave because there was no loitering, even though I was waiting on for my friends, so I wasn't happy with that.

Anyways the show was fantastic. I've got a big sandwich baggy full of multi-colored butterfly confetti, which I was scooping up and stuffing into my pockets after the show. I'm sure ppl were pointing and laughing at me. lol

Coldplay came out through the crowd twice to perform on their B and C stages. The first time was on the opposite side, but the second time they came right up through our section, so I ran over and threw my hand out for a high five, didnt get one but I managed to tap Chris' arm as he ran by. Yay me. :D

Also, I had no problem getting a copy of the LeftRightLeftRightLeft cd, and I waited for the crowds to thin out to leave. Great CD btw.

Best concert I've ever been to. Going to see them in Houston in July and I can't wait. Maybe I'll get to record that one. :D

:laugh3: Don't worry about the butterflies, I did that as well, taking bagfuls of them :lol:

Glad you had fun, and yay to converting others to fans. Coldplay are really good on stage, it's no wonder :D

Guest kmm1482
Awesome review and amazing pictures!

Thank you :D

That thing with the little girl was so cute :nice:

My mind can literally do nothing today back think of how close I was! Short of being on the guys' shoulders, there's NO possible way to have gotten any closer!

And Chris was SOOOO sweet to this little girl! After he did that, the little girl and her father just turned to each other and burst into excitement! She was squeeling like... well, a little girl! :) they got a GREAT pic of it too! I wish they got on Coldplaying so we could see it. During their bows, Chris came to our side of the stage and said bye to her too :D

:)Wow, fantastic, you guys have a career, just keep on the hard work..:cool:

Hey thanks a lot! But yeah...we do have careers, but they dont involve music hehe ;). It would be amazing if that was our career though! We are just doing covers right now but Kyle has written some stuff and recorded it but I'm sure I need to redo them with my vocals ;). Thanks again! -Brent

I will post my review and pics tomorrow. I don't have time today since I am leaving for the Indy concert in a hour.

I will say I had an awesome time and I did get to meet Alex's mother. :)

The only negative things about the concert was all the drunk people who either threw up or passed out or both, and the ***hole who pushed Alex's mother down, and the ***holes who said that Coldplay sucked right after the concert.

I will post my review and pics tomorrow. I don't have time today since I am leaving for the Indy concert in a hour.

I will say I had an awesome time and I did get to meet Alex's mother. :)

The only negative things about the concert was all the drunk people who either threw up or passed out or both, and the ***hole who pushed Alex's mother down, and the ***holes who said that Coldplay sucked right after the concert.

Cant wait for your pic and review!

And yes, the most annoying thing in a concert is to be near drunk people...

Why bother going to a concert if you ended up getting wasted? :veryangry2:

The show sounded great but I was on the lawn and couldnt see TOO much. I will never sit on the lawn again by the way. I had nobody willing to pay for pavilion sitting so I had to sit on the lawn. Being on the lawn is like a totally different atmosphere. It didnt seem like there were too many fans out there. It didnt seem like too many people were singing, people were just walking around not paying attention, smoking weed, etc. Seeing them there in 05 was better for me but oh well, they still sounded great. I hope bootlegs will pop up eventually.

Hi Everyone! I drove four hours from Northeast Ohio to go to the concert with some cousins and a friend yesterday and just got back.

I have a lot of videos of the concert -- albeit not up close, but the AUDIO is very good -- sorry if I sang along in a lot of spots.

Now, I will say this, we got there at about 7ish. I went to the Cleveland show in the fall and was blown away as always (my third show overall was Cincy) having had a seat next to the left catwalk.

So to spare you, I split my review into two sections:

RIVERBEND REVIEW:

This concert I settled for lawn seats because I didn't want to force my cousins to pay too much either -- but I kind of regretted that decision.

Riverbend is a cool facility but we had to stand along the right railing (where pavilion ticket holders enter) for over four hours because the lawn was shielded by these enormously large rail/pillar/support things. Stupidest design ever -- kills a lot of views.

Also, we sat at a standstill at the end of the concert in the parking lot from 11:00pm until 12:10am before we got out of there.

You'd think the people who run Riverbend would have figured it out by now...

Finally, there were a lot of drunk and overly drunk people there and also waay too much cigarette smoke but that's not necessarily Riverbend's fault. I saw one guy who had to be taken out in a wheel chair because he was so drunk -- and the concert hadn't even started.

One final complaint. The crowd tonight at first seemed to be pretty lackluster -- for example, I was EXTREMELY disappointed that there was no Cell phone glowsticks during the Viva La Vida Remix -- even quiet ol' Cleveland did that. It was as if the crowd lived under rock because they even had video playing on the stage during that time with glowsticks being waved...

But, in the end, they redeemed themselves when we all started doing the Viva la Vida chant for the bands final Encore.

I honestly was fooled and thought they were done, but BOY did we chant.

------------------

Coldplay:

I was really excited for the show because I had seen them in Cleveland in the fall and knew that I could appreciate it more this time and even look for a few surprises.

They really did not disappoint. I was really excited to see Glass of Water make an appearance as well as The Neil Diamond cover... Chris seemed extremely playful tonight and I noticed that he was changing a lot of the lyrics in the songs (either on purpose or just forgetting).

At one point he said, "Someone told me the Cardinals beat the Reds -- but I don't know what the f--- that means..."

Pretty classic Chris right there.

I don't know why, but this night really grew on me. At first I felt disappointed in Cincinnati -- like we were letting Chris down, but at the end when he complimented us, it was really redeeming and felt good.

It was also different for me because I feel like I worked just as hard as the band. I stood for three plus hours -- cheered and sang my head off and was hanging on every word. So everytime he gave us props out on the lawn -- I really appreciated it.

Coldplay continues to put on the best show in the industry and it helps that they are a BRILLIANT band with a KILLER line-up.