🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0956_123428_guygarveyelbowAKWL101108.jpg

Elbow's Guy Garvey: 'Something needs to be done about promoters ripping off young bands'

Frontman says pay-to-play schemes are 'playing on the hopes and dreams of musicians'

Elbow's Guy Garvey has stood up for musicians that are getting swindled by promoters who operate pay-to-play schemes.

Speaking at this year's In The City festival in Manchester, the frontman said that things need to change to give artists a chance of making a career for themselves.

"There needs to be something really strong in place if a promoter is found to be ripping off young bands," Garvey said. "It's really really unfair. It's basically playing on the hopes and dreams of people who are at the very first hurdle of their musical careers."

Garvey went on to say that he felt "quite bitter" about the way some promoters treated Elbow before they got signed.

"Quite often promoters would promise you that scouts would come in from different record labels," he explained. "So you would put up with anything that they told you or did to you."

He added: "If I knew that you could get in touch with the Musicians Union and I knew there was someone local who you could report said promoter to, that would be the way to do it. It should be the norm that you don't get ripped off. I think it should be policed more."

http://www.nme.com/news/elbow/53403

• 2 weeks later...

Complete March schedule:

March

Tue 15th - Glasgow, SECC

Wed 16th - Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena

Thu 17th - Nottingham, Trent FM Arena

Sat 19th - Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena

Sun 20th - Liverpool, Echo Arena

Tue 22nd - Birmingham, National Indoor Arena

Wed 23rd - Cardiff, International Arena

Fri 25th - Manchester, MEN Arena

Mon 28th - London, The O2

Thu 31st - Dublin, The O2

• 2 weeks later...

Elbow Add Second London 02 Show

Due to exceptional demand, Elbow have decided to add a second night at London's 02 Arena on Tuesday 29th March 2011.

Tickets go on general sale on Friday 12th November at 9am. For more details go to    http://www.elbow.co.uk

The date is the latest addition to Elbow's 2011 UK and Ireland tour - which marks their return to live action after an 18-month studio hiatus. Consult the full list of dates below and snap up the last few remaining places in the audience to welcome them back.

March

Tue 15th - Glasgow, SECC

Wed 16th - Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena

Thu 17th - Nottingham, Trent FM Arena

Sat 19th - Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena

Sun 20th - Liverpool, Echo Arena

Tue 22nd - Birmingham, National Indoor Arena

Wed 23rd - Cardiff, International Arena

Fri 25th - Manchester, MEN Arena

Mon 28th - London, The O2

Tue 29th - London, The O2 [second Show Added!]

Thu 31st - Dublin, The O2

Elbow Add Second London 02 Show

Due to exceptional demand, Elbow have decided to add a second night at London's 02 Arena on Tuesday 29th March 2011.

on a fuckin tuesday :bomb: I got the songkick alert, it bumped me :bigcry:

There is a two pages article on Elbow in the studio in the last Q issue. They give the name of a few tracks :) Guy says he reflects about his teenage years on a few songs on this album and that there will be few guests. My scanner isn't working so I can't scan it to you :confused:

Ok, so I took a pic with my camera of the article :) (sorry, it's a bit large, so I'll put under spoiler)

p1040148.png

@Paula: there is also on that issue a tiny ITV and photoshoot pic of Kashitian since they won a Q award.

Aurélie, come to Manchester ... ;)

Too much travelling. My very limit is London.

Is it the one with Take That on the cover? Oh bollocks :facepalm:

Yep :dozey: and since I'm a suscriber, I've got the 'special cover' edition, so the photo is even bigger... :facepalm: (but at least, there is articles on Paolo AND Florence -whatserface :P - in it, so...not that bad!)