✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

10-Jun-2009: AT& T Center, San Antonio, TX, USA

They have been known to do upgrades at the shows for fans in the cheap seats. Usually, they grab people on their way to their seats and ask them random Coldplay questions. I'm not really sure of the specifics, but I know it has happened to many people last year. You might want to post in the general forum to see what others can tell you...

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
cool, did you get them from ticketmaster?? I was searchin for the heck of it the other day and I saw those F1 row 13 seats, lucky you. Im sitting in F3 row 13.

yeaa i got them from ticketmaster..

funny story.. i was actually going to buy them from ticketsnow or ebay because i didnt want to be on the nosebleeds and my friend kept telling me to buy them.. so i was here and i checked for the heck of it as well.. found them and bought them.. :laugh3: its my first show so im pretty excited lol

by the way does anybody know how the catwalk runs?

i saw tha palladia concert in japan and they seem to be covering that area

by the way does anybody know how the catwalk runs?

i saw tha palladia concert in japan and they seem to be covering that area

Yeah, you should be right next to the catwalk.. It's about 13-ish rows long, so you might be right in front of it if you are closer the edge! *fingers crossed for you*

Yeah, you should be right next to the catwalk.. It's about 13-ish rows long, so you might be right in front of it if you are closer the edge! *fingers crossed for you*

sweeet, since i have right side row 13, maybe it'll be next to the b stage

that's awesomee.. hopefully we both get to be close by.. :D

sweeet, since i have right side row 13, maybe it'll be next to the b stage

You are highly likely to be right in front of the b-stage or not too far from it! :D

I'm in section 10... have a pretty good seat on the side closer to Section 8 so I should be at least along the catwalk, but Houston (102, row H) and Dallas (PIT) blow it away :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

and also...I have a quick question/request for those going to this show...would anyone be interested in getting me a bunch of the leftrightleftright albums that are being given away at the end of the show? a bunch of friends and myself really would like the album, and I've got some friends outside of the US that would really really like a copy. I know you can download it, but we all want hard copies. If anyone wants to help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated and I would pay for the shipping of the cds to me and if anyone can get me a box of cds I'll pay $50 plus the cost of shipping (like through paypal or ebay or something). my friends and I really really really want a cd, (as do a bunch of my friends' friends that live in other countries). I would be very very greatful. Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks guys! Have a great time at the show!!!

and also...I have a quick question/request for those going to this show...would anyone be interested in getting me a bunch of the leftrightleftright albums that are being given away at the end of the show? a bunch of friends and myself really would like the album, and I've got some friends outside of the US that would really really like a copy. I know you can download it, but we all want hard copies. If anyone wants to help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated and I would pay for the shipping of the cds to me and if anyone can get me a box of cds I'll pay $50 plus the cost of shipping (like through paypal or ebay or something). my friends and I really really really want a cd, (as do a bunch of my friends' friends that live in other countries). I would be very very greatful. Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks guys! Have a great time at the show!!!

Are you suggesting that people going to the shows should grab a handfull so we can get you and your friends some?

(I hope not because that means someone who paid for a ticket would likely be shortchanged. )

On the other hand there is a thread where nice people are asking nicely for one extra nice copy from a really nice show-goer. Maybe you want to visit that nice thread and get in line for one.:)

when I was at the show in camden, they had so many boxes it wasn't funny. they most certainly won't run out. but yes, I was hoping someone can help me out. I lost the one that I had gotten at the show in Camden and my friend actually had grabbed a box which he stupidly left on top of his car and drove away with on top.

I doubt you can get more than one, and even if you can, I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. I would recommend the thread suggested above to put your name on the list for extras. Or try ebay.

Coldplay graces S.A. for first time

By Hector Saldaña - Express-News Staff Writer

Chris Martin is an extraordinarily talented and affable chap. Just don't ask the singer how Coldplay became the biggest band in the world.

"It makes my brain melt," said Martin, who said he really doesn't agree with the premise. Not to mention that a recent Bruce Springsteen concert blew him away and reminded him pecking order is irrelevant.

"It really doesn't matter who's biggest today."

Coldplay makes its first San Antonio appearance at AT&T Center on Wednesday. Snow Patrol opens.

OK, so maybe the Grammy-winning band didn't start out wanting to rule the world, but how does one handle it when it happens?

"I have a hard time believing it," Martin said. "Maybe it's because I'm British or because I'm too religious. I feel lucky."

But quite astute is Martin's reasoning on how it happened: "When Radiohead went less commercial."

Coldplay is known for epic-sounding albums and big hits "Yellow," "Clocks," "In My Place," "Speed of Sound," "Fix You," "The Hardest Part" and "Viva La Vida," as well as for Martin's marriage to Oscar-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow.

There was also that blip last year when rock guitarist Joe Satriani sued the band for copyright infringement, claiming that "Viva La Vida" was too close to his 2004 song "If I Could Fly." Coldplay has denied the charge.

But Brian Eno's work on "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" — this year's album of the year — elevated an already Grammy-winning band that includes guitarist Jon Buckland, drummer Will Champion and bassist Guy Berryman.

"It's like going back to school and tearing up all the rules," said Martin. "He guides you down the path. He doesn't care about 'Yellow.' "

Martin acknowledged Eno's ways took some getting used to.

"He doesn't treat you like you're famous," he said.

Martin's kept that angelic voice in shape for the last 10 years with the help of "a funny lady in England named Mary."

Onstage, Coldplay brings "a spectacle" that Martin says depends on a huge crew.

"What worries me is that I don't know how to plug anything in anymore," said Martin. "I'm powerless."

But he'll take the entourage over the old days. "I can play piano at home any time," he said.

One thing you can't do at home is getting to hang around with Jay-Z and Paul McCartney.

"Jay-Z is one of my musical heroes. He's a personal hero the way he conducts himself," said Martin.

About their musical association: "It's part of my education."

McCartney is another kettle of fish. They crossed paths at the Grammy Awards where the band performed in colorful outfits reminiscent of the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper"-era uniforms.

"He's almost a saintly figure in England," said Martin. "It's hard to not think of him as a mythical figure."

Martin joked that Sir Paul is a little grudging with doling out praise.

"He'll give you a nod and doesn't leave," said Martin. "He called us a 'good little band.' "

Hey, isn't that how McCartney describes the Beatles?

"Yeah, I know," said Martin.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/46842832.html

Coldplay graces S.A. for first time

By Hector Saldaña - Express-News Staff Writer

Chris Martin is an extraordinarily talented and affable chap. Just don't ask the singer how Coldplay became the biggest band in the world.

"It makes my brain melt," said Martin, who said he really doesn't agree with the premise. Not to mention that a recent Bruce Springsteen concert blew him away and reminded him pecking order is irrelevant.

"It really doesn't matter who's biggest today."

Coldplay makes its first San Antonio appearance at AT&T Center on Wednesday. Snow Patrol opens.

OK, so maybe the Grammy-winning band didn't start out wanting to rule the world, but how does one handle it when it happens?

"I have a hard time believing it," Martin said. "Maybe it's because I'm British or because I'm too religious. I feel lucky."

But quite astute is Martin's reasoning on how it happened: "When Radiohead went less commercial."

Coldplay is known for epic-sounding albums and big hits "Yellow," "Clocks," "In My Place," "Speed of Sound," "Fix You," "The Hardest Part" and "Viva La Vida," as well as for Martin's marriage to Oscar-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow.

There was also that blip last year when rock guitarist Joe Satriani sued the band for copyright infringement, claiming that "Viva La Vida" was too close to his 2004 song "If I Could Fly." Coldplay has denied the charge.

But Brian Eno's work on "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" — this year's album of the year — elevated an already Grammy-winning band that includes guitarist Jon Buckland, drummer Will Champion and bassist Guy Berryman.

"It's like going back to school and tearing up all the rules," said Martin. "He guides you down the path. He doesn't care about 'Yellow.' "

Martin acknowledged Eno's ways took some getting used to.

"He doesn't treat you like you're famous," he said.

Martin's kept that angelic voice in shape for the last 10 years with the help of "a funny lady in England named Mary."

Onstage, Coldplay brings "a spectacle" that Martin says depends on a huge crew.

"What worries me is that I don't know how to plug anything in anymore," said Martin. "I'm powerless."

But he'll take the entourage over the old days. "I can play piano at home any time," he said.

One thing you can't do at home is getting to hang around with Jay-Z and Paul McCartney.

"Jay-Z is one of my musical heroes. He's a personal hero the way he conducts himself," said Martin.

About their musical association: "It's part of my education."

McCartney is another kettle of fish. They crossed paths at the Grammy Awards where the band performed in colorful outfits reminiscent of the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper"-era uniforms.

"He's almost a saintly figure in England," said Martin. "It's hard to not think of him as a mythical figure."

Martin joked that Sir Paul is a little grudging with doling out praise.

"He'll give you a nod and doesn't leave," said Martin. "He called us a 'good little band.' "

Hey, isn't that how McCartney describes the Beatles?

"Yeah, I know," said Martin.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/46842832.html

Damn, was just coming to post that. :P

Ah well, is in main Coldplay section now too.