✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is There a Coldplay Song You Just Can't Stand?!

alexman331

coldplay has ridiculously exceptional b-sides. Most other bands would kill to have songs like those on their LP's much less on singles, or being unreleased. Its amazing how coldplay doesn't really have any "bad" songs. One would expect them to, and as artists they have a right to try making something that ends up sucking really bad and throw it away in a pile of b-sides. But coldplay's b-side pile consistently turns up gold.

I thoroughly agree. Well said. *claps*

Though A Spell A Rebel Yell... that was...blegh. Nobody seems to remember it..haha.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, hating Yes, I understand how someone would like to bring the whip out and put some of u in ur place, that's a good song :)

And true, you cannot hate any of the main songs of VLV, it's just not right (especially Death and All His Friends, that one's my favorite).

...hmmm...maybe i should listen to Daylight live, it could change my perspective of the song....

BUT I STAND MY GROUND ON A WHISPER, THAT SONG IS NOT COOL WITH ME....

:smug:

Of the album tracks: What If

Of the non-album tracks: The World Turned Upside Down

P.S. A Whisper is good.

...:angry: A Whisper???!!!!!

But, i do agree, TWTUD isn't that great, but it's not that bad, and I love What If...

Easy to Please.

I think I could really love it if they had done away with all the wind and echos and crashing waves and voices in the background.

"and I'm (fwwwshh!!) so... (fwwwsh!) eaaasy to please... soo eeaaa(Fffwwwshhh!!)"

:shifty:

:laugh3: Yeah, that's so true!

I just can't stand A Whisper(It totally ruins the AROBTTH album for me:() and A Spell A Rebel Yell.. I always skip those:smug:

The one I don't like a lot, is Yes

Coldplay's B-sides are pretty much always awesome.. Just like Tnspieler1012 says:nice:

Viva la Vida:P. i was definitely shocked when i first heard it. i was actually and utterly scared, that i'd lost my good old coldplay. since people rocked and sang the whoooos even an hour after the concert in the tram back home, i gave it the honour of making people happy, so.....

ah ya, "a whisper" is getting full neglection here too.

I like Strawberry Swing, but find it out of place on this new album, somehow it just doesn't go along with the theme of this album.

Chris and JayZ have a Bromance, I hear they are the best of friends.

I also think tho it's never been said anywhere I have read, that What if was a song to Gwyneth, cause he was so insecure, this probably has nothing to do with her, but I always thought of them when I hear him sing it.

I don't like Clocks

I said that to my sister the other day in the car, and she was just like

"Don't talk anymore."

sorry, I guess I've just heard it too many times, and it started to annoy me.

Same. I'll listen to it if I have to, but I just skip it alot of the time.

There's none that I hate that much but here are some that I just don't like that much:

Reign of Love (just cannot get into it at all)

Idiot

A Whisper and Daylight: I go through love/hate periods with these two

i seem to be skipping a lot of Speed of Sound and A Whisper on my playlist. i guess i don't fancy those that much. but SoS sounded great live! oh yeah and that jayz Lost@-+ (i forgot which) collaboration. i tried to understand, but simply can't :stunned:

Well, I must say that Reign of Love is very forgettable for me. It's so bland and dull...

:angry::angry::angry: @ the Easy To Please hate. I was just appreciating the wind and echos recently.. I don't see what's so bad about them. They add to the song, I tell you!

Well, I must say that Reign of Love is very forgettable for me. It's so bland and dull...

:angry::angry::angry: @ the Easy To Please hate. I was just appreciating the wind and echos recently.. I don't see what's so bad about them. They add to the song, I tell you!

All right, just for you, I went back and gave the song another good listen. I was thinking maybe what I'm missing is a good emotional attachment to the song. So I closed my eyes, put it on a second time and imagined myself back at the old lake cabin my grandparents had growing up, walking along on a cold windy day through the little cottonwoods that would pop up along the shore whenever the water levels went down.

And suddenly I was like :cry: Easy to Please! :bigcry:

(in a good way though--I've had a few really bad days)

Still not my favorite song, but I'm not going to say I can't stand it. In fact, I'm going to re-check it on my iTunes playlist. :nice:

*sniffle*

hmm I don't hate a single Coldplay song, I just dislike a few..

for example Twisted Logic, A Whisper, High Speed, Brothers and Sisters, Ode to Deodorant and Easy to Please...

I think that's all, others are quite good and some are great!

ps - I often skip LiJ just so I can hear Reign Of Love sooner I think it's an amazing song wish they put out a 20minute version of it as Will joked a while ago!;)

hmm I don't hate a single Coldplay song, I just dislike a few..

for example Twisted Logic, A Whisper, High Speed, Brothers and Sisters, Ode to Deodorant and Easy to Please...

I think that's all, others are quite good and some are great!

ps - I often skip LiJ just so I can hear Reign Of Love sooner I think it's an amazing song wish they put out a 20minute version of it as Will joked a while ago!;)

Ode to Deodorant has to be the most amazing musical creation ever by Coldplay :laugh3:

I don't understand what's up with all the LiJ haters...

I suppose my problem with Reign of Love isn't that it's a bad song; after all it's very reminiscent of Parachutes. But that may be the problem - it doesn't flow that well with the album. Maybe it's just me, but I find Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant to be a far better combination than LIJ/ROL. And I really love LIJ.