✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is There a Coldplay Song You Just Can't Stand?!

alexman331

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually say that there isnt a song that I dont like of Coldplays.To me there is something that I like in every song they have made.Granted I listen to some songs more than others.Everyone has their favorites.I really didnt like A Whisper at first but then it grew on me and isnt as bad as I once thought.I guess it depends on my mood.To me there is something unique in every coldplay song and I can always find something that I like about every song.

Don't hate me, but when I hear the first few seconds of Lost!.....skip.....:smug:

its the overplaying

well i never listen to the lost+ with jay z cus he is just annoying i think....and takes away from jonnys awesome guitar solo there....so if i had to say i disliked a Cp song...it would be Lost+

HATE THE SCIENTIST! :stunned: that song is beautiful.....epic......:bigcry:

I KNOW! Exactly! I mean, okay if you don't LOVE it, but to dislike it enough to mention it in this thread? INSANE!

Viva la Vida certainly has been overplayed.. This has resulted in me liking it a lot less.. I'm not sure about how I feel about it now.

i'm so surprised no one said this, but when i first heard "green eyes" i absolutely despised it! ugh! i thought it was so country and chris sounded like bob dylan! but when i read the lyrics, i thought it was so beautiful, but the actual song i hate, even though i listen to it a lot b/c it's always in my head. other than that, i love every song, but some are annoying like:

1.36, crests of wave, proof, life in technicolor, (not II, i love that!) chinese sleep chant, reign of love, daylight, warning sign, what if, and twisted logic.

i feel bad most of you hate "a whisper!!" watch this awesome interview of chris:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-aMdvcsLew]YouTube - Secrets of Viva la Vida - Coldplay Exclusive[/ame]

he says that a whisper is their least popular song but he likes it. he's so sad when he says it it's so cute!

well i never listen to the lost+ with jay z cus he is just annoying i think....and takes away from jonnys awesome guitar solo there....so if i had to say i disliked a Cp song...it would be Lost+

Yesss, Lost+ is the one I Really dont like, but I still love Jay-z, I just dont think the collabos with Coldplay work:confused::\

If you hate the scientist, you aren't a true Coldplay lover. Might as well say you hate yellow too

hahahaha:D:D:D:D

I don't understand having so much dislike for the song either, but I definitely would not say that makes one not a "true" Coldplay lover. Anyone can be a "true" Coldplay lover.

Jay-Z REALLY helped to ruin Lost! for me.

I KNOW! Exactly! I mean, okay if you don't LOVE it, but to dislike it enough to mention it in this thread? INSANE!

Viva la Vida certainly has been overplayed.. This has resulted in me liking it a lot less.. I'm not sure about how I feel about it now.

I try not to listen to viva because i don't wanna get tired of it... it sucks that is so popular.

Anways back to the scientist ... the song...the video they are like two of my favorite videos and songs of all time... i get chills everytime listening to that song!

hah so true! when i first heard Viva la Vida i was like "this is the best song ever!! :dance: " and now its so overplayed....but i still love it, just not as much! ;) plus its always nice to hear a CP song on the radio even if it is overplayed cus it makes me feel all happy :nice: just thinking about coldplay :wacky:

:P:P

I try not to listen to viva because i don't wanna get tired of it... it sucks that is so popular.

Anways back to the scientist ... the song...the video they are like two of my favorite videos and songs of all time... i get chills everytime listening to that song!

yeah, that's what happened to me and lost! i fell in love w/ it right away & constantly listened to it, but now i don't listen to it so i don't ruin it for myself

ugh! i thought it was so country and chris sounded like bob dylan!

lol i tought i was the only one that found that song really bob dylan-like... i showed it to me brother (who is a bob dylan fan) and he said it kinda sounded like him....

anyway.... now that it think about it, i guess my least (but reaaaaaally least) liked one is lost+.... i usually skip the grammy video in the jay-z part :P i don't have anything against him, but i think that lost! is such a beautiful song and they had to put him there :angry:

Don't kill me, but for the longest time I could not listen to and could not stand Politik... But I love it now probably more than any other Coldplay song.

One that I particularly don't enjoy is A Spell A Rebel Yell, and I always skip over Idiot and Animals. Maybe theres a reason they were made b-sides in the first place?...then again I love The Goldrush and Crest of Waves so can't really rag on all their b-sides.

Don't kill me, but for the longest time I could not listen to and could not stand Politik... But I love it now probably more than any other Coldplay song.

One that I particularly don't enjoy is A Spell A Rebel Yell, and I always skip over Idiot and Animals. Maybe theres a reason they were made b-sides in the first place?...then again I love The Goldrush and Crest of Waves so can't really rag on all their b-sides.

I don't think Idiot was a B-side... was it?

edit: nope. :)

I had to warm up to Politic too, actually. I think it was hearing the Live 2003 version with the long intro that made me appreciate it. :)

was it just an unreleased song? i always thought it was just another random b-side...

Yup. Unreleased. There are two slightly different live recordings... one is Live @ Sydney 2001. I'm not sure where the other is from. I love them both though and would kill for a studio version of this song.

Idiot goes along with Ladder to the sun, Moses and Pour me in a list of songs that they performed live but never recorded...

coldplay has ridiculously exceptional b-sides. Most other bands would kill to have songs like those on their LP's much less on singles, or being unreleased. Its amazing how coldplay doesn't really have any "bad" songs. One would expect them to, and as artists they have a right to try making something that ends up sucking really bad and throw it away in a pile of b-sides. But coldplay's b-side pile consistently turns up gold.