SuchARush

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow Live At Abbey Road

With The BBC Concert Orchestra

Elbow played an historic gig at Abbey Road Studios on Saturday, 17th January.

The band performed their Mercury Prize winning record, 'The Seldom Seen Kid', in its entirety with the help of the BBC Concert Orchestra together with the Radio 3 choir of the year 'Chantage' - a truly stunning combination.

Live On Radio 2 - Saturday 31st January

Fans can catch this historic Elbow performance when it's broadcast on BBC Radio 2 from 9pm-10pm on Saturday 31st January.

Click here to visit BBC2's website for more information and to listen live online. Straight afterwards fans can also enjoy a special Elbow documentary on the excellent 6music.

Completing the fantastic multi-media experience fans can press the red button on any BBC TV channel after midnight on Saturday night and watch the gig in all its glory via the wonders of digital TV. So there's no excuse for missing this excellent evening of music.

Limited Edition Box Set Of Abbey Road Show

To Be Released

In more exciting news, Elbow will also release a very special box set of the recording, which will be exclusively available from http://www.elbow.co.uk

This highly-desirable collector's item will be presented in a clamshell box, including a CD of the show in a card wallet, a DVD of the evening's magic, 4 commemorative photo postcards of the event and a 16 page booklet.

This strictly-limited piece of Elbow history will be released this March, exclusively from the band's website. Click here to pre-order yours now.

. http://www.elbow.co.uk .

. http://www.theseldomseenkid.com .

. http://www.myspace.com/elbowmusic .

Does anybody know what single George Lassoes The Moon was the b-side for?

Edited: It was on the Noisebox EP and Any Day Now EP.

Just suck on your plastic spoon ;)

I'm still on the lookout for the early EPs if anybody has any links to them (I have Noisebox)

listened to their cover of the U2 classic Running to a Stand Still and its brilliant!! U2 made a very good choice in having Elbow cover it. its been all over the radio down here in aus and deservedly so. i hope they do it at the Sydney V Festival next month

I'll have to check that out.

Elbow release live disc with new versions of album

76_Elbow261005.jpg

An alternate version of 'The Seldom Seen Kid' is available to order now

Elbow have made a limited edition, alternate version of their Nationwide Mercury Prize winning album 'The Seldom Seen Kid'.

The band recorded the alternate album in its entirety during a recent performance at London's Abbey Road studios, where they were joined by Richard Hawley, the BBC Concert Orchestra and Chantage.

An invited audience also attended the show, which took place on January 17.

The band release the 'new' version of the album on CD and DVD through Elbow.co.uk, and extra features include postcards of the band taken at Abbey Road and a photo booklet with exclusive images from the day.

Fans can order the album from today, with copies set to be delivered in March.

Elbow are currently preparing to head out on a UK tour.

The band play the following venues:

Brighton Dome (February 26)

Southend Cliffs Pavilion (March 1)

Bournemouth Solent Hall (2)

Sheffield Academy (3)

Newcastle Academy (5)

Edinburgh Corn Exchange (6)

Blackpool Empress Ballroom (7)

Llandudno Arena (9)

Bristol Colston Hall (10)

Plymouth Pavilions (11)

Newport Centre (12)

London Wembley Arena (14)

http://www.nme.com

Trinty Street have gone under, so whatever will Elbow do with the orders for the live album

The Abbey Road DVD? Yeah, might be a good idea to email them and check. I'm sure they'll still send it out when it's released. They better had anyway, I pre-ordered it last week lol.

Has anyone here pre-ordered the Live At Abbey Road CD/DVD?

Trinity Street ran Elbow's webstore, and, lucky me, the day after I pre-ordered it, they went into administration. They still managed to take my money though, fuckers.

Elbow's news page insists all orders will be honoured, but the boxset is now being sold through HMV.com. Will I be getting the album from HMV, then?

I'm starting to get a bit worried. I mean, £20 is a hell of a lot to spend on an album, and I'd like to be sure I'm going to get it for the price...

Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?