✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

Oh he is? But which one? Cause I read they were 2 versions of this song, with 2 different french singers^^

They made a French version (only release in France) with Françoise Hary, which I think is better than the original. It's called "La Comédie".

The original

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DjHKqb365A]YouTube- Blur - To The End[/ame]

Graham is so sweet wearing a suit :heart:

The French version

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAjmhULSI2s]YouTube- blur in the studio[/ame]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i said fangirls i wasn't having a go at you guys

aww, thats alright, i don't think anyone in here thought you were :D by the way nice avatar, I love Beck, and Sea Change.

I know what you mean Liz, some fangirls are just so extreme, to the point they are absolutely blinded by anything the person they are a fan of does or takes part in, like they will excuse anything they do :lol:

when i said fangirls i wasn't having a go at you guys

i didn't think you were. i was just saying what i thought about fangirls in general :nice:

They made a French version (only release in France) with Françoise Hary, which I think is better than the original. It's called "La Comédie".

The original

The French version

Yes, that version is beautiful! And aww i love that video of them recording it :D

aww, thats alright, i don't think anyone in here thought you were :D by the way nice avatar, I love Beck, and Sea Change.

I know what you mean Liz, some fangirls are just so extreme, to the point they are absolutely blinded by anything the person they are a fan of does or takes part in, like they will excuse anything they do :lol:

I like that avatar too!

yep. i dont mind making fun of the boyz sometimes either, because honestly they've done some pretty funny things :lol: and i dont get all offended if someone says they dont like Blur or one of them. you can't say anything bad around some fangirls or they get all offended and crabby about it.

btw

i kept having these crazy dreams last night, and one of them was a Blur/Gorillaz dream :lol: it was funny, but really sad at the same time wtf.

This is a really good performance of Ambulance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dAaIKMdvrs&feature=related

I was born out of love, its the only way to come into this world.

*reduced to a puddle on the floor*

W-O-W

That nearly made me cry for some weird reason :lol: but yea, lovely performance there. They all kind of look like they don't want to be there, for obvious reasons I guess. Its cool the reunion happened, because its kind of put Blur fans minds to rest as well, that they get on now, and made up. Where as if the last we saw of them together was Think Tank, it would be very sad indeed to think all them years had passed and nothing happened.

He does look so sad, something about the look in his eyes. I dont know if you've seen this video before, or if anyone else here has, but it's a pretty good performance, it gives me goosebumps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZjIstTcv-E]YouTube- Blur - Beetlebum (Live Wembley 1999)[/ame]

Dames is saying Phil Daniels parts. But still it's cockney as FUCK :lol:

:lol: omg. I cringed on Damon's behalf there. I think the first time I saw Damon speak in an interview, I was shocked that he was so posh :laugh3:

Is it just me or is Tumblr not working?

yah, Tumblr is taking a big crap! :angry: GET YO' SHIT TOGETHER TUMBLR!!!

lolol he is totally taking the piss out of himself in that Parklife demo, i love it :lol:

and here is a really good performance of Out of Time:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Damon in that suit :sneaky: and all that craziness at the beginning with the audience hahah wtf.

Haha! He sounds like a foghorn.

:heart: aww. That song is just so beautiful. Think Tank definately has some amazing, stunning songs on it, and Damon's songwriting clearly improved further on that album, but for me it just doesnt feel like a Blur record, simply because of Grahams absense I suppose. A really good album for me, but I just dont associate it with the other Blur albums somehow, if that makes sense. Battery In Your Leg is another of my recent favourites from that album, with his vocals and Graham's guitar.

Think Tank is my favorite Blur album. I think I tend to go towards their more recent stuff and of course Damon's work in Gorillaz.

& LizzyBerry what was your dream about? Lord know I've had my share fare of Damon dreams :wink3: :lol:

YouTube- Blur - Good Song[/url]

Anybody got the song "Don't Bomb When You Are the Bomb" they could send me

I have it. I don't know how to give it to you though :embarrassed:

Haha! He sounds like a foghorn.

:heart: aww. That song is just so beautiful. Think Tank definately has some amazing, stunning songs on it, and Damon's songwriting clearly improved further on that album, but for me it just doesnt feel like a Blur record, simply because of Grahams absense I suppose. A really good album for me, but I just dont associate it with the other Blur albums somehow, if that makes sense. Battery In Your Leg is another of my recent favourites from that album, with his vocals and Graham's guitar.

Does feel like a totally different Blur era. It's sort of on it's own, like you said, probably because Graham isn't there.

Although I don't like Crazy Beat :P that song sounds more like a Gorillaz b-side rather than a Blur single. It's just. No. haha

Think Tank is my favorite Blur album. I think I tend to go towards their more recent stuff and of course Damon's work in Gorillaz.

& LizzyBerry what was your dream about? Lord know I've had my share fare of Damon dreams :wink3: :lol:

oh god xD

i actually just shared it with my tumblr Blur friends... I'll copy and past the dream here:

I don’t know what the dealio was but I had like 10 dreams, all different, like one right after the other. It felt like forever. And I oddly remember all of them and that NEVER happens to me.

Anyway, one of them was Blur/ Gorillaz related. Basically in the dream me and Graham were roommates and both Damon’s lovers lol (oh yah, by the way they all looked like they did in the Charmless Man music video). But we both were totally fine sharing Damon and me and Graham were biffs anyway. So he invited us on some cruise ship because Gorillaz were performing a whole weeks worth of concerts on there. So Graham and I pack up our bags and got to the cruise ship before anyone else. Dave ended up being the cruise captain, he had the little hat and striped shirt and everything. But Paul Simonon kept insisting that he in fact looked more like a Captain than Dave did and should be the real one steering the ship. So Dave and Paul didn’t really get along throughout the dream.

So the cruise begins and we are suddenly cruising along the Somali coast of Africa because Damon said Snoop Dog would join us from there o_O

Anyway, one of the best parts (which I’m going to leave out because I feel weird talking about it and I feel like a freak fangirl blabbing about it on tumblr) was this sexual part with Damon and me. Which is very strange because if I ever have a sexual dream it’s always with like ex boyfriends or something, it’s rarely ever a celeb crush or someone I really don’t know. Anyway, going to keep that part to myself, god knows I’d lose some followers for that one.

After all that fun fun stuff, there was some big ball and everyone looked super nice and danced to all the Gorillaz songs. Alex was there too, he was in charge of the food catering (all which was cheese btw, of course!).

After the big ball, suddenly the cruise ship got attacked by Somali pirates o_O! It was terrible! Graham ran up to the deck because he left his favorite pair of shoes up there, and it was so terrible! He got speared by one of the Somali pirates D: D: D:!! And he fell overboard. Damon flipped a shit and dived in after him. I was a mess and I dived in too to make sure they both would be ok. By the time I found them both underwater, Graham was dying and Damon refused to live without him. I was “Damon we have to go, we are going to drown, he’s gone!” (cus you know you can talk underwater in dreams.) Damon wouldn’t come though and he was crying and saying he had to die with Graham because he was the love of his life. It was so sad, he was holding Graham in arms and crying and you could tell Damon was about to drown too. :’(

The next thing I remember is being pushed back up to the surface and floating on Alex’s cheese cart. The only survivors from the ship attack had been me and Alex. We floated together on his little cheese cart for like 3 days and he talked the entire time. I hated him, “Shut up! Im going to kill you! I want to die in silence” But he just kept talking about everything and it was so annoying.

We finally did get rescued though because Snoop had found out about the attack and had sent his own private cruise ship out to find any survivors. Me and Alex made it back home safely and then we were on a bunch of talk shows telling everyone our experience. Alex decided to write another book, telling about the beautiful and tragic romance and death of Graham and Damon. It ended up being some huge mega hit, and ended up selling more copies than the bible. Then it sorted of faded into this whole new dream with my family so I guess that was the end of the Blur/ Gorillaz dream. I was super happy when I woke up because I haven’t had an epic dream like that in a while! But the whole Damon and Graham dying scene still made me sad.

So I thought you all would be entertained by that sillyness ;D

:P

You'll kill me after you read this post, but I still have to listen to Think Tank in depth. :blank: I've listened to it a couple of times, but was never focused on it so I guess I need to print out the lyrics and listen to it again and again.

Whoa, that was an epic dream! :o Can't believe there was a whole story and not just bits and pieces of it.

I knowww! Every few months I'll get a dream like that. Just really epic and long, they are really amazing :D

You'll kill me after you read this post, but I still have to listen to Think Tank in depth. :blank: I've listened to it a couple of times, but was never focused on it so I guess I need to print out the lyrics and listen to it again and again.

You will love it! I'm sure it will really grow on you!

LMAOOO :laugh3: that dream was of epic proportions!

Gramon!!!!11!1!!!!1!!! Oh lord, so beautiful and tragic all at the same time :lol:

haha i know. so bittersweet :cry:

anyway you should totally tell us all how you met Damon, i know you mentioned it in the Gorillaz thread. if you want to share of course :nice:

Graham was dying and Damon refused to live without him. Damon wouldn’t come though and he was crying and saying he had to die with Graham because he was the love of his life.

:stunned: aww

what an awesome dream though, apart from the detail of graham and damon dying of course, very dramatic :lol:

hehe yah. poor Gramon. still so sad!

Here's a nice little story behind To The End:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

By now it was clear that Blur were a consummate pop group. They could swagger. They could cajole. They could make the listener laugh, tap a toe, even take a surrogate drug trip. ‘To The End’ revealed another facet of their burgeoning talent: they could, almost effortlessly, break your heart. If ‘This Is A Low’ is ‘Parklife’s masterpiece, ‘To The End’ runs it desperately close. When the band first heard Damon play it on the piano, all were convinced of its brilliance. A demo was recorded at Matrix, with Justine Frischmann singing the French parts.

Musically exceptional, ‘To The End’ also boasts one of the best performances – and lyrics – from Damon who recorded the vocal while stoned; one would never know. For the lyric, he sheds his usual devices of narrative and character study and opts for a human reflection on a relationship. But there is still a crucial ambiguity: is ‘the end’ the termination of an affair? Or is it the long-awaited end of some period of trial and difficulty? Or something else? It’s hard to say. The mood is achingly romantic yet infinitely sad. “Dirty words”, “collapsing in love”, “drinking far too much” and “neither of us mean what we say” are mesmerizing inversions of the standard love song sentiments, incontrovertibly brilliant, ‘To The End’ will outlive most pop songs written this decade. When Alex heard the finished mix he cried – a response with which many fans will sympathize.

I've never listened to Think Tank :shame:

The original

The French version

Thanks! This video of them recording with Francoise Hardy is really cool :nice:

@Liz: hahaha that was an epic dream xD I love the part with Alex's cheese cart, wtf :lol:

Tho the part of Graham and Damon dieing together is so sad :sad: