✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Inspiring Coldplay lyrics...what's your favourite?

My_Song_Is_Love

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about Swallowed in the Sea. I also love A Message and Hardest Part...actually...I love all of X&Y's lyrics...they sound so perfect with those melodies. I love the ending of Politik too, where the music slows down to the piano bit...so beautiful. I also love Proof...HELL I LOVE 'EM ALL.

"Hundreds of years in the future

There could be computers

Looking for life on Earth"

- Twisted Logic

"Am i part of the cure

Or am i part of the disease?"

- Clocks

"You know that darkness always turns into light"

- What If

""You mean more

Mean more to me

Than any colour i can see"

- Low

the lyrics in all coldplay songs are meaningful to me...except a whisper :inquisitive: i really don't get that one :P

I get that one. Makes sense to me. And I love the lyrics to A Whisper. I just wish that song wasn't so obnoxious. If that the right word for it... :thinking:

^ Ugh, that is the right word for it :mean: The only Coldplay song that I don't like, right in the middle of my favorite album! :cry:

oh, and has anyone mentioned LIJ yet? because that's definitely one of my favorites..."one day the sun will come out", and then the guitars kick in and you remember the butterflies falling... *sigh* :wacky:

I agree, all the lyrics of Rush Of Blood To The Head are great, but there's a section that always has stood out for me in that song...

"So, meet me by the bridge

Oh, meet me by the lane

When am I going to see

That pretty face again?"

Bingo. :cool:

I'm going to consider "most inspiring" different than "favorite", so I'm going with the following:

Stuck on the end of this ball and chain

And I'm on my way back down again

Stood on a bridge, tied to a noose

Sick to the stomach

You can say what you mean

But it won't change a thing

I'm sick of the secrets

Stood on the edge

Tied to a noose

And you came along

And you cut me loose

specifically i love "im dead on the surface, but i am screaming underneath"

and "im sick of the secrets."

i dont know. i guess most of amsterdam are my favorite lyrics.

but like aniskywalker said, gravity is great for that too.

ive got a doubt, ....as english isnt my mother language :D ...

"im dead on the surface"

... what does it mean? the word dead is used in this phrase as the normal "dead" meaning?

anyone who knows the answer can answer it :rolleyes:

ive got a doubt, ....as english isnt my mother language :D ...

"im dead on the surface"

... what does it mean? the word dead is used in this phrase as the normal "dead" meaning?

anyone who knows the answer can answer it :rolleyes:

i think in this case it means unemotional. kinda like, a person's face would be blank, or without an expression.

that's what i've always thought it meant.

• 6 years later...

I was looking for a thread about "favorite lyrics" so I thought I´d try and post in this one...it would be nice to get it revived! If someone knows of a more active thread, let me know!

Post a or several Coldplay lyrics which mean something to you, your favourites and tell us why !

I´ll start by mentioning one lyrics which comes to mind as one of my favourites:

"Be a bright red rose come bursting the concrete"

This lyric was the one which stood out as the best for me in MX when I first heard it and later learnt it was the band´s original inception idea for the whole album. The analogy of the concrete and the rose is just wonderful. Its my favorite for several reasons: the contrast of the grey concrete and the red rose, something harsh/boring/hard/dead a seemingly insurmountable obstacle and then the red rose, bright, fragrant, alive, delicate yet so strong that it can "burst through the concrete". Its life vs death, responding to something "mean and hard" with positivity, love and exuberant enthusiasm.

Back when MX came out, I was going through the most revolutionary period of my life where I was witness every day to how something so fragile and delicate as love was changing my life, breaking patterns that had stayed rigid for years and helping me achieve seemingly the impossible. I was witnessing the red rose of love bursting the hard concrete of my stagnant life :)

So thats one of my lyric! I would love to hear yours! :D

• Like 3

'Oh what good is it to live with nothing left to give? Forget but not forgive, not loving all you see. All the streets you're walking on, a thousand houses long. Well that's were I belong and you belong with me, not swallowed in the sea'

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Light and dark...a bright spark...light and dark,and then...LIGHT..." Proof

"Sometimes the stars decide to reflect the puddles in dirt." Miracles

"Bullets fly,hit the sky,but that's alright sometimes sunlight comes streaming through the holes.." U.F.O.

"Tell me you love me,if you don't then lie,oh lie to me...Call it true,call it true love..." True Love

And many,many others :dazzled:

• Like 2

Mine is mainly, "In the darkness, before the dawn"

-Midnight

I find myself repeating it consistently in grim situations.

It reminded me of a part in a book I read, where the main character chose her own self respect over comfort with her unstable lover. She left him and that caused her to go into a period of emotional and physical suffering because she knew there was light at the end of the long dark tunnel she was going through. I learned that listening to your intuition won't get you the best immediate results, but it will give you a sense of peace in the long run.

I often have trouble listening to myself, so I take this to heart.

• Like 4