✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is There a Coldplay Song You Just Can't Stand?!

alexman331

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's a B-side, but I don't care too much for "A Spell A Rebel Yell."

I forgot about that - I don't hate it, but when I first heard it, it made me nervous about what the album would sound like because I knew I wouldn't like 10 more of the same

Me too!!I'm trying to think of a song I don't like....Maybe Harmless but that's not an official one.A whisper is okay.

Anyone who hates Lovers In Japan shouldn't even be here. You can't tell me that song isn't brilliant live.

'Fix you', yes, I know that it is probably the most loved Coldplay song, but I carn't stand it!!!! 'Twisted logic', 'a whisper' and 'Gravity'.

Them's fightin' words! *rolls up sleeves* :angry:

(kidding of course ;))

Probably because its so ridiculously simple and repetitive. Those four simple notes are played during the intro, after the first chorus, during the bridge and the whole outro. You'd think they could've been at least a little more creative than that. I mean, its a decent song, and fantastic live...but not particularly impressive.

'Fix you', yes, I know that it is probably the most loved Coldplay song, but I carn't stand it!!!! 'Twisted logic', 'a whisper' and 'Gravity'.

Go away!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

In My Place. I hate it.

It's probably one of my least favorites of all of their big songs, but I still don't hate it.

I think there are no bad songs from Coldplay but i really disliked Speed of Sound at first, but it started to grow on me and now it's one of my favs :)

Same for me.

call me a super fan, but i can't hate a single song by them. I actually LOVE A Whisper. Surprisingly it's one of my top 10 fave songs. I also remember watching an interview and Chris said that A Whisper is one of his favorites too! Great minds think alike!. I will say that one i do skip over sometimes on my iPod is God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and sometimes Crests of Waves. but i still love them.

There's a place for every Coldplay song in my heart!

X&Y, but that's just because it reminds me of an ex who used to sing it all the time when the album came out.

I have this really bizarre mental blackout with that song... if you put a gun to my head right now, I couldn't tell you what it sounds like. I don't know what it is, I can just never remember it

I'll post my own list of treason in a bit.

Man...it sure does feel that way, doesn't it?! :laugh3:

I'm not too fond of: (I can't say hate, because I just don't hate anything by Coldplay)

1. A Whisper

2. God Put a Smile on Your Face

3. I Bloom Blaum

4. Chinese Sleep Chant

5. Things I Don't Understand

I can understand why people would dislike the collabo's (Lost+ and Lhuna) but I don't really dislike them... another one i don't like is God Put a Smile Upon Your Face... i dunno, I just can't get into it.... :\

I hear you, ivectc....I just don't get God Put...either. Also....I have one more to add to my list that I forgot....A Spell A Rebel Yell. Don't care much for that one either.

I will say this, though. I used to dislike Daylight, but then after listening to it repeatedly, it started to really grow on me and now I love it! The bass line is killah!

It's hard for me comprehend anyone who dislikes The Scientist, Fix You, or Gravity. God, those songs are gorgeous and pure works of art! I seriously STILL cry everytime I hear Gravity! It's so incredibly beautiful that the only response my body can muster are tears.

The Hardest Part is one of Coldplay's most despised songs, which is very sad, if you ask me. It may be a bit "popish," but I personally find it to be underrated. The song means a lot to me, and I'll stick with it until the end! :army:

Spot on, to me The Hardest Part fantastically uplifting, beautiful and lifts X & Y just when you think the album is petering out to an anti-climax.

Oh and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face is great! :stunned: