✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

well i do apologise

i was always a boyzone fan especially that song they covered for comic relief

at this present moment i am listening to scorpions, i didn't realise they were german until recently

there's quite a few good german bands and musicians knocking about

favourite blur album: think tank maybe or 13 dunno

something like that

beatlebum is such a good song

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if they jumped from being a "Boy-Band" to a "Pop" group, genre's mean nothing to me.

Good music is good music, whenever it be Pop, Rock, Indie even Rap.

True, but as a boy band they were mega-cheesy and I just couldn't take them seriously.

Now they've grown up at last.:rolleyes:

Where's Blur now? Long time they're not release their album yet.... I like Coffee & TV, Song 2, There's No Other Way.... Can't stop hear those songs

Like Pulp, they are on hiatus. However all 4 members will be getting back into the studio later this year

The one thing Coldplay and Oasis have in common is that they both make serious music and are in no way "poppy" or cheesy - unlike Blur.;)

Define serious music, please. ;)

For me a band's music cannot be judge by only one factor or aspect, (sorry, it's a bit hard for me to say this in english :D) but the whole of it which includes lyrics, messages, and reasons behind it.

A lot of their songs were about criticizing and mocking their government and modern social community. And they expressed it both with the lyrics and the music.

Some of their songs might sound 'poppy' as you say, but that didn't mean they're less serious than other music. Good Charlotte's 'Keep Your Hands off My Girl' or Franz Ferdinand's 'Do You Want To' are way lot more cheesy and 'poppy' than any Blur songs. :D

Well...it's just my opinion anyway. :nice:

Blur were one of the best bands because they changed their sound from album to album.

Cheers for that, David! :)

Like Pulp, they are on hiatus. However all 4 members will be getting back into the studio later this year

I know they're making a new blum, but as far as I know there are no official news on Graham re-joining the band. Are you sure about this?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a45865/blur-to-return-to-the-studio-in-august.html?rss

Blur are planning to return to the studio this summer, where they will decide whether to release a new album or call it quits.

Guitarist Graham Coxon, who left the group in 2002, has made peace with his former band-mates and will be involved in the project.

The quartet have reserved a London studio for a week in August, but will only book further sessions and record an album if they are able to work well together.

There are lots of news like this and even Dave and Alex had said something about it too.

But my question is, are there any declaration from Graham himself about this particular issue? :thinking:

Gosh, I really wish it's true and they could get back together again! :)

• 1 month later...

I appreciate them very very much and there was a time when I was obsessed with She's So High...

And I really like classic songs like Parklife and Girls and Boys...

And There's No Other Way is another song I really like.

And I am very happy that they are back in the studio together. Yes, that's bascially all I wanted to say. :D

I appreciate them very very much and there was a time when I was obsessed with She's So High...

And I really like classic songs like Parklife and Girls and Boys...

Yes, those two are classics. :)

THEY ARE BACK TO WORK? nice to hear that! i love She Is So Great...:)

Do you mean You're So Great or She's So High? :nice:

Yup, they're getting back to the studio in October. But check this one out.

-------

James: 'I'm not convinced the Blur reunion will work'

(Friday July 13, 2007 12:35 AM)

2250168837-james-m-convinced-blur-reunion-work-s.jpg

Blur star Alex James has cast doubt on the chances of the band reforming, insisting it could be a "deluded" idea.

The group, who had hits in the 1990s with Parklife and Song 2, have never officially split but haven't made an album since 2003's Think Tank, when guitarist Graham Coxon quit.

But while drummer Dave Rowntree insists they are all heading back to the studio in October, bassist James isn't convinced it will work.

He says, "I think about Blur, that there is a chance we can get back together and make something really brilliant, but then I'm probably deluded as well. I think with Blur it was never really quite resolved emotionally, with Graham leaving before the last album.

"I think it would be good to get back together and sort things. I think we all needed to add a paragraph to our careers saying that we all really needed to stand on our own two feet and not need the band any more before we could do anything."

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/13072007/364/james-m-convinced-blur-reunion-work.html&e=l_news_dm

No good news. :(

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Blur are reforming for rehearsals"

All four band members will reunite in 2009, says singer [Damon Albarn]

Damon Albarn has confirmed that Blur will be reuniting next year.

The singer revealed his old band, including guitarist Graham Coxon, will be working together just before a special one-off performance of his opera 'Monkey: Journey To The West' at the BBC Radio Theatre in London this afternoon (November 25).

Before playing his composition that has been specially rearranged for the stripped-down performance, Albarn was asked by the host Janice LongBlur will be playing next year.

"Blur are certainly going to rehearse and see if we're into it," he said.

The band's last album was 2003's 'Think Tank', though guitarist Coxon only appeared on one track, having left the group a year earlier.

After the Blur news was confirmed, the live reworking of the 'Monkey' then took place, with the hour-long show featuring a huge string section, plus five male and female singers at the front of the stage.

Albarn sat among the performers for the performance, though apart from briefly directing the lighting took a back seat for most of the gig.

However, towards the end he joined in on a hand-held organ and guitar for a couple of tracks.

The gig will be going out live on BBC Radio 2 on Saturday (November 29) evening.

Sauce