✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is There a Coldplay Song You Just Can't Stand?!

alexman331

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I can't stand any Coldplay song is when it's murdered by someone else, e.g. the Jonas B*ggers or some upstart on a TV talent show.;)

Totally agree with you ! :)

I hear you, ivectc....I just don't get God Put...either. Also....I have one more to add to my list that I forgot....A Spell A Rebel Yell. Don't care much for that one either.

I will say this, though. I used to dislike Daylight, but then after listening to it repeatedly, it started to really grow on me and now I love it! The bass line is killah!

It's hard for me comprehend anyone who dislikes The Scientist, Fix You, or Gravity. God, those songs are gorgeous and pure works of art! I seriously STILL cry everytime I hear Gravity! It's so incredibly beautiful that the only response my body can muster are tears.

I cry everytime too ! I just can't understand people on here who don't like these beautiful songs !:\

That's funny because A whisper and Daylight came on my ipod today, and I didn't skip them, indeed I think I'm in love with each single Coldplay song :heart:

Oh yeah, I can't believe that I haven't mentioned Fix You yet. The most overrated Coldplay song ever. I used to love it like everyone else back when I first heard it when I was younger and more naive, but now...it's just.. So. Fucking. Overrated. There are so many better Coldplay songs.

I like Strawberry Swing, but find it out of place on this new album, somehow it just doesn't go along with the theme of this album.

Chris and JayZ have a Bromance, I hear they are the best of friends.

I also think tho it's never been said anywhere I have read, that What if was a song to Gwyneth, cause he was so insecure, this probably has nothing to do with her, but I always thought of them when I hear him sing it.

It's for Apple.

For some reason I CANNOT handle the "noise" that comes after Yes and before VLV. It hurts my ears! :confused: But thats not really a song so maybe it doesn't count -its just noise.

I thought it was shit the first couple of times too.

But it's actually great.

Goodness, this topic seems to be about someone listing a song they don't care for and then somebody else freaking out about it. I admit, I have also winced at some of these, so i think it may be best for some folks just not to read this thread. :P

I think "We Never Change" is the worst song of Parachutes...

It's not bad.. it's just the worst.

Don't diss We Never Change... :bigcry:

Though to be honest, I guess I can understand why one wouldn't like it.. It's a bit dull, maybe.

For some reason I CANNOT handle the "noise" that comes after Yes and before VLV. It hurts my ears! :confused: But thats not really a song so maybe it doesn't count -its just noise.

Have you never heard an electric guitar before? and of course Chinese Sleep Chant is a song.

Haha! I need to be in the right mood to listen to Chinese Sleep Chant... The undecipherable lyrics are annoying as hell tho.

A Whisper is awesome! Especially that bit in the middle... The bit where Chris sings about going forwards or backwards... That part is simply magical! :D

So if I had to choose a song I don't like, it would be... Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground. I never listen to that one. I think I've only listened to it like 5 times...

Haha! I need to be in the right mood to listen to Chinese Sleep Chant... The undecipherable lyrics are annoying as hell tho.

It's just "fall asleep...sleep satisfied/s...soon!"

The words don't really matter, melody is the important thing. Its the band's little shoe-gaze experiment where you should just treat the vocals as another instrument, no more important than the guitars.

Not saying you should like it now, or that it isn't annoying. Just that its easier to enjoy when you don't worry about the actual words.