✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Blur! One of the greatest ever bands. It's really great that they are recording a new album, sure it will be fantastic as most of their other ones are. Graham Coxon is recording a folk album apparenty, can't wait for that either. :)

I'm so glad that there are other Blur fans on here. I thought everyone else prefered oasis...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
*very excited*

*have marked calendar already* :D :D :D

Wow! Two new albums of two great bands come out at the same day! The Chili Peppers' new one will be released on May 5th, too!

I love Blur, it took a long time and a change of my musical taste until I got into them, but suddenly I did and since then I'm crazy for them!

Damon is a great singer! And Alex is beautiful indeed.

• 1 month later...
Yeah they are old. Have you read 3862 Days The Official History of BLur? I have it and have only read about half of it. I'm bad I know :roll: I promise I will read it entirely before 2003 is over.

Awwww...

Blur20500_M.jpg

send pm to Ian(busybeeburns) and he will change it

i love Damon & Graham(did you see his new clip?)

• 6 months later...

Blur is going to release new album in 2007

the biggest problem is the guitarist Graham Coxon whos conjunction they didnt want in 2002 so he left and he has said many times he wont rejoin the band again since that ! James Rowntree said that they must request him!

the saddest thing is that they wont ever touring again because of their kids!

the most active member of the band was singer Damon Albarn who created the virtual band Gorillaz and the band The Good The Bad and The Queen!

Cohon has made his solo album this year already,but its not that great although he is one of the biggest guitarists of the 90s!

Mainly Badgeman Brown' date=' When The Cows Come Home & Threadneedle Street[/quote']

i love them

originally posted by Faint

BRAND NEW blur (with graham) recording in the studio!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_qsTR8v48"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_qsTR8v48"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_qsTR8v48" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

• 1 month later...

Graham Coxon rejoins Blur???

YAY!

stevescanzc3.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLUR are planning to make 2007 a year to remember.

DAMON ALBARN and GRAHAM COXON have finally buried the hatchet and agreed to reunite.

For the first time in almost five years Damon, Graham, ALEX JAMES and DAVE ROWNTREE are set to make sweet music together.

The kings of Britpop made their mark in the Nineties with No1 album Parklife.

And their 1995 single Country House beat arch rivals OASIS in a huge chart battle.

But by the end of the century Damon fell out with Graham over his persistent drunken antics.

In 2002 Blur’s management revealed Graham had been replaced on tour by former VERVE guitarist SIMON TONG.

But that was short-lived and the lads went their separate ways — with Damon setting up GORILLAZ and THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE QUEEN and Graham releasing a string of solo albums.

Alex set up a cheese farm at his country house while Dave worked on animation show Empire Square.

But it wasn’t until Damon appealed to Graham back in April to reform for one last show that they considered a revival. And Graham took a lot of convincing.

A source said: “Graham left Blur under a hazy cloud. He was worried that returning to the studio with the lads would be like moving backwards.

“Graham is over getting smashed every night and he didn’t want to go back to an environment where he will be tempted.

“But he has finally realised Blur have grown up and have families now.

“They are a totally different band to the one in the Nineties.

“As soon as Damon has finished his tour with The Good The Bad And The Queen in February they are planning to go into the studio. It will be one step at a time.

“It may not be a long-term project — it will probably be one last final Blur album to bring closure to the band. Just how it should have been.”

In 2006 there have been many revivals — ALL SAINTS, EAST 17, and, er, FIVE, all tried to recreate their glory years. But only TAKE THAT managed a sell-out UK tour, a No 1 album and No 1 single.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006600477,00.html